Department of Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Communities Employee Reviews for Administrative Officer

3.5Work–Life Balance

Could be great if the middle management would allow others to do their job without too much interfering

The clients were great, the carers were great but middle management were a pain in the side of anyone wanting to do better, Top management was fantastic but stuck with fools to work with.

Being able to make a differnce

Working with the Household Resilience Program meant that I helped make a difference to the lives of low income earners in Cyclone affected areas of QLD

Diversional Therapy for adults with intellectual disability

A fantastic job. A fantastic team. Rostering clients on a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis to ensure they had quality of life. Going out for lunches, swimming, visiting family, bowling and many other activities were on offer for each client. None of the clients could look after themselves for more than an hour or so, so it was rewarding to be able to organize an activity they enjoyed and let them go do it on their own, with the least amount of supervision required.

Pros

Working in a team with like mindedness

Cons

Dealing with management

Great team environment and supportive staff

I am looking for a challenging role in which I utilise all the skills I have obtained over the years. I enjoy working in a changing and evolving workplace, where one day is different to the next. Where there are opportunities to learn new skills and advance in the organisation.

Great place to work with good team members. Flexible and friendly environment.

I get motivated working with good team members. They were fun to work with. I learned a lot working with them and they with me. Hard work became easier as a team. I enjoyed planning and coordinating the catering for team meeting.

A rewarding place to work, knowing you have made a difference to someones life.

A typical day started with checking mailboxes, processing and acquitting expenditure against client individual service plans. Updating data in the relevant data bases and advising management of the progress.I learned different skills each day and more effective and time efficient ways of performing tasks.Management were always there to support and advise staff. They were easy to approach if there was a problem.My co-workers were one of the most enjoyable parts of the job and we all worked together as a successful team in a busy environment, always getting our work done within the tight time-frames.My co-workers made it a more pleasurable environment to work.The hardest part of the job was knowing there was only a certain amount of funding to help so many needy people in the community.

Pros

work/life balance, very family oriented

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Department of Communities?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Communities