Decmil Employee Reviews

A good employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 September 2018
A good organisation to work for, with a personal touch and strong employees. The organisation is constantly progressing and attempting to diversify, thus offering its employees varied experience.
positive work atmosphere
Crane Operator/Rigger Scaffolding Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill WA29 April 2018
a good company to work for. the 4/1 roster was a bit of a killer but everyone was positive and helped each other out. Good money and they gave me room for advancement.
Pros
awesome money
Cons
long roster
Not the best place to work
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 December 2017
Terrible place to work, very clicky culture within management, you are micro managed, no job security, a lot of secret squirrel.

If you are desperate for work then go for it! Every department is definitely different.
Pros
Flexible working arrangement
Cons
Micro Managing
Diverse tasks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA16 October 2017
With Decmil I had exposure to a diverse range of tasks. From civil works, mechanical, construction, concrete, grouting, building installation.as well as administration.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Well established in the construction industry
Administration Assistant & Reception (Former Employee) –  Perth26 September 2017
workplace culture was good: friday food & drinks and good staff events
staff group memberships available with benefits

i worked there until the mining boom was no longer and chose to leave due to study commitments and only being able to work casual/part time hours
great work place
Escort and pilot vehicle (Former Employee) –  Central Queensland Mooranbah28 June 2017
The company never recognised traditional owners,i enjoyed doing the work which was given to me.

i liked the people that i worked with as they all worked very hard to complete the job that was given to each and everyone of us.
Pros
Great pays
Cons
very long hours
professional outfit
Able to lead teams or work autonomously (Former Employee) –  royhil8 September 2016
A positive, well balanced company with very approachable management. very enjoyable experience and would work for them again.
nice pipework construction contract close to home
Pipe Fitter/ Coded Welder (Former Employee) –  Point peron3 April 2016
Decmil were good to work for as they had a good job and management were approachable. Was a letdown in terms of continuity of work, poor attitude in the Store and poor stocking of the stores of equipment and consumables
Pros
barby every friday smoko
Cons
bad attitude in stores and stocking of equipment
good job good boss
All Round Operator (Former Employee) –  Karatha WA19 January 2016
always busy plenty of overtime experienced people in the industry . good rewards good safety record well managed there so we can all make some money
Pros
good iif program
Fun - Work Hard and a great project team
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pilbara, WA14 December 2015
Some of the projects and teams were awesome. Some of the best supervisors and crew that I have had the experience of dealing with
What I learnt
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill22 November 2015
I felt comfortable the minute I landed at Roy Hill. I was 'thrown in the deep end' of Payroll. I quickly learnt Decmil's systems and was on my own executing Payroll for weekly paid employees. I adapted quickly to the fast paced environment and was sad to leave.
Pros
Busy environment and fantastic team
Cons
I was no longer needed after 6.5 weeks
Great company with good family values
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Karratha, WA5 May 2015
Fantastic motivated team to work with great leaders and mentors, great to see a company evolve and grow to one of the leading civil contractors in the oil and gas industry.
Fun workplace
Recruitment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 February 2015
Very fast paced role for a construction contractor. Great management team and people. Great benefits and facilities.
we made it a fun place we had to
Semi Driver/Rigger Telehandler operator (Former Employee) –  bowen basin coal fields9 June 2014
a average day was setting out my work tasks for the day any spare time filled in on other tasks had a great time really enjoyed going to work . Management were mostly ex chippys this job had a lot of outside transport and there knowledge of transport was zero so they did not understand the issues involved as when rainthe want something it was always on the ground and in the store eg on tight site you must work out where to get the trucks so you can get them out eg these people would bring in a triple road train unload it and walk away the only comment was tell em to back out you cannot do this with these vehicles so was very frustrating.Great guys worked well together and had good times on rdo,s
Pros
moving into something you had constructed from a green field
Cons
hours were ok
Productive and insightful workplace
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, QLD6 March 2014
Morning brief with management and supervisors at 6am, along with morning stretches.. Open stores, organize the boys with tools for the day ahead. Record all stock going out and coming in. Communicate via two way with my colleagues on site. Recieving and ordering stock. Keep stores tidy and organized. Follow all HSE rules and regulations. I don't feel there was too much hard about my job.I enjoyed the new experience, the knowledge I gained in the process along with the great crew we had on site.
Pros
Excellent oportunities, excellent money and excellent crew.
Cons
Long swings
Young developing company when I worked there.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth30 January 2014
The hardest thing was working with imposters and incompetent management.
great to live at work site and walk to work
operator (Former Employee) –  caval ridge25 November 2013
safe work environment but not enough thought by m/ment to wet weather problems.high % co workers very good.seeing the end product for all the hard work that went into it.
Nice people on staff
IT Assistant - Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 October 2013
Good place to be but no job security as there are no projects in the near future
Great camp, plenty to do after work.
Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island16 September 2013
I was a TA for Decmil which included cleaning out all tempory buildings after they were finished, grouting, on regular ocations cleaning smoko sheds / offices ect, driving bus around the site drop off & pick up for breaks.
Pros
Didn't spend any money all swing
Cons
Rather a long swing but no problem
Productive crews who wanted to do the right thing at all times
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pluto, Karratha15 February 2013
Atended a Pre-Start and signed on attendance sheet. Learned about safety issues encountered during previous day work.Management attended these meetings and were able to ask questions of management when required. Hardest part of the job was the exact location of the job as the site was huge and compliance to the local permit system. On quite a few occasions permits weren't issued due to operational issues with the client. The most enjoyable part of the whole task was the fact that the crew took ownership of their job and that reflected on the Safety statistics with an end result of no LTI for 500.000 hrs.
Pros
crews were happy to see safety on the floor