Department of Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Department of Communities reviews

Department of Communities

Department of Communities Employee Review

Great work place

Workplace in cairns, Australia. This was working for the Government and requires relevant university degree (social work, psychology etc). management was fantastic.

Same role

Great team environment and very supportive

The opportunity to work alongside at risk children and families and strive to provide a better life outcome for all. Investigation and assessment to assess the strengths and needs of children and families.

Pros

Engaging with families and seeing positive outcomes

Same roleSame location

A job with very high case loads

This was a front line job that was very demanding with high case loads of 30 to 34 cases at the time. There was a very high staff turnover due to the high complex case loads and also the confronting nature of front line experiences. The job was very statutory in nature due to our legislative requirements. It also involves reunifying children with their parents when they make good progress with the prescribed case plans set for them.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

high case loadss
Same location

Different work locations, great to work for, friendly & helpful staff

My role was to train staff to enter information on the data base for disaster recovery, once this was completed I then went on to the role of Client Liaison Officer to assist clients with their needs. I employed staff from the local Labour Hire company's and always had plenty of assistance & support from Management. The hardest part of the job was leaving once my contract was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was "The Job".

Pros

Working in different locations in QLD

Cons

Not a permanent position, Contract only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Communities