Play YouTube video button
Deakin University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Deakin University Employee Reviews

Australia105 reviews
Featured review
Deakin University selected this as a representative review
Convenient location (non CBD)

Continual Training

Work life balance encouraged

Highly regulated Human Resources policy

True commitment to OHS
Pros
People
Cons
Permanency
Great work life balance. Great people. Great salary. Regular team activities. Since its a University environment, there are many activities that take place on campus every now and then which is a lot of fun!
This University provides more study space and online materials. It guides student towards success. Talented lectures for training students in their domain. Improving the education and including advanced topics provides more information for students to enhance their career.
Pros
Free university library access and other study related software.
good working environment, motivating and supportive teamwork. great university for work and study. highly recommended. did my bachelor here
great study environment
Approachable management and varied work - obviously teaching using the latest technology - ex smart boards/computers etc. With excursions and Study Tour groups makes the life of a teacher here diversified. Also lots of opportunities for Professional Development.
progressive university with excellent understanding of technology and student learning. good processes to deal with distance and online learning. great location
good
Cons
bad
Generally a good place to work. Very friendly and supportive collegial atmosphere. Colleagues mentor each other and there are a lot of resources available to draw on. Professional development is sponsored through paid attendance at conferences, both in Melbourne and interstate. A good place to work.
My time at Deakin University is fun and a very rewarding experience! There is a lot to learn from working at Deakin University. A very supportive environment.
Very stressful and you need to know a lot about the university, the university itself is huge and its just a bit overwhelming. I was working full time Monday to Friday from 9 til 5 sometimes skipping breaks to keep up.
I learned how to adapt to and learn to teach from a variety of curriculums in a short period of time. Teaching mostly motivated young adults was enjoyable. I also enjoyed teaching courses that were five weeks long.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deakin University?
As part of the peer mentor program as a volunteer enables me to have an understanding of how difficult it would be to adjust and adopt to new surroundings and how this kind of support system would help them in what they are experiencing for them to cope with their life especially for new students.
it's fun to work with other students that are my age and those that are older. The workplace encourages the employees to be better in what they are doing. The salary and work-life balance are good.
Tight funding for research means NO job security. Good work environment, but significant delays due to OHS red tape. Overall, a good workplace, IF you have job security.
company offers growth, gives you benefits to in their package, monthly based activities , encourages to take part in environmental related work, job security.
Worked on a project which required managing several different levels of staff throughout the university. Having good communication skills - both verbal and written is very useful
Great place to work. People enjoyable and supportive. My role was challenging. I learnt a lot about the university. Academics are world renonded for their research.
An outstanding learning enviroment however full of nasty politics and egotistical people running the place. If you are not into diversity and are a smoker you will be completely demonised and will not fit in
Easily reached by bus. Great facilities and many international students and staff. Friendly staff. Large international student population and many international staff members. Great facilities.
Great place to work. Great facilities and ammenities. Accessible by public transport. Serviced by a few bus routes. Friendly staff. Great studentpopulation.
I enjoyed my time at Deakin University as a Research Assistant.
The work experiment helped me as well in my study towards the completion of my Bachelor's of Criminology and Criminal justice.
Deakin University is a fantastic place to practice using existing and new skills and tools. As a young institution it is well positioned to critically evaluate legacy systems and processes. A highly collaborative and collegial culture for a diverse range of employees to thrive in.