Department Of Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
my experience at the department of health is very good
The permanent staff are willing to assist with training in most areas that I worked. I was treated fairly and enjoyed working short term with this department.
Terribly disorganised and discriminative
Terrible workforce culture. Competitive. Not supportive. Discriminitive. poorly managed. GR8 team though of very hard working people, mostly with English as 2nd language her passionate about their job but not appreciated.
One of the best government sites to work for,
The team at NICNAS consists of 100+ PhD Chemistry Scientists. Great team to work with. Very low level of work politics.

Comfortable and relaxed work environment. Good reward and recognition culture.
Will never work for Department of Health again
Poor management, no job guidelines, no training of management on employee relations and health and safety. Poor records training and did not meet Records Act requirements.
Had a bad experience with a newly trained nurse interfering with office procedure.
Pleasant Experience
I was very happy working i several areas of health and found the team work and collaboration was great. I would like to have worked there longer than I did but work was limited.
Was a good experience
I had the opportunity to work with different divisions with various roles. I worked in city, casuarina and RDH.
Always a very busy environment otherwise was a good experience.
Pros
public holiday on christmas day
Cons
too much work load but manageable
Great employer
Supportive employer with benefits for health and well being. Career progression and opportunities provided. Relocated from East Perth to Osborne Park.
A nice place for Federal Government
Department of Health really do have the care factor. Management try to remember everyone's name and where they fit in the organisation. They celebrate many things with a genuine approach and really are mindful to be positive.
Pros
Caring Culture
Cons
Parking
Not too bad
When there is work to do, it is often interesting. Sometimes there was a lack of work however. Overall it was generally interesting work and the people there were nice too.
Very busy working environment
A typical day's work includes sorting out the incoming and outgoing mails, attending reception duties, processing invoices, credit card reconciliation, data entry, etc.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
A wonderful place to work
Best job ever, great team, committed to excellence, open to new ideas, creative, innovative and always keen to go that extra bit to get things done so it is simply awesome
Very family friendly
Working for health has given a great work life balance. I have been able to work independently and also have input in team discussions. I enjoy helping and support others and I have been able to in this position. Management staff are very supportive.
Pros
Good pay and conditions.
Cons
Can be repetitive
Typical public sector agency. Lots of travel throughout regional WA.
Investigation of suspected misconduct by staff employed in the Health Department. Travelled around the state and visited many hospitals and nursing posts in WA. Great experience meeting and interacting with new people.
Pros
Travel and meeting people.
Cons
Investigation of employees with a dependence on drugs and alcohol.
Secure Employment
There is no such thing as a typical day.

Gaining an understanding of Facilities Management at a large Tertiary Hospital has been enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is the constant bureaucracy.
Pros
Learnings
Cons
bureaucracy
Where it all happens for Australian Government, Health Policy and Compliance
Every day I focus on our statutory function of devising and implementing measures to prevent or detect contraventions of Part VII of the National Health Act or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Regulations. This includes conducting Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) compliance activities AND adding value to the areas of PBS education, advice, risk identification, strategy planning, claims analysis, audit implementation and major PBS investigations.
Nice people and nice management
Department of Families provides me the opportunity to work in government. Being with this people and management makes me feel welcome.
Very supportive SES officers across every Division
Interesting culture in the workplace. Very supportive SES in every Division. The Secretary of the Department is very approachable and easy to get along with and listens.
So many locations to work from and so many new things to learn. The people are lovely too, Thank you Dental Health Services for the time I had with you!
Totally enjoyed all aspects of my job
Organising high volumes of paperwork and entering information into a database. I learned to be appreciated for the work I was performing. Management was kind and professional. Co-workers were easy going and efficient. Hardest part of my job was leaving. Most enjoyable part of my job was being at work with great colleagues
Pros
Variation
Cons
Leaving
Varied and no one day is the same
The day can vary based on if you are about to work in the remote community. If that is the case time spent getting resources ready, contacting communities, writing reports, attending meetings.
May attend the hospital as one of your clients might be in hospital to check on them and see how they are progressing.
Productive a real enthusiastic enviroment to work in
To ensure compliance is adhered to. Leaning about how Government Functions and its effects it has on the general public. A diverse team that are supportive and encouraging in all aspects of the role.
Pros
fun, diverse, supportive, encouraging, knowledgeable
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Health. Our community is ready to answer.