Department of Health and Human Services Employee Reviews

The work is hard but satisfying.
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC12 July 2017
I get a lot of satisfaction doing the work that I do. I learn from my clients and from a great team. Needing input and getting things done from management can be the hardest part of the job.

A typical day is organisation, providing care, providing intellectual supports, and physical supports / encouragement / inclusiveness in the community / teaching new skills / listening.

Through education and resilience the workplace culture is changing, albeit slowly, but I am uplifted by the changes throughout in regards to bullying, shifts being offered, how the staff is treated by all throughout, it has improved.

The most enjoyable part of this Job is the clients being happy, using their skills and learning more, their smiles, laughter and interaction with their friends, families and community.
Pros
visiting Melbournes' parks, cinemas, beaches, etc
Cons
lack of benefits, salary sacrifice options.
Disability Support Officer (Current Employee) –  North Melbourne VIC12 May 2017
Enjoyed every bit of time spent working here. Staff are very polite and helpful. The help provide constant training to ensure staff have sufficient assistance to carry out their job effectively
caring, challenging and fun workplace
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Australia4 January 2017
I had a great time working with the department of human services. They provided regular training refreshers and safe work environments with capable and caring staff. The client and staff needs were considered a priority and business was conducted on a swift and respectful manner.
Cooperative, friendly place
Client Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnie TAS29 March 2016
Day held its challenges that was good as it kept us all working as a team
Management were very good and friendly; lots of my managers have become personal friends
I loved working with my co-workers and again most of them have become personal friends
The hardest part of the job was the frustration caused by not being informed of critical information when required
most enjoyable part of my job was the appreciation received from co-workers, managers and clients
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Repetitive
A fun and fast paced workplaced
Advanced Child Protection Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia26 September 2015
My workplace was fun although fast paced. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with families, supporting and empowering parents to engage in the process of change and maintain change for the best interests of their children. During this period I have achieved successful reunification of children with their families. It is a challenging and rewarding job and I enjoy working with my clients and colleagues.