Dimension Data
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
Good culture, smart people, good learning environment
Worked here as a solution architect for 6 years. During this time, I learnt alot beause my team , managers and mentors taught me alot. I was very lucky to have a sales mentor, enterprise architect mentor and a fantastic manager for 4 out of the 6 years as an architect. I had an internal promotion after 2 years.
Line management is generally good, but and next level is good. But I've never seen anything done of value by Senior Execs. The cloud business unit was probably the most useless internal mob I ever encountered. They lived in their different world and operated differently.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you got to work with good clients and good interesting projects. When I say good clients, I dont mean ones that price shop you to death or ones that constantly want free consulting.

Workpalce culture was good when I was there. When other architects come to DiData, they learnt alot of new stuff through internal governance and the rigorous planning required ahead of deal submission.
Great place
Contract ended and no alternate contract was offered causing me to find an alternate agency to place me in another contract.
Enjoyed working with dimension data
Job satisfaction
I enjoyed my challenging time at DiData. Great people, great tech and fun to work with.
My boss treated me very well and my sponsors always were engaged with our business outcomes.
Productive and fun place to work. Very flexible, highly professional managers, supportive management.
Honestly working with Dimension Data (now NTT Global) has been a fantastic journey for the last 1.5 years and every month has a new challenge on various projects. Must recommend all new bees and experienced professional if you want to join a large organization with varied technological projects to work on (DD - now NTT)
Very Busy
Lacked in team atmosphere
Mismanaged at top end from higher management

Team lead was fantastic

Learned a lot about excel

Late hours

volatile workload
Pros
Great team lead
Cons
Tense atmosphere
Enjoyable project work but there are management issues!
I enjoyed carrying out the project work, which had me travelling locally to client sites. I was working with remote engineers, some who were in other states/ or even countries, and they were all great to get along with and knowledgeable and helpful. When not carrying out project work, I was in the local office, either preparing for upcoming projects or online training. I was also sent to many vendor training/ and presentations. The other engineers in the office were great to work with, and friendly, so we all frequently spoke to one another while in the office.

There are managerial problems, even to the extent where staff members are bullied.

Working hours became increasingly long, with many out of hours working weekend.

The office is dull, and depressing.

Not enough support is offered to the Engineers, not locally in the office anyway.

Engineers are overworked and over utilised, with very little appreciation for the work that they do.

The office and the work slowly drained the life out of me, and other Engineers!

After leaving the company, I had very little confidence left due to the managements feedback to my work (all of which was praised by the Project Managers!). I have spoken to other Engineers while working for this company, and since leaving, who have all experienced the same. This really needs to be reviewed.
Pros
Great project work, Latest technology exposure, good salary.
Cons
Poor management, bullying, overworked with no appreciation. No work life balance!
Great work culture
I had a really nice internship at Dimension Data and learnt many new skills. Made many friends and new connections. Loved the workplace culture and would love to go back and work here in the future.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Pretty nice place pretty nice people. Seemingly a culture that promotes from within. Good employees and some super talent. Good luck with this company, they have a lot to offer.
Useless Management
Just like any other company, all the managers are useless and do not know what they need to do. If they give employees space to do their own job, that would help.
I have nocomments on this topic
Management, culture and company direction is very very questionable.

Dimension Data provides information technology products and services, such as those for data centers, security, network integration, converged communications or Microsoft support. ... These include: digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud, workspaces for tomorrow, and cybersecurity.
Pros
Great hard working people
Cons
Management, culture and company direction is very very questionable
Very professional organisation, Good work life balance
Enjoyed my time at DD, left to pursue a personal project. Would not have left the company had I not had a project of my own to complete. DD is the #1 company for which I have worked, I am proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
Social
Cons
not many
Difficult, miserly place to work, incompetent management
Took a low paying contract role to help the business secure the role
Found out they were billing me out at exorbitant rates

Regular meetings with Technical PM and told to only do what was billable to customer

Regular meetings with Business PM (customer) and focussed on what was needed - not just billable
Pros
No pros
Cons
Micro managed, underpaid, body shop
Great Culture
DD is a rewarding and fun company to work for.
the staff are young, vibrant and well trained. If you are prepared to put in the work at DD you will be rewarded well.
productive and fund place to work
the time i was there the team grew from 5 to 75, and with such aggressive growth it had it fantastic times and challenges.
we were outcome based, and built up a capable SCRUM lifestyle practice for all the team to follow
Fast Pace workplace
Dimension Data is a fast pace workplace, you start at 7.30 am and finish at 5 pm. The day is full with resource negotiation , meetings and running reports. Gathering information from reports , PM , FSM and Account Managers. Applying this information to produce forecast, actual to forecast reports to use to improve utilisation.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No reward for extra effort
Great people, market conditions difficult for company
Great location and people, although the company is struggling to transform, coupled with a downturn of technology sales and a declining Professional Services business nationally.
Pros
Free beer Friday's and soft drinks fridges
Cons
No bonuses for the last three years and the company is struggling in the current market
Good experience
Management & leadership is good. Good work environment.
Growth is slow.

Good company to work with.

Had a good experience.
Great place to work with worklife balance
A great place to be exposed to a variety of technology vendors. Financially tight most of the time so there is lack of external training, travel, and celebration (beyond office cakes)
Pros
Understanding manager that provides worklife-balance
Cons
Lack of structured organisation
I really enjoyed my time within the 8 years however it was time for me to change as no opportunities of interest available
I learnt so much in my time of employment. I had great co-workers and there was a new challenge every day. The culture was fantastic
Pros
Great location
Cons
No suitable opportunity
Teamwork, good working culture
It is fun working at Didata. We have new projects, new challenge everyday. I've learned so many new technology. There are so many great workmate here, we all help each other and finish all complex projects
Great people, Great Company!
Great company to work for. Best workmates ever. Very supportive company. It helps the employees to maintain an excellent work and life balance.
Pros
Complementary lunches and work from home facilities
Cons
Old school