Department of Health and Human Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Disability Support Officer (Current Employee) –  North Melbourne VIC12 May 2017
Enjoyed every bit of time spent working here. Staff are very polite and helpful. The help provide constant training to ensure staff have sufficient assistance to carry out their job effectively
caring, challenging and fun workplace
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Australia4 January 2017
I had a great time working with the department of human services. They provided regular training refreshers and safe work environments with capable and caring staff. The client and staff needs were considered a priority and business was conducted on a swift and respectful manner.
Cooperative, friendly place
Client Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnie TAS29 March 2016
Day held its challenges that was good as it kept us all working as a team
Management were very good and friendly; lots of my managers have become personal friends
I loved working with my co-workers and again most of them have become personal friends
The hardest part of the job was the frustration caused by not being informed of critical information when required
most enjoyable part of my job was the appreciation received from co-workers, managers and clients
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Repetitive
A fun and fast paced workplaced
Advanced Child Protection Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia26 September 2015
My workplace was fun although fast paced. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with families, supporting and empowering parents to engage in the process of change and maintain change for the best interests of their children. During this period I have achieved successful reunification of children with their families. It is a challenging and rewarding job and I enjoy working with my clients and colleagues.