Department of Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Communities Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
2.9Job Security & Advancement

Extremely rewarding position

Although I wasn't with Child Safety for very long I enjoyed my role at the Caboolture office. Due to my training in previous roles I was given extra tasks and was looked highly upon by my peers.

Top heavy organisation

Extremely disappointed working under multiple levels of tired and resentful middle management holding onto permanent positions awaiting retirement. Corporate restructure saw respected, well educated and experienced staff lost to voluntary redundancies and positions safest within lower management held by those most willing to cut meagre budgets, force redundancies and merge teams. Following mothers death, received phone call from disengaged program manager to be told that two days are granted as paid bereavement leave but any more time taken will require an application to receive unpaid leave. Returned to dying bunch of petrol station flowers on desk.

Pros

Fantastic colleagues

Cons

Toxic workplace lacking leadership

good and challenging and innovative place to work.

good and challenging and innovative place to work. supportive culture. However, NDIS impacts caused recruitment problems for non affected persons wanting to apply.

Pros

Challenging interesting work

Cons

NDIS impacts on staffing

Great culture, friendly staff and good work-life balance. Management listens to advice and acceptable to change. Hardest part of the job is when some end-users require additional support which can take almost an hour to guide them on the phone. But overall I totally enjoyed working there and help where I can.

Pros

Friendly staff and good work-life balance.

Cons

Great team environment and supportive staff

I am looking for a challenging role in which I utilise all the skills I have obtained over the years. I enjoy working in a changing and evolving workplace, where one day is different to the next. Where there are opportunities to learn new skills and advance in the organisation.

productive, supportive, opputunities

Have really enjoyed my work life with the Department although challenging at times but creates great opportunities.

Productive workplace

Room for advancement, Good work Life balance, great colleagues.

Pros

reasonable hours

Cons

have to supply own coffee and tea

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Communities
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?