Deutsche Bank

13: Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,090 reviews

Productive Investment Bank with many talented people.

High performance culture within a typical Investment Banking environment. Not for the faint-hearted. Established many long term friendships and industry contacts.

Lacking Development Opportunities

I felt undervalued and like a number. No options for educational development and globally has a toxic culture that creates underachievement. As a senior person in my field I don't recommend the company, but for graduates starting out it would give them a wide exposure to a broad product range in financial services

wonderful work culture

wonderful experience and great learning.have done end to end client handling and learnt handling market risk by modelling.was responsible for testing and reporting

Efficient and productive place of work

Learnt a lot about the sector that you cover, focusing on providing the best output to the client under a timely manner. Everyone is very supportive and are willing to help each other on their work, they will come over and sit down with you and explain to you how to complete different tasks.

Pros

Fantastic learning experience

Cons

Great team, platform and regional management. Challenging times

My employment contract terms with Deutsche Bank and associated agencies prohibit me from commenting or disclosing information or views relating to my employment with DB. What I can say is that I was very happy at DB. They are a great team of people with a great platform and culture. My local and regional colleagues and managers were great to work with and extremely professional. Unfortunately they had very specific global cost-cutting targets in 2018, and I was one of many locally and globally that they were obliged to let go as part of their mass global retrenchment program.

no salary hike

even though work life balance is good but no money ,alot of duplicate work they give some times ,otherwise its a good learning experienece ,but still depends on your manager

Pros

work life balance

Cons

no salary hike

workplace culture is good with friendly environment

I had an enjoyable years working in this bank. The workplace culture and management were the reason I stayed this long. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you are compensated if you work hard. Though sometimes we work long hours .

Pros

Free daily coffee/biscuits and drinks/nibbles on Fridays

Cons

Sometimes working long hours

Great Company to work for

The organisation values its employees, despite the reputation investment banks hold, I felt supported. The roles provide the right level of challenge and reward.

Pros

Strong reputation

Cons

hours may be longer than a domestic bank

Deutsche Bank is excellent place to work.

Deutsche Bank is really an amazing place to work. Had learned vendor engagement, exhibiting strong negotiation, communication, and analytical skills. Worked projects like vendor transformation, process improvement and cost reduction in infrastructure management and resource management.

Great place to work!

Overall a great place to work. Supportive management and constant ongoing training. Can be busy but that is to be expected with an investment bank.

Pros

Supportive colleagues and management

Fun place to work.

Only worked there for ten weeks. It was a great environment to work. The people were so friendly and make you feel so welcome.

Great bulge bracket experience

Exposure to large transactions Was able to learn from great M&A practitioners

Pros

Deal flow

Cons

A passion to perform - they really mean it!

Deutsche Bank is for those with a competitive spirit and a drive to perform in the professional life. My time there was during the GFC and so it was an incredible learning experience about Investment Banking in a challenging time. As Head of Development for Australia & New Zealand it was exciting to be a part of an organisation that faired well during the GFC and to experience the GFC in a location less impacted. Day to day was full of designing and implementing programs, ensuring staff was continuing to develop and working with highly intelligent, diligent co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Deutsche Bank