Play YouTube video button

Deakin University Employee Review

View all Deakin University reviews

Average
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Geelong2 July 2015
I have worked at Deakin for a few years and the culture in the school that I worked in was awful. Everyone was over-worked and miserable. There was a lack of care over the fact that we were teaching material that has not been updates since the 90s, despite the area having gone through extensive transformation. I would never study here again nor work there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor culture among staff.

Other Deakin University Employee Reviews

it was great, while it lasted...
casual (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC13 July 2019
As part of my degree (student at Deakin) I pursed an internship in one of Deakin's departments, alongside other students. Following the internship another student and I were given casual positions for the same role. I myself was never even trained for the role they hired me for, however the other person was. I instead was just sitting in the office feeling like a nuisance doing the same thing I had been doing for my internship, not what I was hired to do. I only worked 3 shifts, on the last day they tell me over the phone this was my last. I was never told how long this role was supposed to be and honestly felt this was overall incredibly unprofessional.
Pros
great pay
Cons
the department i worked in
Learned few new things
student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC27 May 2019
My experience was of fun and productivity.Met with peoplefrom different cultures and countries during my studies at Deakin University. Only issue observed by me is that university is not giving education according to industry needs.
Pros
Uni has good space
Cons
no personal growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deakin University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2