Delta Group

10: Delta Group Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

only for intern there

good working time, but did not get paid since it was my first time to get an inern opportunity. but my managers were really easy approach, and people on site were friendly as well.

Huge workload, repetitious and boring

Contracted at Delta for six months. They ended the contract at the six month point. Days were spent doing timesheet data entry and creating/issuing P.O's, invoicing for national sites , their internal system was outdated and laborious, you spend your day chained to a desk trying to get never ending piles of paperwork done. Other staff were good to work with, everyone is a bit burned out. They expect you to grind out data entry and mistakes cannot be reversed once in the system- you are set up to fail.Management are driven pretty hard- the business owner and his absolute wierdo brother spend all day popping in and out of offices, checking up on people. The wierdo brother hangs around trying to hit on female staff. Beware. Inappropriate 'boys club' culture, if you are a woman here you will be either in finance or admin/secretarial. Very old fashioned company.

Pros

My direct supervisor had great taste in music

Cons

Long days, piles of paperwork, archaic system

Best

Pray to work with delta again anytime and anywhere. Delta group is a company I will not want to for get. The best i have work with in Australia. They are the best

Due to the nature of the business its very volitile

Pretty good place to work but true to any Union job it can come to an end with little to no notice which is the nature of the business. The crew were good to work with

Work

Hardest part of the job was lots of hard hours but I also made some good friends out of it. Learnt how to use a range over power tools and also got to experience what asbestos looks like in the work environment.

Pros

Good work mates

Cons

A good company to work for long term

The company allowed me to work unsupervised allowing foreman to do other tasks, plant and equipment was always kept in good condition, the workplace health and safety was always a priority

Pros

Just a wage

Cons

Could not advance

it was great company

I worked in this company during 6 months for full time internship position. they have excellent culture among their office. I learned general concept through out site engineer and project engineer positions. most of time, my role was assisting senior project engineer which was taking off relevant stuffs from proposed draws and estimating cost and managing subcontractors.

Pros

participated in big project

Cons

A good variety of different projects

Delta Group is a good place for graduates to start their careers, they have a good variety of different projects going on, which is good for learning.

Pros

Friendly people

Friendly and supportive staff

Staffs are very supportive and friendly.But they are doing only demolition work at the movement but as i am a civil engineer and i am interested in Civil and construction works.

Pros

Suitable working hours

Cons

Not much to learn

Productive fast paced

My day usually includes organisation of equipment movements both intrastate and interstate, using both verbal & telephone communication. I am also responsible for the asset control. procurement, estimations and negotiations, site deliveries and workplace cleaning duties. I have learned an extensive range of skills relating to this job.I am able to work as an individual or within a team environment. Enjoy as each day is different and requires you to use different skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Delta Group with