Deloitte

Australia5 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,176 reviews

Analyst from Risk Advsiory

I first joined the Sydney RA team as an intern, then moved on as a grad and now finally, an analyst. I can't speak on the behalf of any other team or location, but Sydney RA was a pretty good department with great colleagues. The work was varied and fast paced and there was never a dull moment. Some cons are definitely the hours of work- no matter how focused you are during your 7hr day, even if you skip lunch, you will never be able to complete all tasks. If you work extra you won't be paid overtime. Their 'flex' work is a little bad e.g. you can take a longer lunch or pick kids from school, but it's expected you'll log back in afterwards, to complete your hrs, etc. There's also a lot of movement of people and projects- my mentor changed 3 times in 2 years for example, and it's the same with projects, you'll be jumping back and forth on things, but it's expected that you figure it out yourself. There's also a weird ego thing that I've noticed during my time e.g. when you cc several people in an email, partners like to be first, followed by directors, etc but if you ever have an issue, partners will never want to hear it and would direct you towards the senior analysts and managers.Apart from this, the Sydney office does offer free caffeine, stocks some quality stationery & there's some great company discounts. My genuine advice for anyone joining Deloitte, or any other big 4, is be prepared to be overworked and on call at short notice and be comfortable with a low junior pay rate.

Pros

Free coffee, stationery, hair-dryers

Cons

Long hours, low pay for juniors, no overtime

Inclusive workplace with good balance.

Good work-life balance. Friendly colleagues and superiors. Average compensation. Interesting projects Very good training and learning environment. Good brand name.

Stay only if you are learning

You are able to learn and master a lot of skills very quickly. However, after you learn as much as you can, just leave because work/life balance is non-existent.

Too much Red Tape

Very regimented structure when it comes to promotion. Treated as a tick the box exercise rather than a performance based decision. Salary leaves much to be desired, especially when comparing to industry standards.

Pros

Vast internal capability

Cons

Low pay, too much bureaucracy and fixed promotion structure

Excellent internship and terrific learning experience

I worked in a team to set up business processes for a major telecommunications client, who had introduced a new brand of internet service provider. My primary tasks included developing process flow diagrams to illustrate various business functions, and work instructions for call centre agents who handled customer-related issues.

Pros

Direct feedback from manager regarding my progress

Cons

Short duration of program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Deloitte with