Play YouTube video button
Deakin University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Deakin University Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia105 reviews
Featured review
Deakin University selected this as a representative review
Convenient location (non CBD)
Continual Training
Work life balance encouraged

Highly regulated Human Resources policy

True commitment to OHS
Pros
People
Cons
Permanency
Great work life balance. Great people. Great salary. Regular team activities. Since its a University environment, there are many activities that take place on campus every now and then which is a lot of fun!
it's fun to work with other students that are my age and those that are older. The workplace encourages the employees to be better in what they are doing. The salary and work-life balance are good.
company offers growth, gives you benefits to in their package, monthly based activities , encourages to take part in environmental related work, job security.
Deakin was a good company to work for but advancing my career without a PHD was very difficult. There were not enough training opportunities provided to upskill.
Pros
nice benefits and super
Cons
not great with training
The people in the lab are so supporting and welcoming that it doesn't take long to break the ice. always ready to help and show you how to do something even if you're asking for the hundredth time.
Pros
lots of advice and work flexibility
Cons
long travel times
I absolutely loved every minute of working for Deakin University. It is a fantastic University and stands out from the crowd. They have great working conditions and room for advancement. Their Salary structure is great, and the VC has really put Deakin on the map as a preferred university to study at.
My only issue was I was made redundant last year and the reason I was given was my salary could no longer be sustained.

Since myself and the current director have moved on, they realised they could not cope with out my role as I managed the largest team in Corporate Finance they have had to recruit 3 staff to take on the one role which I was in, therefore three times the wages as before they made my position redundant. I did not want to take a package but I was basically given no option. So this is the only issue I have with Deakin, that I think this decision was made hastily and not researched enough, when deciding to make my role redundant. Really I should have been give the opportunity to go back given that I never wanted to leave. This is the only issue I have. I don't think the current CFO made the best decision for Deakin.
Pros
staff, salary, policies, place of employment, conditions
It is kind of internship, a wonderful place to work.
Pros

Good salary, nice colleagues, many opportunities to grow and expand our potentials. Good research funding comparable to Group of 8 uni

Cons

People from minor ethnic background do not get much chance in leadership positions. At least thats what we can see / notice in the executive positions
Excellent process for University examinations.Vetting of candidates sitting for exams is fair,appropriate,consistent.
Reasonable allowances made for students with disabilities or other conditions affecting examination constraints
Pros
Good working conditions, good colleagues
Cons
Nothing really comes to mind
It was a very good opportunity for students who study at Deakin University. Good salary was given, the working environment was excellent and colleges are friendly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deakin University?
Deakin is supportive in the skill and career development of its staff, and offers great benefits and salary. They are committed to providing exceptional education to the students, and constantly look for ways to improve service delivery.
It's a great place to work
Good work / life balance

Compensation and benefits are great
Location and flexible work hours are awesome
Great support for staff
Working with family member environment. Long hours but opportunity to work extra hours if required. Fas paced working environment. Tough workingconditions.
Pros
Opportunity to work extra hours.
Cons
Long Hours.
I always strive to do my best in whatever I do. I have a friendly nature and I get on well with most people that I meet. I am able to communicate effectively with a range of people including family members, my peers and adults.
i have learned a lot such as, team work , help each other and do your best.

the management was good and understanding when it comes us and always call us to know if there anything need to be done or added to complete the job.

The hardest part in the job , when you working a lot and u have to do most of the work by your self as my team was sick.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing new people and understanding each other.
Pros
Salary paid and Team work
Cons
Short hours