Design and Build Recruitment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Design and Build Recruitment Pay & Benefits reviews

they have about half the staff from a year ago, all left because of bad management and not a great culture to work in. Poor hiring decisions through covid have made it even a worse place to work with huge reduction in salary. There is hardly anyone left in the Melbourne office, and those that are, are all looking to leave as well. The MD of Design & Build cannot see the wood through the trees, makes bad decisions constantly.It's easy to make yourself look good during the good times and busy markets, however it takes a really good manager to navigate the tough times and this person has failed miserably at every attempt.The PSP brand is good, a nice bunch of people and a decent structure.
Pros
Psp
Cons
the director is driven by his ego and that causes him to make bad decisions
Official response from Design and Build Recruitment
16 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It’s always disappointing to see such negative comments. But feedback is important as it allows us to continue to learn and address any concerns our team have. We wish you every success in your career and if you ever wish to discuss this in person we’d welcome the opportunity.D&B
I came to D&B from a large, global agency and the difference could not be bigger. While you are given full support and ongoing training & development, you are trusted to manage your desk as you see fit. The culture here is one that D&B have spent a lot of time perfecting and you work within a team that genuinely want everyone to succeed. While we have great benefits, quarterly events, high achiever trips away, work/life balance and a handy two hour lunch – for me, it’s the team and the opportunities to grow that keep me here!
I joined Design & Build in 2018 and it’s been such an empowering and supportive environment to be apart of. From management to other consultants, help and support is always there when you need it. When I interviewed with D&B I spoke about the things I wanted to work on/training I needed, D&B listened and provided these opportunities to me! Further to this the culture is great and we get a lot of other amazing benefits. D&B is truly the best place I’ve worked!
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks, gym membership, close to public transport, supportive management and social events.
Cons
Na
I have been with D&B for just over a year now & definitely the best employer I have worked for. They offer all staff every tool needed in order to build and maintain a successful brand. Ongoing training, development & career opportunities are always on offer, with support from managers and senior consultants to develop to be the best consultant within your industry. Everyone at D&B is experienced, knowledgeable and some of the hardest workers I have come across, along with being a fun, easy-going environment to work within. Multiple business events a year to celebrate team successes, monthly drinks, gym memberships and 7 hour work days are just some of the benefits. Overall a great company to be apart of.
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks, Monthly Drinks, Fun company events, Generous leave entitlements
Cons
Hard to think of any....
If you're looking to work with real people without big, swinging ego's then D&B is the place to be for your recruitment career. The benefits are market leading, the workplaces are excellent and your colleagues are professional, respectful and fun to work alongside. You'll have excellent support from management. If you're used to KPI's and managers breathing down your neck, D&B will change your perception of recruitment. You'll be left to work hard and earn money for yourself and the business. You'll be rewarded well financially, but you'll also share group success with the business through multiple events throughout the year and monthly pay-day drinks. After you've shoveled the proverbial at the big agencies and learned the ropes, get in touch with D&B to find out what real recruitment is like.
Pros
2 hour lunch, free gym membership, regular social events, excellent commission structure, market leading presence across their key sectors.
Cons
Hard to think of any
Coming from a big company into a smaller one, you see the difference in how hard D&B consultants work and go out of their way to make sure their candidates are looked after. And also the management look after you and make you feel like part of the team, they don't treat you like you are just a number. Great benefits and a lovely bunch to work for and be recruited by!
Pros
Gym membership, quarterly breakfasts, payday drinks, casual fridays