Delaware North Employee Reviews

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 1,826 reviews
Good place
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney19 June 2019
Nothing but the best. Not all will say thesame. A lot of drama between staff and management and between staff. But if you have the right availability and make no trouble it is a great place to be.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Too many lazy people that get paid highly
Professional oragnisation
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 May 2019
Professional organisation room, for advancement. Diverse range of roles. I learn how to supervise staff.A good hospitality organisation.Good training for other positions either within the company or for another organisation.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Travel long distance to work.
Very Stressful and hostile environment
kitchen talent (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC20 May 2019
Little training (or none at all) on how to use company systems and softwares. No guidance from upper management who at some stages don't know what they're doing and blame others for their mistakes and failures. Little team work or none at all. Look like everybody (especially management) is taking care of their own "square" and only try to look nice with the client and the head office. Very rude and unrespectful treatment from some seniors members that think it's a family owned business and therefore do not share helpful or important information.
Long unpaid extra hours especially during July period when a lot of unskilled and inexperienced staff are hired to meet the high demand and are just thrown in without proper training or even proper site induction.
Cons
Hostile environment
Staff are nice,but be careful some of the managers!!!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2019
Central Station It's a busy place,sometimes it's a little dangerous,but police are always walk around,and most of the staff are nice! Just enjoy the shift over there!
productive and fun working environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD5 March 2019
A productive and fun working environment. Got an opportunity to meet some great athletes while working. And got a great exposure of working with different people from many different countries. Worth the amazing experience.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner during the shift
Cash Office
Cash Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney SCG2 March 2019
Loved working here. It was at the SCG and our role was to go and collect cash from all the traders working at the grounds, count the cash, give trader receipt and then take cash to office where it was reconciled and Banked. At the closing of the ground, the traders would bring the remaining cash to the Office where it was counted, reconciled and banked. All the staff were very friendly and we did get together for various events. Have worked in Defence Credit Union so am already good with finances.
Pros
Pay was good but you worked for it.
Cons
Finishinbg at 2 to 3am's
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, various locations2 March 2019
Worked with Navy canteens doing just about every job going as well as a Barista. Loved the customers, the job and the other staff. Some middle management were a bit hard to get on with but top management were great. Made sandwiches, croissants, various cakes and other foods as well as made coffees, teas, hot chocolates... etc. Opened and closed Canteen, managed the orders and bookwork, liaised with delivery people, money collections through Armaguard, reconciled cash takings and floats.

Only left, as hubby ( Navy ) got posted.
Pros
the customers
Fun workplace
Boxes/suites Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2019
Clean and professional dress is provided which help us to increase our confident. Great environment, learned to manage time and prioritize work. Enjoyable part is being busy all the time.
Pros
always busy
Cons
do not remember personal problems
Great place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kings Canyon resort12 January 2019
The people that I workedd with were awesome but mangerment was a jjoke.. They the wrost company I have work for. They had no respect for their staff. I will not go back there.
Pros
Cons
Under staff and under paid
Not pay timely and correctly
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  NSW3 January 2019
I was not paid for the induction and my first shift. And I have given 4 weeks to the HR and the Payroll team to organize my payment, but I was paid in another 6 weeks after I gave them my final notice and Fair Work’s interference. I would never ever work for them again.
Pros
Get you in quickly
Cons
Not paid timely and correctly
Fun workplace
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Australia3 January 2019
Its a fun workplace but at the same time , they get the job done
Working at this company has definitely made me a better person today i learnt a lot from working with them
Pros
Working with new people
Cons
Un ambiente molto stimolante e ben organizzato
Pasticcere (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, AU11 December 2018
Ho potuto apprendere nuove tecniche e una grande organizzazione nella produzione di pasticceria per eventi
Good
Food and Bar Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 December 2018
Difficult to work for sometimes with very unreasonable request on staff and team leaders. Long hours and very diverse staff. Enjoy working in the most iconic stadium in the world.
Amazing place to work
Corporate Food and beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 November 2018
Good place to work, I really learnt good skills there and new challenges.
With all of these knowledges I can use in my future careers and develop new skills in demand.
Flexible, considerate, family friendly employers.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
Great range of working areas so you get to experience on how to work at bars, make coffees and serve food and beverages. You learn new skills on how to deal and handle with very busy crowds and organizing stock.
Empresa organizada e com uma atmosfera agradável no trabalho
Food an Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  AU18 October 2018
Os supervisores são super dinâmicos, e a empresa é super organizada nos eventos.
O dia a dia do trabalho é muito animado mas ao mesmo tempo respeitoso conforme a cultura Australiana.
Pros
chance de crescimento interno
Cons
não fornece refeição
Always exciting to work with the team
Boxes/Suites Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 October 2018
- fun and happy team
- well management
- good communication skill with our team
- dress provided
- flexible working hour
- a hard part is when a customer had to wait for several minutes for their order
Pros
Learning new thing everyday
Cons
Busy
Hard work yet satisfying
Food and Beverage All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 October 2018
Working for Delaware North tested my ability to work in a hospitality environment. Being a part of such a huge team. You are expected to be able to do any of the positions needed. This tested my comfort zone but developed my skills in these areas.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2018
Great place of work!
Mainly Bar tending.
Great culture.
Efficiently managed.
Lots of help for new employees.
Love the events you get the chance to work at.
Another world of Hospitality
Restaurant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 July 2018
Another Hospitality World

Retail Business
Minimum but long lasting customer interaction
Anticipate the need of a customer before their flight
World joins at one place