Decjuba
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Decjuba Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
The discount is significant and a huge pro.
Occasionally management can be strict to a ridiculous level, rules are chopped and changed.

i.e. Threats of dismissal if all targets are not met.

Very sales focused company.

Staff moral dependent on store - some stores are fantastic others less so.

Companies motto is "for women" and boasts a 99% of staff as female but that isn't always supported through actions. Do not feel that they really are 'for women'
Pros
Great Staff Discount
Cons
Strict A/L Rules, Harsh Management Style
The worst thing about this company is higher up management (regional managers, state managers and up)
Very sales focused, constantly changing their mind (one week they tell you to do something and the next week they send emails saying to stop doing what we were told to do), don't trust their staff and nothing you do is ever enough for them. You can do everything right but if you make one mistake that's the part they focus on.

Managers are constantly quitting or dropping to lower positions and staff turnover is high.

Only part of the job I enjoy is the people I work with in my own store
Very fast paced and long days but overall managing Decjuba was the best experience i had so much fun and enjoyed the learning throughout it was a great journey with Decjuba
Pros
Clothes allowance
Cons
Long days
You get to work with an amazing team, learn something new every day. It's great because they help you grow rather than pull you down.
They encourage growth and help you to develop more on the skills you already have or don't have!
Where do I even start? I lost count of all the issues I had with this company in the 3 months I worked here as a casual. I should have taken notice of all the red flags right from the start.

Before my interview, I was told I'd be sent an email with all the information I needed. A week later and no email, I spend 2 days trying to call and email someone to ask, then when I finally got a response I was told there was "never supposed to be an email sent".

They failed to send me all the relevant documents before I started, then insisted that I hadn't provided them with all relevant documents. There was so much confusion between head office and the store manager as to when I was starting my first shift and it was impossible to contact anyone to clarify.

On my first shift, the (grossly incompetent, unprofessional and disorganised) store manager didn't even realise I had a shift and insisted I had it wrong, which I definitely did not. I was given no training whatsoever, not shown around the store or introduced to anyone, and within 5 minutes of being in the store was just told to "walk around and help customers" - which was completely unfair and ridiculous since I had no idea where anything was and had worked at the company for all of a few minutes. Never got trained on the registers or given a staff login code. I was only given one shift a week, and every shift I was greeted with the same "I didn't know you were working today?" from the store manager.

After my first week, I got 2 emails saying I had been a "no show" at my rostered shifts, when I had been on time to both,
 - more...
Pros
Discount on their incredibly overpriced clothes
Cons
Everything else
Fooled at the interview into thinking it was going to be a supportive, encouraging and empowering place to work. It never was. Constantly harassed by management, no matter if you are hitting budgets. Stock turnover is challenging to maintain as there isn't alot of room in backrooms, VM changes weekly which I enjoyed. Staff and customers were a pleasure to work with.
Even if you think you want to try the opportunity, know that you are going to go home stressed and exhausted every night, then feel unappreciated by management, training is non existent and there is no responsibility from management. It's not worth the stress and it's not worth your time as they do not appreciate you. Culture from management is toxic and I don't mean store managers I mean everyone else above store level. No matter how hard you try it is not enough.
Pros
Team environment in store was great, customers lovely to work with, pay is good but not for stress, discount could be better.
Cons
Management harrassing, not willing to do training, no room for growth within the company, stock turnover is high, management are unreliable, unaccountable, power hungry
Management needs a lot of work, little support, a lot of physical work and tones of reporting, they don't seem to trust their employees. Visual merchandising is ridiculous, the quality of the clothing is not the best, no refunds? customers are not impressed.
Pros
free clothing
Cons
management and VM
I have never worked for a more toxic company. The culture at Decjuba is simply terrible. The bullying mentality is firm amongst the management team and thus the turn over of staff is unparalleled. I stopped counting the number of complaints made to regionals, state managers, HR and even the ceo and all for nothing to eventuate but the bullies team member be put on performance review and pushed from their role. There is no opportunity for growth and no support in your role.
Absolutely disgusting
Pros
The discount ?
Cons
Everything. Don’t bother
It was so nice to work in a workplace under such excellent management. The dean there were extremely dedicated and really helped me to push myself to make really large sales.
Pros
Cons
Very strict on having a life outside of work
Was a wonderful retail experience place for me to start with, loved the work environment and all the girls that I got too work with, also was a great location for me.
Pros
Wonderful company, happy working environment.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Decjuba?
Arrive at 9;15, get store ready, check emails, banking,rosters, float etc. Stock floor, merchandise, train staff, dispute resolution, deliveries, pro active on the floor with customers, sell, sell, sell!!!
Got along great with my co-workers and the hardest part of the day was if it was quiet or there where deliveries where things just weren't quite right. Most enjoyable part of the day is beating budget and going way beyond that.

Great fast moving company....
Pros
Staff, clothes
Cons
pay