Department Of Health

30: Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,775 reviews

my experience at the department of health is very good

The permanent staff are willing to assist with training in most areas that I worked. I was treated fairly and enjoyed working short term with this department.

Professional

A rewarding workplace staffed by considerate educated staff with goals in mind. Work life balance and health of staff is paramount. Accessibility of supervisors is appropriate. The overall support of colleagues in achieving desired goals and outcomes was appreciated.

Terribly disorganised and discriminative

Terrible workforce culture. Competitive. Not supportive. Discriminitive. poorly managed. GR8 team though of very hard working people, mostly with English as 2nd language her passionate about their job but not appreciated.

One of the best government sites to work for,

The team at NICNAS consists of 100+ PhD Chemistry Scientists. Great team to work with. Very low level of work politics. Comfortable and relaxed work environment. Good reward and recognition culture.

Will never work for Department of Health again

Poor management, no job guidelines, no training of management on employee relations and health and safety. Poor records training and did not meet Records Act requirements. Had a bad experience with a newly trained nurse interfering with office procedure.

Pleasant Experience

I was very happy working i several areas of health and found the team work and collaboration was great. I would like to have worked there longer than I did but work was limited.

Was a good experience

I had the opportunity to work with different divisions with various roles. I worked in city, casuarina and RDH. Always a very busy environment otherwise was a good experience.

Pros

public holiday on christmas day

Cons

too much work load but manageable

Great employer

Supportive employer with benefits for health and well being. Career progression and opportunities provided. Relocated from East Perth to Osborne Park.

A nice place for Federal Government

Department of Health really do have the care factor. Management try to remember everyone's name and where they fit in the organisation. They celebrate many things with a genuine approach and really are mindful to be positive.

Pros

Caring Culture

Cons

Parking

Not too bad

When there is work to do, it is often interesting. Sometimes there was a lack of work however. Overall it was generally interesting work and the people there were nice too.

Very busy working environment

A typical day's work includes sorting out the incoming and outgoing mails, attending reception duties, processing invoices, credit card reconciliation, data entry, etc.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

A wonderful place to work

Best job ever, great team, committed to excellence, open to new ideas, creative, innovative and always keen to go that extra bit to get things done so it is simply awesome

Very family friendly

Working for health has given a great work life balance. I have been able to work independently and also have input in team discussions. I enjoy helping and support others and I have been able to in this position. Management staff are very supportive.

Pros

Good pay and conditions.

Cons

Can be repetitive

Typical public sector agency. Lots of travel throughout regional WA.

Investigation of suspected misconduct by staff employed in the Health Department. Travelled around the state and visited many hospitals and nursing posts in WA. Great experience meeting and interacting with new people.

Pros

Travel and meeting people.

Cons

Investigation of employees with a dependence on drugs and alcohol.

Secure Employment

There is no such thing as a typical day. Gaining an understanding of Facilities Management at a large Tertiary Hospital has been enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is the constant bureaucracy.

Pros

Learnings

Cons

bureaucracy

Where it all happens for Australian Government, Health Policy and Compliance

Every day I focus on our statutory function of devising and implementing measures to prevent or detect contraventions of Part VII of the National Health Act or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Regulations. This includes conducting Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) compliance activities AND adding value to the areas of PBS education, advice, risk identification, strategy planning, claims analysis, audit implementation and major PBS investigations.

Nice people and nice management

Department of Families provides me the opportunity to work in government. Being with this people and management makes me feel welcome.

Very supportive SES officers across every Division

Interesting culture in the workplace. Very supportive SES in every Division. The Secretary of the Department is very approachable and easy to get along with and listens.

So many locations to work from and so many new things to learn. The people are lovely too, Thank you Dental Health Services for the time I had with you!

Totally enjoyed all aspects of my job

Organising high volumes of paperwork and entering information into a database. I learned to be appreciated for the work I was performing. Management was kind and professional. Co-workers were easy going and efficient. Hardest part of my job was leaving. Most enjoyable part of my job was being at work with great colleagues

Pros

Variation

Cons

Leaving

Varied and no one day is the same

The day can vary based on if you are about to work in the remote community. If that is the case time spent getting resources ready, contacting communities, writing reports, attending meetings. May attend the hospital as one of your clients might be in hospital to check on them and see how they are progressing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department Of Health