Department of Justice and Community Safety
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Department of Justice and Community Safety reviews

Department of Justice and Community Safety

Department of Justice and Community Safety Employee Review

Really good department to work for

- Always flexible with working hours, working from home and when needing to take leave. - I found HR supportive and the department very culturally inclusive which I loved. - If you are on fixed term it is hard to secure an ongoing position without having to go through a panel interview, even if you are already working in the position

Same location

Too many casualisation of positions even though this is a public service entity

Too many casualisation of positions even though this is a public service entity that should be setting example for private companies. Short term contracts means that you are constantly stressed psychologically due to job insecurity.

Pros

Generally nice work culture and generous annual and sick leaves

Cons

High turnover in vacancy means team growth and bonding are frequently disrupted, which leads to stress/overwork for employees as vacant positions are not filled on time

not now

not now. I will provide an assessment in future. There has been a period of transformation occurring in the department. When things settle, I will provide a review.
Same location

Constant bullying and toxic work culture.

I worked at Corrections Victoria, Forensic Intervention Service and used to be called Specialised Offender Assessment and Treatment Service. The management there are bully and unfriendly. You wont have a say at work and they constantly make threat to put you under performance if you cannot make 100% KPI. Some seniors there have been there for so long and they lost their passion. When you ask them questions, they would just ignore you. Worst place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Justice and Community Safety. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question