Department of Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Communities Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.9Pay & Benefits

A friendly atmosphere and great people to work with.

Good all round place to work. Every day is always different especially when an event is on. It can be a fast paced environment during a disaster which is very rewarding.

good and challenging and innovative place to work.

good and challenging and innovative place to work. supportive culture. However, NDIS impacts caused recruitment problems for non affected persons wanting to apply.

Pros

Challenging interesting work

Cons

NDIS impacts on staffing

Going through major restruture

This department is undergoing major transformational change, downsizing and disruption. Department is struggling to find it's purpose / direction during this change.

Great culture, friendly staff and good work-life balance. Management listens to advice and acceptable to change. Hardest part of the job is when some end-users require additional support which can take almost an hour to guide them on the phone. But overall I totally enjoyed working there and help where I can.

Pros

Friendly staff and good work-life balance.

Good pay, poor workplace

The pay/salary/benefits were very good as it was a qualified position, but the work/life balance required for the job was very taxing. In addition, management were difficult to contact and deal with, nepotism was rife, and the work was demanding in every possible way. Not for the faint of heart.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

nepotism, soul crushing work

Great team environment and very supportive

The opportunity to work alongside at risk children and families and strive to provide a better life outcome for all. Investigation and assessment to assess the strengths and needs of children and families.

Pros

Engaging with families and seeing positive outcomes

pro's and con's

I believe Iworked well with in the team and alone. Found the employer hard to approach, enjoyed helping families.

Supporting vulnerable people in the community.

Vulnerable people need timely supports & freely given relationships that are positive & life enriching. All too often the service system can make people more vulnerable through ill written policies or not having positive expectations of people.

N/a

it was busy. i learned a lot especially working with a different range of clients. I got along well with my co-workers including management. having to make hard decisions or being left out of the decision making process. Getting to do different things everyday and always working with different people that includes clients and stakeholders.

Great team environment and supportive staff

I am looking for a challenging role in which I utilise all the skills I have obtained over the years. I enjoy working in a changing and evolving workplace, where one day is different to the next. Where there are opportunities to learn new skills and advance in the organisation.

Jobs at Department of Communities

See more jobs

productive, supportive, opputunities

Have really enjoyed my work life with the Department although challenging at times but creates great opportunities.

A rewarding place to work, knowing you have made a difference to someones life.

A typical day started with checking mailboxes, processing and acquitting expenditure against client individual service plans. Updating data in the relevant data bases and advising management of the progress.I learned different skills each day and more effective and time efficient ways of performing tasks.Management were always there to support and advise staff. They were easy to approach if there was a problem.My co-workers were one of the most enjoyable parts of the job and we all worked together as a successful team in a busy environment, always getting our work done within the tight time-frames.My co-workers made it a more pleasurable environment to work.The hardest part of the job was knowing there was only a certain amount of funding to help so many needy people in the community.

Pros

work/life balance, very family oriented

Productive workplace

Room for advancement, Good work Life balance, great colleagues.

Pros

reasonable hours

Cons

have to supply own coffee and tea

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Communities
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?