Deloitte

Sydney NSW36 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,176 reviews

Good start

Flexible work but lots of red tape. Management are not helpful when wanting to pursue other opportunities within the company. Favouritism is rife but decent staff benefits

Analyst from Risk Advsiory

I first joined the Sydney RA team as an intern, then moved on as a grad and now finally, an analyst. I can't speak on the behalf of any other team or location, but Sydney RA was a pretty good department with great colleagues. The work was varied and fast paced and there was never a dull moment. Some cons are definitely the hours of work- no matter how focused you are during your 7hr day, even if you skip lunch, you will never be able to complete all tasks. If you work extra you won't be paid overtime. Their 'flex' work is a little bad e.g. you can take a longer lunch or pick kids from school, but it's expected you'll log back in afterwards, to complete your hrs, etc. There's also a lot of movement of people and projects- my mentor changed 3 times in 2 years for example, and it's the same with projects, you'll be jumping back and forth on things, but it's expected that you figure it out yourself. There's also a weird ego thing that I've noticed during my time e.g. when you cc several people in an email, partners like to be first, followed by directors, etc but if you ever have an issue, partners will never want to hear it and would direct you towards the senior analysts and managers.Apart from this, the Sydney office does offer free caffeine, stocks some quality stationery & there's some great company discounts. My genuine advice for anyone joining Deloitte, or any other big 4, is be prepared to be overworked and on call at short notice and be comfortable with a low junior pay rate.

Pros

Free coffee, stationery, hair-dryers

Cons

Long hours, low pay for juniors, no overtime

Good WFH flexibility

Good work from home flexibility. Generally long hours. Lots of work, understaffed with no expectations to hire more. Generally underpaid for the hours worked.

Good development opportunities

My role wasn't as time-demanding as for those in other teams where you're expected to work long hours. Pay is average until you become a manager. Big focus on climate and sustainability.

Pros

Flexible working arrangements

Cons

Pay is better elsewhere

Myopic and localised view. This is not a global organisation.

Lateral hires are not favoured for partnerships. Partners have their own fiefdom and does not recognise even when efforts have been put in by directors.Jnr to Director level is ok as they are not in direct competitions with Partners.

Pros

Good clients

Good culture, and leadership

Leadership supports talent growth and have clear pathways being offered to employees to help them grow their potentials. You have ample opportunity to join variety of projects .

Pros

Cons

Deloitte

Over worked and under paid.

I would not recommend working at Deloitte. Its good for your CV, however the work and stress does not equate to the compensation. They have big promises and dreams about mental health, flexible working and work live balance, which is not the actual case wrt. expectation and deliverables. They made us take a pay cut to avoid job cuts and still our colleagues got retrenched a few months later. Not cool and no wonder alot of people are resigning.

Great consulting giant

Loved my short term contract at Deloitte! Team were friendly and engaging, very helpful to get set up in the first week despite Initial difficulties. Really nice group of people to work with and the leadership team have your best interest at heart. Lots of opportunity to grow your career.

Competitive pro services environment

Competitive pro services environment with many of the nation's top brains. Genuine sense of togetherness and a drive to achieve common goal whilst maintaining a strong social conscience.

a great employer

deloitte is a great employer that provides a vast array of opportunities in sap in a best practise professional encironment. a great place to work for a sap consultant

Great organisation with ample opportunities

Great organisation with ample opportunities and very collaborative team. Learning experience is unmatched and learn to work in multidimensional organisation and with multi tasking .

Deloitte Review

Pros - Ability to work with smart people - Lots of training and learning opportunities - Exposure to varied industries and projects Cons - The work is not as technically rigorous as I would have liked.

Fantastic

I loved working in Deloitte. The culture was great and the management was friendly and helpful. Great location of their Sydney office too. Very convenient for commuting.

internship

the project assigned to me was meant to bring a qualitative change to their business practices. i was provided full support and access to Deloitte's resources.

Productive and innovative

A typical day at work is busy with processing data, reports and liaising with various teams and external stakeholders Workplace culture is generally good, fun and collaborative and training is available for various roles within the company. The hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting priorities, strict time frames and issue resolution which makes it challenging and enjoyable at the same time.

Good networking opportunities

The best thing was I expanded my network. There are so many amazing people in the company and I had chances to work with them. As an intern I only worked from 9-5, but I noticed some people work long hours.

Hard to tell

My time at deloitte was as an intern and it was a very quiet period for the division i was in so it is hard to provide good feedback. I personally learned that I prefer working at a smaller firm

Good work-life balance, high intensity

- high pressure, high pace - client facing roles - good working culture - good work-life balance - great colleagues - learning opportunities - opportunities for fast career progress

Great learning opportunity

My job at Deloitte has allowed me to advance and grown beyond my expectations. This has come at a cost to my work-life balance. This has been a great opportunity with a fantastic diverse team.

Extremely professional

I worked with best accountants in Sydney, the team was well diverse in culture and each person input was counted. You were given individual projects to work on with the team.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

Stay only if you are learning

You are able to learn and master a lot of skills very quickly. However, after you learn as much as you can, just leave because work/life balance is non-existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Deloitte with