Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 1,507 reviews
A wonderful place to work
Project Manager Events (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT2 June 2018
Best job ever, great team, committed to excellence, open to new ideas, creative, innovative and always keen to go that extra bit to get things done so it is simply awesome
Very family friendly
Development Officer- APS 6 (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT23 October 2017
Working for health has given a great work life balance. I have been able to work independently and also have input in team discussions. I enjoy helping and support others and I have been able to in this position. Management staff are very supportive.
Pros
Good pay and conditions.
Cons
Can be repetitive
Typical public sector agency. Lots of travel throughout regional WA.
Senior Investigator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 October 2017
Investigation of suspected misconduct by staff employed in the Health Department. Travelled around the state and visited many hospitals and nursing posts in WA. Great experience meeting and interacting with new people.
Pros
Travel and meeting people.
Cons
Investigation of employees with a dependence on drugs and alcohol.
Secure Employment
Product & Works Senior Contract Manager - NMHS (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 August 2017
There is no such thing as a typical day.

Gaining an understanding of Facilities Management at a large Tertiary Hospital has been enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is the constant bureaucracy.
Pros
Learnings
Cons
bureaucracy
Where it all happens for Australian Government, Health Policy and Compliance
Senior Compliance Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW11 April 2017
Every day I focus on our statutory function of devising and implementing measures to prevent or detect contraventions of Part VII of the National Health Act or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Regulations. This includes conducting Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) compliance activities AND adding value to the areas of PBS education, advice, risk identification, strategy planning, claims analysis, audit implementation and major PBS investigations.
Nice people and nice management
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT15 February 2017
Department of Families provides me the opportunity to work in government. Being with this people and management makes me feel welcome.
Very supportive SES officers across every Division
EDRMS Take-Up and Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Woden,ACT5 October 2016
Interesting culture in the workplace. Very supportive SES in every Division. The Secretary of the Department is very approachable and easy to get along with and listens.
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kununurra WA15 September 2016
So many locations to work from and so many new things to learn. The people are lovely too, Thank you Dental Health Services for the time I had with you!
Totally enjoyed all aspects of my job
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT17 August 2016
Organising high volumes of paperwork and entering information into a database. I learned to be appreciated for the work I was performing. Management was kind and professional. Co-workers were easy going and efficient. Hardest part of my job was leaving. Most enjoyable part of my job was being at work with great colleagues
Pros
Variation
Cons
Leaving
Varied and no one day is the same
Child Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nhulunbuy, NT29 January 2016
The day can vary based on if you are about to work in the remote community. If that is the case time spent getting resources ready, contacting communities, writing reports, attending meetings.
May attend the hospital as one of your clients might be in hospital to check on them and see how they are progressing.
Productive a real enthusiastic enviroment to work in
Compliance/Debt Recovery Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW21 January 2016
To ensure compliance is adhered to. Leaning about how Government Functions and its effects it has on the general public. A diverse team that are supportive and encouraging in all aspects of the role.
Pros
fun, diverse, supportive, encouraging, knowledgeable
Cons
Undergoing extensive policy and process review.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA29 October 2015
There have been several changes of senior management during the course of the project.

A complex project with many challenges.

The project team are a professional and motivated group of people, remarkable energy levels sustained in part by the end goal of a new and wonderful children's hospital.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Little scope for business promotion when employed in project work.
Productive workplace and great work-life balance
Planning Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD1 July 2015
Productive workplace and great work-life balance. Great opportunities, benefits, salary and the ability to acquire many different skills.
A friendly, caring environment for clients.
A/Psolis Officer (Former Employee) –  Joondalup, Perth WA20 April 2015
Each day would bring a different challenge and when I picked up the phone I never knew what that call might bring. I learned how to listen, be patient and not to take insults personally given the nature of the mental health environment. Referrals came in to the clinic on an hourly, daily basis and it was part of my job to get them to the correct Duty Officer as promptly as possible using the correct procedure. Emergencies were a common occurrence and it was important to follow the clinics policies and procedures for the best outcome for the client.
The hardest part of my job was to see a client who I had built up a rapport with become unwell and deteriorate. Getting a smile from a client was very rewarding and probably the best part of my job.
Pros
The clinic was located close to my home.
Cons
No job security.
I work primarly with dusabled patients
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Royal Perth Hospital12 April 2015
My substantive position was very routine at the Royal Perth Rehabilitation Hospital .I was required to be one week in advance with distributing menus collecting and collating , and bulk food ordering from the cook -chill supplier. I supervised the Food Service Attendants, in the plating of special textured meals ,insuring accuracy and presentation, food safety, and efficient delivery of the meals
the most enjoyable part of the job was watching very disabled people improve and return to society.
Pros
Job security and salary packaging
Great Culture
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Mandurah, WA9 April 2015
Multi-disciplinary team environment. Great workplace. Friendly and supportive team members. Support is provided by senior staff if and when required.
Productive and easy going work place
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Darwin, NT11 March 2015
each day is filled with different challenges
learnt that things take time
making sure that each day is well organised for the next day
Overall job satifaction including colleagues.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT12 November 2014
Starting in the morning with a smile, working in collaboration with your immediate colleagues and management and taking part in professional development, The hardest part and the one least liked part of the work is dealing with difficult clients. The most enjoyable part of work is: the feeling of a very productive work week on Fridays and knowing you have a week-end ahead of me
Pros
Time to socialising with colleagues and an opportunity to develop your knoledge in the work-place.
Cons
Certaintely bulling and bad environment in the work-place.
Dedicated to my work. Loyal and honest
Technical Adviser (Current Employee) –  Port Moresby10 April 2014
Every day I go to work (Monday - Friday) and leared alot about the job which I am currently on as it is a very challenging job. My job involve travelling and this inspired me to understand the vision and mission of the organization.

The management of the department is good as they are good leaders who can think and make decision.

My coworkers are good and we all work together to achieve our goals.

I have no hardest part of my job as it is my field. I am always keen to work as a tea girl or cleaner when I see my office dirty.

I enjoy working with consultants as they bring in new ideas and also enjoy travelling as I learned alot from the rural than the city.
Pros
lunch
Cons
8 hours a day