Dermalogica Employee Reviews

A Company that cares about you
Retail Educator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 June 2019
Great company to work for . They treat you like family. They give you the tools you need to make your job easier . The pay is fair and usually the managers are nice people that listen to you .
Pros
Good hours, great management
Cons
Work weekend
touchy feely
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen20 May 2019
touchy feely place to work.
ultra micro management - CRM, diary, phone calls all must be in perfect sync.
not really an ability to think outside box to grow business
Pros
product allowance
great company
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN17 April 2019
Derm is a fantastic place to work.. The management is supportive. Had I not had to relocate I would have gladly spent many years with them. Was lucky to have had the experience
Pros
Work/Life, supportive management
Cons
health plan
Great place to work!
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA21 March 2019
I loved working there. The people are so nice. It is a great work environment. They treat their employee's with respect.
They have a lot of added perks like free products, free massages and free Ice Cream. Senior management is very involved in all processes. The products are great. It is a great place to work.
very happy
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madrid, Madrid provincia23 October 2018
I love the brand the results, the philosophy, the give you lots oportunities to improve yourself
Productively
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL15 August 2018
The company was really great as far as with keeping up fashion and skin care. I love working with the public and doing facials and teaching public about skincare.
Amazing brand and products
HEAD OF SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 August 2018
The brand it self is amazing as are many of the people that work there.

Its an exciting channel to work in with highly competitive brands fighting for the same space
Dermalogica casual
General work (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 July 2018
At dermalogica staff are friendly ,let you feel welcome
Positive energy everyone love there job
The hours are good
When done working you have a lot of free time
To learn more about the products
Pros
Friendly staff long lunches
Cons
Little work to do than sit and wait for home time
Assistant manager lacks good management
Part Time General Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weybridge2 April 2018
Not very good management.
Not appreciated enough
Not giving more opportunity
Just would like them to recognise my skills I have and let me use it at the work place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
to get somewhere in the company you have to work fulltime
great products
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA4 March 2018
It was been a long time that i worked at Dermalogica. The products were great the CEO really believe in her company. Town halls meetings were a great opportunity to learn about the company.
Great Integrity, excellent company to represent.
RETAIL ACCOUNTANT AND EDUCATION (Former Employee) –  Chicago Far West26 January 2018
Liked the management and education team. Challenges came up with accounts we worked with at times. Great balance of retail, education, and coaching. Realistic goals.
Pros
Bonus plan
Cons
Part-time and difficult to get to full-time
brilliant place to work
Training Specialist - Instructor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 January 2018
such a lovely place to work. the staff are all friendly and welcoming. the training is outstanding. all in all the best job I have ever had. I would defiantly work here again if a job were to arise.
Great company/Great product
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, SOUTH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 November 2017
Great cutting edge professional skincare brand. Representing a known product that is continuously updating products and staying on trend. Very generous with free product to make you a product junkie!
Pros
Great product
Cons
Expérience qui aurait pu être bien plus constructive
Formatrice Animatrice (Former Employee) –  France8 November 2017
Une journée de travail typique : déplacements quotidiens
secteur : moitié de la France
Formation et animation d'instituts de beauté
Accompagnement commercial

Opportunités de développement : manque de visibilité sur le développement de la marque

Aspect le plus difficile du poste : devoir faire face aux conséquences du discours mass market de la direction pour des clients artisans-commerçants

Aspect le plus agréable du poste : Clientèle
Pros
Clientèle, secteur, efficacité des produits, développement de potentiels
Cons
Salaire, management scolaire et infantilisant, manque de structure et réactivité, demande d'effectuer des tâches qui ne correspondaient pas à mon poste, dire et redire, faire et refaire
Valued Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA2 November 2017
I learned to be part of a startup companies vision and dreams to help the company grow by having integrity not just with the name brand Dermalogica, but how important our customers are no matter how small your business is you are to treat them with respect as they are a valued part of your business without these small entrepreneurs, who believed in the brand there would not be a successful private company sold to a larger corporate that can only cares about money and not the accounts who made Dermalogica the company it is today.
Pros
Allocations Free Products
Cons
Bad Management Lack of Leadership
great progression
Training Specialist/ Professional Skin Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire19 September 2017
Amazing training throughout career!
It is non stop which i loved, constantly learning and achieving goals.

I have always believed in dermalogica for their beliefs as i trained with them years ago and throughout working for them this shined through even more.

It has helped me excell so much as a therapist, when i started at dermalogica i thought i was a good therapist, i was wrong! Now i know i am a GREAT therapist.

Hardest part for me is balancing my worklife with my home life. i have 2 small children and suffer with depression and anxiety. Started to find it was a little too much for me.
Pros
training and education
Productive and fast pace always something new happening
Education Registrar (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA13 September 2017
I learned plenty in regards to working face to face with clients and students, as well as working closely with my team.
I had the opportunity to attend customer service as well as additional workshops.
Pros
product allocation, fitness classes
Cons
short breaks, not many openings for growth
Good place to start
Jr. Designer; Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA14 April 2017
Came here as a fledging designer right out of school. Good experience learning on the job soup-to-nuts: print, web, production. Teamwork in in-house environment is cohesive and friendly. Some people find Dermalogica a great place to stay, see long time employees here as well.
Great opportunities and environment
International Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey6 March 2017
I have worked with Dermalogica for the past 13 years, both in roles in the UK and Australia. If you love the brand and believe in the company direction, there are many opportunities for those who show the right skills.
I first heard of the brand when I was working as a skin therapist, and always loved the education they provided. On joining the company, I worked hard in mastering each job that was offered to me, and because of this I have learnt how to be a salon manager, education trainer and operations manager. I now have the best job, working with our International Distributors.
The people who work at Dermalogica are all very passionate about the brand, and therefore remain in the company for a long time. This can mean that it can take some time to progress in your career, but there are opportunities for those who want it.
Pros
Dynamic and ever-changing focus means no 2 days are the same
Cons
The job sometimes demands long hours, but then I enjoy the work, so it's not so bad
Luxury Skin Care Brand
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 February 2017
Luxury skin care brand dedicated to education and the success of the skin therapists.
I enjoyed my relationships with the salon and spa owners. Each owner and manager had a unique approach to the skin care department and were dedicated to the brand.
Pros
Relationships, education, training events, car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dermalogica. Our community is ready to answer.