Dell Technologies
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Dell Technologies:

Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews
This is a supportive environment that encourages free thinking and supports your every move!! Highly recommend being a part of the team. I feel valued and supported, especially when you have an issue to solve the team does anything to get the job done and give good customer service at the same time and providing me with the job satisfaction and comfort that i can support my customers as they need.
Pros
Support network and technical expertise.
Good collaborative environment, fast paced, work hard, play hard.
Access to world leading technology, ability to make the role your own, career development can be difficult in some roles due to flat structure and small team
Good company to work for, albeit very sales focussed and i think overly reliant on metrics for every aspect of the job.. you will be filling out Salesforce forms for hours per day.
Good working culture with amazing people to work with. I really love the work/life balance that is presented and the flexibility provided is something to die for if you're looking for stability.
I had about 200 phone call everyday and dealt with Dell customers. Our job was to listen what the problem was and solve the issue. I learnt how to manage customers service .
Super friendly Marketing Team who foster a culture of inclusivity. It was an eye-opening experience for me as a first-time intern. I would recommend it to people looking to get started in the tech world.
Dell was a good place to work and the workplace was full of positive vibes with friendly colleagues and helpful management. The workplace was built with some good facilities in the lounge area which was cool during break times.
Dell Technologies is a great place to work. It's a complex environment, fast paced, make you deal with ambiguity all the time. However, the workplace culture is wonderful, people are respectful, you don't need to be micro-managed. You make your carreer.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Complex environment
No two days are the same. Great variety and support from leadership team members that empower team members to be successful in their roles.

Feel very comfortable being myself at work and being the best I can be each day for my team and my customers.
Worked over 8 years in the organization as full time permanent employee.
Work Life Balance, Flexibility, Career Progression, Benefits and opportunities to modern technology as excellent
Pros
Great environment to work and love the culture
I enjoyed my time EMC. Every department understood the role of the facilities manger and was willing to assist to make every office a safe clean workplace.
Relaxed workplace environment.

Manage your own work as you see fit so long as targets and deadlines are met. Never been questioned where I was or what I was doing which was a very good thing.

Management is what you'd expect of a US based business.

Nothing matters besides the numbers, and if need be you'll be thrown under the bus.
Pros
Left alone to do work
Cons
Management aren't people you'd want to rely on
Typical day answering customer enquires booking warranty jobs,

The hardest part of the job was justifying a dispatch on parts covered under warranty with L2 Techs when you have been an internal desktop support officer
Pros
Pool table and foosball table in the lunch room
Cons
DELL Australia provides good working environment. Lovely team members from different nations and backgrounds. Location is quite far though and you have to travel too much every day.
- computer hardware and software troubleshooting,
- repairing and upgrading computer systems,

- PC and notebook systems,

- continual performance over 90%.
Highly motivated team work hours are flexible. Highly motivated team

Everyday new skills are learnt in dealing with a diverse global teams as well as internal and external customers.

Hardest part of the job is the volume of work and keeping up with change.

Flexible hours, great team work and people are great to work with.
Pros
Good people, ethical, work life balance, remote and mobile work, well established in the industry
Cons
work volume
Working at Dell is like riding a roller coaster. It;s very fast-paced and exciting, but it has its ups and downs. I love working at Dell but like roller coasters it's not for everyone.
Pros
Great people, you learn a lot
Cons
lack of career progression once you get to the Director level
Although the pay, benefits & work life balance are above average there was little opportunity for advancement. I received numerous awards, pay raises, one off bonus etc for going above and beyond but was never able to advance. Most movement is lateral within the company and mid-level roles are often filled from outside. When looking for ways to cut OPEX years of service, tribal knowledge and commitment were less important and many roles were offshored to save money. Very sad that money and making MORE of it outweighs the human factory.
Pros
Coworkers were great and pay was good
Cons
long hour and no company loyality when trying to cut cost
Answer calls
Support customers, manage team members

Assist customers with general enquires

Train new staff members, hardest part was the traffic and dealing with matrix
Pros
People
Cons
The company taught me a lot, it has a lot of opportunities to help improve your career. Some days are longer than others and often hard to strike up a work/life balance. Overall though the people and the culture there are pretty noteworthy.
Company has changed significantly since I left, so any commentary I might add is very dated and of little to no relevance.

Was easy to get appointments using the logo though.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.
3.9K