Department of Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Communities Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

3.5Work–Life Balance

Very competitive

It was very complex and very interesting applications, but the Business Analysts were very helpful. Documentation was adequate for the New CR's but the existing systems had no documentations, made it hard to understand the current systems.

alright

Depending on the roles you are in, there are some very supportive supervisors and mentors whilst not so the case in other positions. A majority, the workers are efficient and friendly.

Good pay, poor workplace

The pay/salary/benefits were very good as it was a qualified position, but the work/life balance required for the job was very taxing. In addition, management were difficult to contact and deal with, nepotism was rife, and the work was demanding in every possible way. Not for the faint of heart.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

nepotism, soul crushing work

Complex, rewarding work that stretches my skills to their limits and beyond into new learnings very often.

An excellent department provides important social services to people with disabilities and children at risk. Offers various roles, a service-oriented philosophy and interesting client base. Offers opportunities to negotiate favourable client outcomes, work collaboratively in trans-disciplinary teams and form partnerships with other services.

Pros

Work I love.

Cons

Disability Services division of my org will cease in July 2018, and its functions will be provided by the NDIS.

A friendly atmosphere and great people to work with.

Good all round place to work. Every day is always different especially when an event is on. It can be a fast paced environment during a disaster which is very rewarding.

Very supportive environment.

Can be very intensive due to complex support needs of the clients I have been working with. Very supportive team with a lot of expertise and knowledge.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Long drive to visit clients

complex job in a challenging environment

Everyday was as different as the clients we dealt with. Primarily the job was about ensuring that clients got the right service at the right time. it was sometimes difficult and challenging but very rewarding.

Pros

great staff

Cons

sometimes insufficient resources to met individual need

Enjoyed job, great team

Team leader was fair and very supportive, Great place for continuous learning and was lucky to be part of a very productive team

Great place to work with good team members. Flexible and friendly environment.

I get motivated working with good team members. They were fun to work with. I learned a lot working with them and they with me. Hard work became easier as a team. I enjoyed planning and coordinating the catering for team meeting.

Assist Regional Directors and Senior Officers all round administration support

Friendly and supportive staff Manage electronic diaries for senior staff report on financial and human resource positions against the supplied budget for each team.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Department of Communities?

A rewarding place to work, knowing you have made a difference to someones life.

A typical day started with checking mailboxes, processing and acquitting expenditure against client individual service plans. Updating data in the relevant data bases and advising management of the progress.I learned different skills each day and more effective and time efficient ways of performing tasks.Management were always there to support and advise staff. They were easy to approach if there was a problem.My co-workers were one of the most enjoyable parts of the job and we all worked together as a successful team in a busy environment, always getting our work done within the tight time-frames.My co-workers made it a more pleasurable environment to work.The hardest part of the job was knowing there was only a certain amount of funding to help so many needy people in the community.

Pros

work/life balance, very family oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Communities