Department For Communities and Social Inclusion Employee Reviews

Great workplace to learn aout other cultures and to be organised and felxable in your job
Disability Services Officer (Current Employee) –  South Australia, Adelaide26 August 2018
- As daily basis, the officer has to be organised and flexible and thoughtful to perform the duties.

- I learning how to organise my daily duties, how to plan for today and for next seven days, how to understand other cultures, how to solve daily issues individually and with the team. how to engage our clients in their daily activities and how to find productive benefits for them.

- managing the relations with other team members to perform our duties with new ideas from each one of us. The flexibility to exchange opinions and thoughts and manage the problems that we might meet when we do our duties.

- Our job give a chance to deal and mix with other cultures and to learn more about what they like to dislike. Also, those skills helped us to achieve our duties correctly.

- The hardest part of our job is to find the people who isolate themselves away from the team or manage their duties without communicate with other team members.

- The most enjoyable part is to feel comfortable to do your duties with other team members who fixable and understandable to your culture, opinions, ideas and personalty.
Enjoy seeing new skills learnt and the smiles they bring.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA10 April 2017
Department of Communities and Social Inclusion -

is quite a rewarding role as in my day to day tasks I face many challenges throughout the course of my 12 hour shifts.

People I support are in 24/7 care and have quite a diverse range of disabilities which I learn from daily.

I find my position very satisfying and love to engage in sourcing and involving clients to have a better quality of love through active engagement and inclusion in their day to day activities.

Management is very supportive and encourage growth and to think outside the box.

Culture with the NDIS reform commencing has impacted somewhat on individuals as it is the "not knowing" for job security.

Hardest part of my position is not being able to do more for people I support.

Seeing people I support achieve a life goal is the most enjoyable part of my job role.
Pros
Working as a Team toward the same goal and achieving this.
Cons
Work/life balance is impacted.
Experience varied
Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 April 2017
This position was enjoyable under the right management, however it is an area with an extremely high turnover which made it difficult to identify changes in management expectations and culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High turnover
Satisfactory
cleaner (Former Employee) –  adelaide4 November 2013
arrived at 200pm cleaned an arts and craft area mopping vaccume
cleaned kitchen area finish work at 830
i worked the most of the time on my own
the most enjoyable part was meeting the customers
Pros
satisfaction of my work
Cons
less hours
Government Department
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide5 June 2013
Typical Government environment.
Good management.
Good staff.
Pros
Government public servant
Cons
Government public servant