Defence Housing Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Defence Housing Australia Employee Reviews

the people within the organisation were extremely professional . the land development side are solid professionals to work with assisting and level headed.
Greeting Staff Members and Defence Members. Answering phone calls from Defence Members and their Families. Entering Data. Organising Inspections. Organising Maintenance or Cleaners for Properties
Awesome place to work, lovely Mangers , helpful staff Flexible, understanding Would love to go back there. Staff are very helpful, lots of training provided
Working at Defence Housing was great! Long hours but really worth the experience. I was trained in Sales and Marketing for the property market. Working with Defence Personel was great and was truly an experience. I left DHA because I couldnt advance my career.
A typical day at work requires cleaning, fixing, repairing, installing planning and execution. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing what is being accomplished behind the scenes.
The workplace was very hard working and supportive. I was able to liaise with staff at all levels. I had to use my computer skills in managing administrative tasks. I used my superior written and oral communication skills on a daily basis.
A typical day at work included dealing with complex enquiries and managing peoples entitlements. In this jobs I learnt excellent customer service, the ability to multitask better, and how to work best under pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people, and giving great service and unravelling complex issues. The hardest part of the job was the work load, at times there was simply not enough staff to deal with this. We did the best we possibly could though. The management and workplace culture was a pleasure to be involved in, of of the best companies I worked for. However, I made the decision to relocate back to the UK.
Great team environment Opportunity for training and job progression Management were understanding and approachable Excellent procedures for day to day running of company
Workplace culture is great as well as management all friendly and helpful, I have been enjoyed most of the my time in DHA and such a great experience that I had was working for DHA.
I do have the freedom with my current role. I have the opportunity to run my role like my own business. It takes a lot of self motivation,but I have a lot of support from Management within DHA and I enjoy the difference that each day brings.
Pros
Work from Home
A typical day at work would require me to find suitable on-base accommodation for all defence personnel as required.
Sad to be leaving but my job and others have been deemed at risk and I will be leaving on 1 October 2014 and taking a redundancy.
Pros
Great conditions
Cons
Very High work volume
A great place for learning the ropes and advancement. A national company and large GBE with growth plans.