Department of Social Services Employee Reviews

The day l attended the Women's Day Commemorations
Intern Probation Social Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Masvingo5 September 2018
I was part of the organizing team of the Women's Day Commemorations. The idea of hosting this event was to increase women visibility and participation in matter that affect them.The commemorations were held in a remote rural setting because most rural women in our country do not know their rights as women.
That day l learnt that most women in rural areas lack empowerment opportunities.
As the organizing team of the event, we managed to give each other turns to present to the public. We hard a strong team spirit and we related with each other very well.

Lack of resources to give to the public was a major challenge we encountered since currently in our country we are facing some economic hardships.

I enjoyed talking to community members and sharing views with them .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shortage of resources such as insufficient ICT materials
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis tableNice place with lovely people.
Coordinator for the Home & Community Care (Former Employee) –  Thursday Island QLD4 April 2017
A typical day for me is to test water samples, look after sanitation services, and network with other councils in the area, and provide support to the rest of the team members. The workplace culture is fine and the hardest part of the job is system failures, but the most enjoyable part is the feeling i get at the end of the day when you can see your efforts have paid off for the community.
CRM Solution Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canberra, Australia9 January 2017
Excellent government department to work with . Management always look after their employees. They offered lot of training and support. Diverse culture. Very helpful management.