Delaware North Employee Reviews

Another world of Hospitality
Restaurant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 July 2018
Another Hospitality World

Retail Business
Minimum but long lasting customer interaction
Anticipate the need of a customer before their flight
World joins at one place
Fun and productive working with Delaware North Staff
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Ashmore QLD2 May 2018
During the two weeks casual work at Delaware North during the Commonwealth Games, I was assigned as the Asian Chef in the Main Dining Hall. It was such a challenge doing the wok all day but my supervisor and colleagues were a big help to me. I also learned a lot of valuable insights that could help me in the advancement of my career.
Pros
rewarding work environment
Cons
long hours, miscoomnication between handovers
Great workforce then you meet the management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC6 March 2018
Management will snap at you the moment you do something remotely wrong. Even if you attempt to fix it yourself. You are treated with this respect in person and via email.
Pros
Regular staff aren’t bad
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Casual Food&Beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria8 February 2018
Has the best family created environment probs the best thing when working in hospitality Delaware is the place to work for if you're looking for professional help in hospitality
greater job satisfaction
Head Chef Sovereign Hill museum (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC3 February 2018
Greater company to work for. Also there is always recognition of ones skill. As a multination company always there are scopes for working in different venues with diversified staff.
Pros
professional development
Fast paced environment
Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC31 January 2018
Always something new at Delaware, never disappointed. amazing team to work with and understanding management. Respectable and professional customer service skills is never a miss when being served by a delaware employee.
Pros
free small coffee each shift
Cons
emptying bins
Employment with Delaware
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 January 2018
I gained employment with Delaware north for the Australian open and Etihad stadium, I went in for retail food and beverage but was put into kitchen stewarding, I was offered one shift in which I was thrown head first into washing dishes for 5 hours.
I requested to be transferred into my preferred role to be told they won't be doing that until after the Australian open.
Australian open has started and not been offered any shifts.
Pretty wrong if you ask me
The pay is under $19 an hour but I'm a senior.
Pros
Employment
Cons
No shifts, no training, low pay
Vibrant workplace with diverse staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW8 January 2018
Every shift is with your new team. You meet new people everyday and synchronies together to function as an effective team.The job is simple but challenging.
fun work place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
The employees are friendly, helpful and professional. They strive to provide exceptional service for the customers. The hardworking staff make the cafe experience much more enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Fun and proffessional work place
Team Leader (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
Great place to work for as it has a fantastic workplace culture. The company is very professional and expects impeccible service from their staff, but the hardwork is also very rewarding and enjoyable.

Want to know more about Delaware North?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place
Casual Food and Beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 November 2017
Everyday day working at Delaware North was fun. I was on the customer service role and i loved it. i learned how to communicate and work in group settings.
Pros
Friendly stuff
Cons
Fun and busy work environment
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Delaware North at Domain Stadium, they provided me with fun experiences of what it was like to work at a busy environment.
Bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 September 2017
Nice place to work, it is run pretty well. A typical day spent at Delaware North would include performing various duties in the establishment & providing excellent customer service to the patrons.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Rigid
Fun environment but bad organisation and management
Corporate Relations and Beverage services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 August 2017
The team was amazing and I made some strong friendships with them but they accept shifts for you without your consent and promote/demote people without their consent either. The company did not see me as a human but more as a pawn in their roster game. Not fun. Everyone I worked with has/is about to quit as the treatment they received there was deplorable.
Pros
Awesome team, minimal bullying
Cons
Mangement, rosters, workload
fun workplace
Retail Food and beverage attendant - casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC23 July 2017
Delaware North gives you an opportunity to work and excel your skills in different areas. It make sure that all staffs are following and maintaining the guests service standard at all times
productive and a fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne australia17 July 2017
Decent Benefits, perks from the account we work at, this is a P&L account so the venue does so much for staff and we are fortunate to be included. Otherwise our management does not do anything for us.
Pros
Very open to sharing growth opps for less experienced employees; lots of promotion from within
Cons
Work life balance is non existent.
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 June 2017
I loved working at Hungry Jacks, however the reason I had left was because the pay was very low, especially when I was working so hard and 15 hour shift other days to cover for those who were not able to come in. Management was okay as well, not the best but we all got along so well that we were able to discuss these things with our managers. If I hadn't felt so underpaid, I wouldn't have left working at Hungry Jacks as it was fun and very enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunity for overtimes
Cons
Pay is very little
fun workplace
Food and Beverage attendant, Etihad Stadium (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC11 June 2017
overall a great job to have, would definitely go back, but wasn't enough shifts coming through, and hours weren't long enough. the job kept you on your feet kept you busy. everyone around was just always so happy and enthusiastic.
Pros
kept on your feet
Cons
not enough hours or shifts.
pleased with what i achieve during set up
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA10 May 2017
set up function rooms and corporate suites ready for game day.work as a suite attendant on game day,silver service of food and beverages.enjoyable part of the job is the other team members i work with and the relaxed atmosphere,
Pros
relaxed and fun atmosphere
Cons
can be under the pump with added changes on game day
Dinamismo
SUPERVISOR DE ATENDIMENTO AO CLIENTE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne2 May 2017
Eventos muito dinâmicos fazendo o ambiente de trabalho diferente todos os dias.
Pros
Super dinamica
Cons
nada

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.