Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Great work culture
Full-time Intern (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 January 2019
I had a really nice internship at Dimension Data and learnt many new skills. Made many friends and new connections. Loved the workplace culture and would love to go back and work here in the future.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Anon (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 October 2018
Pretty nice place pretty nice people. Seemingly a culture that promotes from within. Good employees and some super talent. Good luck with this company, they have a lot to offer.
Useless Management
Project Coordinator - Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW24 February 2018
Just like any other company, all the managers are useless and do not know what they need to do. If they give employees space to do their own job, that would help.
I have nocomments on this topic
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 February 2018
Management, culture and company direction is very very questionable.

Dimension Data provides information technology products and services, such as those for data centers, security, network integration, converged communications or Microsoft support. ... These include: digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud, workspaces for tomorrow, and cybersecurity.
Pros
Great hard working people
Cons
Management, culture and company direction is very very questionable
Very professional organisation, Good work life balance
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD28 October 2017
Enjoyed my time at DD, left to pursue a personal project. Would not have left the company had I not had a project of my own to complete. DD is the #1 company for which I have worked, I am proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
Social
Cons
not many
Difficult, miserly place to work, incompetent management
Business Change and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
Took a low paying contract role to help the business secure the role
Found out they were billing me out at exorbitant rates

Regular meetings with Technical PM and told to only do what was billable to customer

Regular meetings with Business PM (customer) and focussed on what was needed - not just billable
Pros
No pros
Cons
Micro managed, underpaid, body shop
Great Culture
Software Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 August 2017
DD is a rewarding and fun company to work for.
the staff are young, vibrant and well trained. If you are prepared to put in the work at DD you will be rewarded well.
productive and fund place to work
Technology Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW23 April 2017
the time i was there the team grew from 5 to 75, and with such aggressive growth it had it fantastic times and challenges.
we were outcome based, and built up a capable SCRUM lifestyle practice for all the team to follow
Fast Pace workplace
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
Dimension Data is a fast pace workplace, you start at 7.30 am and finish at 5 pm. The day is full with resource negotiation , meetings and running reports. Gathering information from reports , PM , FSM and Account Managers. Applying this information to produce forecast, actual to forecast reports to use to improve utilisation.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No reward for extra effort
Great people, market conditions difficult for company
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 September 2016
Great location and people, although the company is struggling to transform, coupled with a downturn of technology sales and a declining Professional Services business nationally.
Pros
Free beer Friday's and soft drinks fridges
Cons
No bonuses for the last three years and the company is struggling in the current market
Good experience
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 May 2016
Management & leadership is good. Good work environment.
Growth is slow.
Good company to work with.
Had a good experience.
Great place to work with worklife balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 March 2016
A great place to be exposed to a variety of technology vendors. Financially tight most of the time so there is lack of external training, travel, and celebration (beyond office cakes)
Pros
Understanding manager that provides worklife-balance
Cons
Lack of structured organisation
I really enjoyed my time within the 8 years however it was time for me to change as no opportunities of interest available
BID MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2016
I learnt so much in my time of employment. I had great co-workers and there was a new challenge every day. The culture was fantastic
Pros
Great location
Cons
No suitable opportunity
Teamwork, good working culture
Technical Consultant - Connectivity (Current Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC17 February 2016
It is fun working at Didata. We have new projects, new challenge everyday. I've learned so many new technology. There are so many great workmate here, we all help each other and finish all complex projects
Great people, Great Company!
National Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 February 2016
Great company to work for. Best workmates ever. Very supportive company. It helps the employees to maintain an excellent work and life balance.
Pros
Complementary lunches and work from home facilities
Cons
Old school
Great Place to work
Worked there (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW20 November 2015
I would recommend to anyone. I had a great time working in DD, positive and smart people. I'd go back if an opportunity came up
Pros
Professional, Ethical and Smary
Cons
None really
a really good company for those who love technical
CSM (Former Employee) –  C3013 October 2015
a really good company for those who love technical, so many customers and widely network technical were used. Engineer will get strong experience on job.
Dimension Data Cloud Business Unit Review
Senior Exchange Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde20 September 2015
Work at Dimension Data's Cloud Business unit was always busy. The company is still in its infancy in many ways and as such, many processes are still being refined.
Staff are of a high caliber and while busy morale is high. Staff are supportive of one another and there are key team members that are always busy.
The most enjoyable part of the role was working with many clients with newer technologies and many different scenarios.
The team are very skilled and learning new skills from these staff is enjoyable.
The hardest part of the role was staying on top of the many projects being completed simultaneously and staying keeping up with certifications.
Cons
Many After Hours migrations and implementations
Good Place to Work
Level 2 Engineer - IP Telephony (Former Employee) –  sydney14 September 2015
Good Place to Work, Lots of learning Scope, we can always learn about the new technologies and new products, helpful colleagues, friendly management
Great work Place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Vic11 August 2015
Great Work place to work and very friendly staff. Job Culture is very positive and very motivated.It was a great experience for future and management staff is supportive.