Direct Couriers Employee Reviews

Brown nosing a must
Sub contractor driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 March 2019
The only way to succeed in this company is to brown nose. Most of the money is made by 10% of the fleet. Most drivers are not happy. Management is! Long days ,little money for most ,barely minimum wage. They don’t have your back and they let you know that you are very replaceable.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Your a number nothing more
Busy run
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT10 February 2019
Good large company to work for but too many drivers and this was cutting into my daily cost with not much work at times to cover your expenses. Liked being on the road and meeting new people
Direct Couriers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 March 2018
Direct Couriers is a company that fails to take Road safety seriously. Failed to check the Front Tires which were illegal at the time I commended working for them in the Truck of a friend on December 5 . Having rented a Ute from 9 October to 1 December due to being unable to obtain a loan I had to drive with illegal front Tires due to my weekly commitments .
Due to the illegal front tires I ran into a stopped car on the Gateway Motorway and have not worked since February 22. All Purpose Transport took Road safety seriously and checked the Roadworthiness of its fleet on a regular basis.
If Direct Couriers had done the same the front Truck tires would have been replaced by no later than the 8 December 2017
Enjoyable experience.
Casual Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD30 October 2017
An intimate experience with the freight handling industry. Providing a greater understanding of incoming freight from international and internal destinations to warehousing and distribution.
Unhelpful company
Courier truck driver/Owner (Former Employee) –  qantas drive , brisbane airport10 July 2017
Direct couriers has always being having a misunderstandings with drivers they never listen and assist their drivers. Jobs are not suited for the vehicles which are doing them.
Learning & productive
Sub Contractor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 May 2017
Well, i worked with Direct Couriers nearly 1 1/2, years, and i have learned different things during my job e.g how to lodge freight at airport, similarly, what types of businesses are in SA and what they are doing, how to carry freight during transit, etc. Well overall , it was a very Good experience except few things which was related to management which result in ending my contract with them and it was shocking. REASON: As i delivered the same type of freight (in same condition) from same pickup location and dropped to same customer as 1-day before and by chance next day one of the job was the same type and i did the same thing but i don't know wat happened and result was termination of my contract. STILL THINKING WHAT HAPPENED?????????
Pros
very good from income point of view
Cons
required some more good people in management
Great Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 August 2016
Upon retirement I have reflected on all the places I have worked at - and Direct Couriers has to be the best - the owners are like family and the office environment and workplace is a credit to them and those that work there
Pros
Family environment
customer deliveries enjoyable transport company
driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 January 2016
I am working in transport for 4 years as my certificate in plastic is I like to extend as a career, I am a reliable to any type job l am assigned to
Pros
good and honest
lunch
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver, NT12 October 2015
hardest jobs is loading and unloading iteams that you need two people.sometimes you need two people. good company to work for
Pros
no free lunch
Family run business
Radio dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Banksmeadow, NSW1 October 2014
Great owners to work for.
Enjoyable work colleagues.
Although busy no pressure placed upon anyone from owners.
Pros
good salary
Cons
middle management
Great working environment.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 June 2012
Great working environment an good people to work with.
Loved meeting the customers new and old.
Enjoyed working with people.
Pros
worked on my own as well as with others, i enjoyed it.
Cons
none at all.