Department of Communities and Justice
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Communities and Justice Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
A typical day at work is to expect the unexpected. An employee can have their day mapped out and at any time throughout the day, there is a distraction that takes away from the plan and throws the day into chaos.
Through this I have gained excellent time management skills, and have come to the conclusion that I am only human and can only do so much in one day.

The hardest part of the job is when you pull out all the stops to get a task completed as a matter of urgency and it is deemed no longer required.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a great outcome for the clients come into fruition.
Pros
Good life/work balance
Cons
Increased workload due to insufficient staff and resources
I enjoyed the time I spent there and felt I made a valuable contribution. I especially enjoyed getting to know my colleagues there and getting a well-rounded picture of government services.
DCJ hired so many workers for ongoing casuals. we were trained in so many products, and they kept extending our contracts until one day, they just decided to lay off all the contractors over night.
Great learning and professional development opportunities.I always feel supported by management. Diverse work nature which make it interesting and challenging .
Freedom to be creative and brainstorm new ideas with team members.
Working at the housing contact centre can repeat itself at times. Overall it is a good environment and when busy really interesting. Sometimes there a huge wait times between calls but it gives you a breather. I prefer processing applications
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Department of Communities and Justice?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities and Justice. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4