Degani Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Dont bother they underpay staff
Wait Staff/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC26 February 2018
Don't bother applying, you'll just be overworked and underpaid. Managers are cheap and everything on the menu is bad quality but marked up. Save your time and work somewhere else. Chain cafes like these are terrible they only care about cutting and minimising costs, not about their employees. They're all the same no matter which one you work at.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay
Making and serving specialty coffees in a fast-paced work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC21 October 2017
Being an extrovert I enjoy interacting with people. Having a location in the middle of a mall, we serve hundreds of people everyday. No two days are the same. Multi-tasking skill is mastered working at a place like this, I receive order and payments on the customer, serve the pastries, make their drink order, serve the drink and food and take it out to the table, clean the tables after the meal, stock the store, and maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the store while performing all the duties.

Working in a high volume store, I have learned time-management skills, delegate tasks, effective ways of communication, and organizational skills.
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
A job that keeps you fairly busy
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC1 October 2017
A typical day at work goes quite quickly as it gets fairly busy during the day and there is always something to do. I don't particularly like how the business is run as I do not get adequate breaks and I get underpaid. The workplace culture can be good as we can all work as a team when it's necessary and needed and we stick up for each other. However this is not always the case. I enjoy that we get free meals at lunch and free coffee.
fun, interesting and productive
Head Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westfield Southland VIC29 July 2017
During my time at Degani Bakery Cafe i learned and became familiar with many different skills that contributed to my understanding of good customer service and how to keep my customers happy and satisfied. i dealt with large groups of people and was so happy to work each day knowing that i get to meet many interesting customers who helped me become more comfortable at my job knowing that i can do this and that they loved me as a waitress . The best part of my job was entertaining while serving my customers they gave me lost of tips for making them happy and smile as i served them and gave compliments to my boss about my great customer service .
full on but crazy fun
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC25 February 2017
crazy busy, always on the go " well actually it depends of the location of the store but you still would get your crazy rush hours.
the skills i picked up from my experience working with this company was pretty great, but it all depends on whos working with you on the day or whos willing to actually take the time and effort that is needed to make sure everyone is following smoothly. hardest part would have to be when theres less stuff on.
Pros
great stuff, Great food
Cons
lack of stuff at times & not enough proper coffee makers
fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC28 September 2015
fun work place, busy, good daily customers. people i worked with were nice and friendly. really really good enviroment to work in
Pros
free lunch
Cons
really busy