Delaware North Employee Reviews

Employment with Delaware
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 January 2018
I gained employment with Delaware north for the Australian open and Etihad stadium, I went in for retail food and beverage but was put into kitchen stewarding, I was offered one shift in which I was thrown head first into washing dishes for 5 hours.
I requested to be transferred into my preferred role to be told they won't be doing that until after the Australian open.
Australian open has started and not been offered any shifts.
Pretty wrong if you ask me
The pay is under $19 an hour but I'm a senior.
Pros
Employment
Cons
No shifts, no training, low pay
fun work place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
The employees are friendly, helpful and professional. They strive to provide exceptional service for the customers. The hardworking staff make the cafe experience much more enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Fun and proffessional work place
Team Leader (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
Great place to work for as it has a fantastic workplace culture. The company is very professional and expects impeccible service from their staff, but the hardwork is also very rewarding and enjoyable.
Productive and fun place
Casual Food and Beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 November 2017
Everyday day working at Delaware North was fun. I was on the customer service role and i loved it. i learned how to communicate and work in group settings.
Pros
Friendly stuff
Cons
Fun and busy work environment
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Delaware North at Domain Stadium, they provided me with fun experiences of what it was like to work at a busy environment.
Bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 September 2017
Nice place to work, it is run pretty well. A typical day spent at Delaware North would include performing various duties in the establishment & providing excellent customer service to the patrons.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Rigid
Fun environment but bad organisation and management
Corporate Relations and Beverage services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 August 2017
The team was amazing and I made some strong friendships with them but they accept shifts for you without your consent and promote/demote people without their consent either. The company did not see me as a human but more as a pawn in their roster game. Not fun. Everyone I worked with has/is about to quit as the treatment they received there was deplorable.
Pros
Awesome team, minimal bullying
Cons
Mangement, rosters, workload
fun workplace
Retail Food and beverage attendant - casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC23 July 2017
Delaware North gives you an opportunity to work and excel your skills in different areas. It make sure that all staffs are following and maintaining the guests service standard at all times
productive and a fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne australia17 July 2017
Decent Benefits, perks from the account we work at, this is a P&L account so the venue does so much for staff and we are fortunate to be included. Otherwise our management does not do anything for us.
Pros
Very open to sharing growth opps for less experienced employees; lots of promotion from within
Cons
Work life balance is non existent.
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 June 2017
I loved working at Hungry Jacks, however the reason I had left was because the pay was very low, especially when I was working so hard and 15 hour shift other days to cover for those who were not able to come in. Management was okay as well, not the best but we all got along so well that we were able to discuss these things with our managers. If I hadn't felt so underpaid, I wouldn't have left working at Hungry Jacks as it was fun and very enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunity for overtimes
Cons
Pay is very little
fun workplace
Food and Beverage attendant, Etihad Stadium (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC11 June 2017
overall a great job to have, would definitely go back, but wasn't enough shifts coming through, and hours weren't long enough. the job kept you on your feet kept you busy. everyone around was just always so happy and enthusiastic.
Pros
kept on your feet
Cons
not enough hours or shifts.
pleased with what i achieve during set up
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA10 May 2017
set up function rooms and corporate suites ready for game day.work as a suite attendant on game day,silver service of food and beverages.enjoyable part of the job is the other team members i work with and the relaxed atmosphere,
Pros
relaxed and fun atmosphere
Cons
can be under the pump with added changes on game day
Dinamismo
SUPERVISOR DE ATENDIMENTO AO CLIENTE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne2 May 2017
Eventos muito dinĂ¢micos fazendo o ambiente de trabalho diferente todos os dias.
Pros
Super dinamica
Cons
nada
Great friendly work environment
Team Leader - Sports Sector (Current Employee) –  Perth WA29 April 2017
I love working for Delaware North. Everyone is friendly from casual staff to management. They look after their staff and treat them with respect. Hard workers get promoted quickly.
Great Place to work
Corporate Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 April 2017
Delaware North has been an excellent place to work. The Australian Open provided a great experience in dedicated teamwork and overall staff comradery. The Open was fun to work at, as well as to attend as a guest, the shifts were a good length and plentiful. And it was a fantastic opportunity to meet people from all across the globe.
Pros
Laneway Club was a great vibe
Cons
Food that was thrown out
Excellent work environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT24 February 2017
It is an amazing work place with a fantastic work environment. Implacable team work. Friendly staff and reliable managers that ensure all staff are happy.
Pros
Team work
great place to work
casual food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 February 2017
Serving customers at major events
food and beverage attendants
eftpos process payment training
good team leaders
at times can be unorganised, with shift time, however wonderful work culture.
Ambiente de trabajo
Runner Retail (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 January 2017
se presenta buen ambiente en la jornada laboral de la empresa mencionada, la calidad humana de cada uno de los trabajadores hace el dia a dia mas ameno.
Fun and festive environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2016
Treating the guests right is the ultimate goal of the job and have to deal with a huge number of guests in a very short period of time.
Pros
added tips
Cons
less shifts
Good place to improve your Customer Service Skills.
Crew Member/ Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 November 2016
It is a place where we deal with almost five hundred customers a day, wish them serve them food , speak to them (Table Touch), maintain a good Customer relationship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.