Decjuba Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs. Incompetent management, disorganised, a terrible experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC5 June 2019
Where do I even start? I lost count of all the issues I had with this company in the 3 months I worked here as a casual. I should have taken notice of all the red flags right from the start.

Before my interview, I was told I'd be sent an email with all the information I needed. A week later and no email, I spend 2 days trying to call and email someone to ask, then when I finally got a response I was told there was "never supposed to be an email sent".

They failed to send me all the relevant documents before I started, then insisted that I hadn't provided them with all relevant documents. There was so much confusion between head office and the store manager as to when I was starting my first shift and it was impossible to contact anyone to clarify.

On my first shift, the (grossly incompetent, unprofessional and disorganised) store manager didn't even realise I had a shift and insisted I had it wrong, which I definitely did not. I was given no training whatsoever, not shown around the store or introduced to anyone, and within 5 minutes of being in the store was just told to "walk around and help customers" - which was completely unfair and ridiculous since I had no idea where anything was and had worked at the company for all of a few minutes. Never got trained on the registers or given a staff login code. I was only given one shift a week, and every shift I was greeted with the same "I didn't know you were working today?" from the store manager.

After my first week, I got 2 emails saying I had been a "no show" at my rostered shifts, when I had been on time to both,
  more... and then didn't get paid for my first two weeks of work. This took management over a month to sort out. I was deliberately rostered on days when I had specified I couldn't work and had been assured I wouldn't be rostered, and then after 2 and a half months I just stopped getting shifts or being sent the weekly roster and never heard from them again. No "Thanks for working here" or "Unfortunately we won't be renewing your contract", nothing.

Disgusting. Avoid working here if you can, it's a huge waste of time.
Pros
Discount on their incredibly overpriced clothes
Cons
Everything else
Unimpressed
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NSW26 March 2019
Management needs a lot of work, little support, a lot of physical work and tones of reporting, they don't seem to trust their employees. Visual merchandising is ridiculous, the quality of the clothing is not the best, no refunds? customers are not impressed.
Pros
free clothing
Cons
management and VM
Toxic company
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 February 2019
I have never worked for a more toxic company. The culture at Decjuba is simply terrible. The bullying mentality is firm amongst the management team and thus the turn over of staff is unparalleled. I stopped counting the number of complaints made to regionals, state managers, HR and even the ceo and all for nothing to eventuate but the bullies team member be put on performance review and pushed from their role. There is no opportunity for growth and no support in your role.
Absolutely disgusting
Pros
The discount ?
Cons
Everything. Don’t bother
Great benefits, enjoyable job, mostly friendly staff.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 July 2018
The discount is significant and a huge pro.
Occasionally management can be strict to a ridiculous level, rules are chopped and changed.
i.e. Threats of dismissal if all targets are not met.
Very sales focused company.
Staff moral dependent on store - some stores are fantastic others less so.
Companies motto is "for women" and boasts a 99% of staff as female but that isn't always supported through actions. Do not feel that they really are 'for women'
Pros
Great Staff Discount
Cons
Strict A/L Rules, Harsh Management Style
Extremely professional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2017
It was so nice to work in a workplace under such excellent management. The dean there were extremely dedicated and really helped me to push myself to make really large sales.
Pros
Cons
Very strict on having a life outside of work
Productive and happy work environment .
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 January 2017
Was a wonderful retail experience place for me to start with, loved the work environment and all the girls that I got too work with, also was a great location for me.
Pros
Wonderful company, happy working environment.
Decjuba
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW21 July 2016
Arrive at 9;15, get store ready, check emails, banking,rosters, float etc. Stock floor, merchandise, train staff, dispute resolution, deliveries, pro active on the floor with customers, sell, sell, sell!!!
Got along great with my co-workers and the hardest part of the day was if it was quiet or there where deliveries where things just weren't quite right. Most enjoyable part of the day is beating budget and going way beyond that.
Great fast moving company....
Pros
Staff, clothes
Cons
pay