Department of Premier and Cabinet Employee Reviews

Travel booking for my manager
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 February 2019
one time when I was working in my previous role as a Project Officer, I acted as an Executive Assistant for a week while the Executive Assistant was away sick.
My manager asked me to help book a flight for her as she had to attend a meeting in Adelaide.
I never learned how to book travel for someone before so I took the opportunity to give it a go as I had the I can do attitude.
I called up the travel agency and asked for flights that are available and then gave the information to my manager and asked her what time and date she needed to travel so I can book a flight.
Once I had all the information I needed and confirmed my manager the flights that are available and got her to pick the flight that she prefered to go with.
I emailed the flight agency and gave them all the details that my manager gave me:
* Time
* Datte
* Desination
* and return date and time.

I felt very proud of myself as this was my first time, I noted everything down into a notebook so if I need to do this for someone else I know what to do.

I loved working for this company I felt very welcomed and we all treated each other like a work family which was nice and it made me want to come to work instead of a negative thought about going to work.
Provided good training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 May 2017
DPC provided me with invaluable training opportunity and expanded my skill set.

Working in Ministerial offices and at Parliament House allowed me to gain a good understanding of Cabinet and Parliamentary processes.
Exciting, challenging workplace
Policy Adviser (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 January 2017
Excellent workplace and fantastic opportunities to expand expertise and knowledge across diverse portfolios. Opportunities to work with officers at all levels - from CEO to assistant - across all government agencies in WA and interstate, including the Commonwealth Government, and within the not - for - profit sector to seek input into and feedback on government policy decisions, to manage policy development, implementation and evaluation. Tremendous opportunities for innovation
Pros
Responsibility, intellectual challenges
Cons
Long hours and tight deadlines
Good Workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 February 2016
Job isnt not big on indigenous development, when the main focus is indigenous development and land management. Good workplace but needs a revisit regarding roles
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Busy government advertising agency.
Business Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW30 July 2015
I am currently gaining advertising and government experience including Ministerials, Briefs, Objective workflow systems and enjoy working with the busy team of advertising professionals, graphics and design staff.
There is a good work/life balance among the team and excellent collaboration on projects.
Pros
Work/life balance
The Colour Me Brisbane Carnival was a great success in terms of artistic contact, participatory experience and audience experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD8 March 2015
This program is the first of it's kind in the world to promote positivity in the atmosphere that G20 summits usually brings to each country. The Department of Premier and Cabinet encouraged a sense of community thru cultural celebrations, that is, Colour Me Brisbane Carnival that carried over 24 days with free activities for the people of Brisbane and it's international visitors.

ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM

▪ Energetic
▪ Inclusive
▪ Diverse

Key Issues:

▪ Interference from DPC senior staff towards talent, that delayed my team from carrying out their responsibilities as per outlined
▪ Unclear structure's roles and responsibilities within the project by senior staff
▪ Unprofessional behaviour by DPC senior staff towards staff onsite;

Enjoyable part of the job:

1. I thrive off the high intensity of the environment that calls for quick-thinking, creative and logical solutions.

2. Confidence in myself and Brisbane's most skilled artists to create shows plus other various forms of entertainment that is of international standard.

3. Observing the joy, laughter and surprised expressions on thousands of people who came thru the George Street and Raddicliffe precinct activation area as they witnessed amazing talent that not only interacted with them, but also stage entertainment.

PROS

My position enabled me to offer local artists the chance to develop in creative and professional terms by working within a large, high profile public
  more... arts initiative  less
Cons
Much overtime due to myself being perfectionist in the delivery of such an event. Unpaid.
Working within Protocol and Special Events
Administration Project Officer and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sydney New South Wales16 June 2014
co-ordinate functions on the Premier's behalf and looking after guests of the government who are visitors to the State of New South Wales.
Pros
Satisfaction in the successful completion of events