Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 7,465 reviews
Long hours but interesting work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater London10 July 2018
The Big Four variety off similar experiences - long unsociable hours but exposure to interesting work. Deloitte won many exciting projects during my experience - and some of which were highlights of my career. However, the work life balance can be poor, and at certain points the morale in the team dropped to the point that everyone seemed to want to leave. They do very little to retain employees.
Pros
Interesting work
Extremely professional
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 September 2018
I worked with best accountants in Sydney, the team was well diverse in culture and each person input was counted. You were given individual projects to work on with the team.
Pros
free coffee
Great learning opportunity
PMO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
My job at Deloitte has allowed me to advance and grown beyond my expectations. This has come at a cost to my work-life balance. This has been a great opportunity with a fantastic diverse team.
Productive and fun place to develop your career and to apply previous experience in a collaborative and positive environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT16 September 2018
Great first tier firm to work with in order to establish self identity and to learn from expert individuals in various business and technology focus. This also includes an ongoing opportunity to participate in professional training and development courses with flexible timing.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Highly competitive
Stay only if you are learning
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 September 2018
You are able to learn and master a lot of skills very quickly. However, after you learn as much as you can, just leave because work/life balance is non-existent.
Too much Red Tape
Experienced Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 December 2017
Very regimented structure when it comes to promotion. Treated as a tick the box exercise rather than a performance based decision. Salary leaves much to be desired, especially when comparing to industry standards.
Pros
Vast internal capability
Cons
Low pay, too much bureaucracy and fixed promotion structure
Contract position within the Assurance and Advisory Division
Analyst - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 July 2018
A typical day would involve working on an employees file in a variety of tasks from interviewing them to investigating a claim of underpayment.
I developed my Excel skills significantly in this role, and learnt to work fast.
The culture was young yet professional.
The hardest part of the job was that it was a temporary contract position, and long work hours were expected.
The thing I enjoyed the most at Deloitte was the people I worked with.
Great work - life balance
National Partner Services (NPS) Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 March 2018
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu have a great work culture and offer flexibility to their staff, along with quality learning and development.

The people who work at Deloitte are often warm and friendly and there is a great level of respect.

Deloitte has a strong culture in fostering equality and understanding within people's personal lives and how to balance that within their work life and are really at the forefront of inclusivity.
Great Culture of Flexibility
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia26 February 2018
Management are very supportive of a flexible working environment. Work life balance as long as the work is being performed well.
Pay reviews annually.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Consulting experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2018
Difficult to achieve work life balance in any big 4 consulting firm. Variety of work and challenging environment provides the adrenaline to achieve more

Want to know more about Deloitte?

Ask a question
Very good school for new starters
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 March 2018
This is a fun company where juniors can definitely learn a lot in a nice and young environment.

The job can be demanding at times as clients expect consultants to have a state-of-the-art knowledge in their expertise area and deadlines in a very short amount of time which can be challenging.
Pros
you learn a lot of soft and hard skills, job is varied, lots of fun for juniors
Cons
very unstable schedule at work depending on projects, career prospects unclear
Challenging but an excellent consulting experience
Client Manager -Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 March 2018
Great workplace, full of talented people where you eventually become a perfectionist.
There is nothing like a typical day at Deloitte. Every day is different, uncertain and calls for complete time and people management.
Good training and leadership
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 May 2018
you will receive very good training before you start your job . friendly working environment . very fast past and stay late for work is common. Nice office to work in
Empowered to learn and improve skills
Receptionist / Relief Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT6 September 2017
Ensure client files etc ready for day ahead. Open office, switchboard on, Attend to and distribute mail as required. Serve clients and direct to relevant accountant. Make and manage appointments. Process payments, invoices etc as required. Reconcile banking. Assist Service Delivery Manager/ step into role as needed.
Filing. Data input and management of integrity of same within internal programmes as well as external data bases.
Assist other departments as requested and directed.
Gained industry specific knowledge.
Busy days were sometimes a challenge.
Most enjoyable was being able to utilise and improve skills as well as learning new skills. Was sorry to leave as I relished the role and it's challenges.
Productive work place with great systems
Audit and Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 October 2014
We would work in teams on a daily basis. I have learnt how to write reports, testing the design and implementation of controls and documenting the operating effectiveness of controls. I have also learnt how to approach clients and team members in a professional way.
Most of the time every person managed their own work and reported to management at the end of each day on the progress of work for the day.
My co-workers/team members were great and very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and not having a work/life balance. The management style was also difficult to adopt to and I wasn't used to the office environment there. I found it very enjoyable working in a team and learning something every day.
Pros
We worked on great systems and the learning opportunities and resources were imense.
Cons
Long hours and management style.
Enjoyable client interactions
lead senior (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 February 2016
A typical day for me includes meeting clients and having conversations about work and opportunities which can enhance the existing process.

As a lead senior there is immense learning around understanding the needs of people around and helping/trying to connect them with someone who can help them.

I encourage my team members to share their experience on the job and how we can enhance the experience for the team.

Juggling a lot of things together is fun but too much of it at times makes it hard too!

The client meetings and discussions are most enjoyabe!
Pros
employee culture and diversity
Cons
work life balance and remuneration
Expert Hyperion Planning,Essbase,HtFR,HPCM,ODI,OFSAA end to end implementation in large enterprises
Solution Architect & Offshore Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne,VIC19 January 2014
Very strong Performance Management Technology(Enterprise Performance Management) tools and technology implementation end to end.Expert Hyperion Planning,Essbase(BSO & ASO),Hyperion Financial Reporting,HPCM(Hyperion Profitability and cost management),ODI(Oracle Data Integrator),OFSAA,Reveleus.
Pros
challenging work, and more work dependency on me frogroupm the
Great
Senior Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 December 2016
A very good but hardwork environment good for career advancement and stable remuneration. Would recoommend Deloitte for any person seriously looking for an environment to hone in skills in accountancy, audit, finance and advisory.
Pros
Great development environment. Great rewards. Great people.
Very professional working environment
Senior Business Analyst/Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 July 2017
A fantastic working environment with plenty of opportunity for personal professional growth. Deloitte provides opportunities for employees in term of on-going education in skills upgrade.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Dynamic and very fast paced
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2017
One of the best in auditing but I guessed lacked planning and staff at middle level during busy period. Amazing place to work and learn Deloitte way. Workplace culture was great and management was very supportive and understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K