Direct Couriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Direct Couriers Employee Reviews

Just poor pay ,Own fuel , car . I understand the industry so intense competition . Good side is Everyday total difference , from job to location . Meet people . Conversation
This companies succes is highly dependant on naive subcontractor courier drivers ,who are told great things by the fleet manager, but in reality it will be the worst business decision u will ever make.Thats why there is always a high driver job turnover. In the beginning they will entice you with good paying jobs ,but after about 2 weeks you will be kept very busy with low paying jobs driving big kilometres per day or sent off to do hourly hire runs, expected to clear a busy set run at other transport companies for very low pay. They are also known for ripping drivers off ,for example they will give u standard job which was really an express job that pays more, but its given to u at a standard rate so u get less and they make more commission. Avoid this company at all cost.
Pros
Nice uniforms. Out on the road.
Cons
Low pay for the most part. Expected to drive long hours.
Great company to work for. All the staff and drivers are good to get on with. The pay is good for what we do, i lived out of Perth in the hills and they always found me jobs on the way to the bass and back home again The great thing is you can have a fun day at work
Great company to work for would recommend- great people and culture easy to get along with -hours and environment great-great new building close to airport and shops.
Did love working here but work lift balance was shocking pay was good management most of them where good but you had some that needed to get of there high horse and realize that you also needed a life outside work
The only way to succeed in this company is to brown nose. Most of the money is made by 10% of the fleet. Most drivers are not happy. Management is! Long days ,little money for most ,barely minimum wage. They don’t have your back and they let you know that you are very replaceable.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Your a number nothing more
Good large company to work for but too many drivers and this was cutting into my daily cost with not much work at times to cover your expenses. Liked being on the road and meeting new people
Cons
Management is okay like some at times can be difficult. Work epic overall is pretty relaxing hours a good no real long days if enjoy driving in bussy times.
Pros
End of year bbq and gift
Cons
Deling with some custormes
Direct Couriers is a company that fails to take Road safety seriously. Failed to check the Front Tires which were illegal at the time I commended working for them in the Truck of a friend on December 5 . Having rented a Ute from 9 October to 1 December due to being unable to obtain a loan I had to drive with illegal front Tires due to my weekly commitments . Due to the illegal front tires I ran into a stopped car on the Gateway Motorway and have not worked since February 22. All Purpose Transport took Road safety seriously and checked the Roadworthiness of its fleet on a regular basis. If Direct Couriers had done the same the front Truck tires would have been replaced by no later than the 8 December 2017
An intimate experience with the freight handling industry. Providing a greater understanding of incoming freight from international and internal destinations to warehousing and distribution.
Direct couriers has always being having a misunderstandings with drivers they never listen and assist their drivers. Jobs are not suited for the vehicles which are doing them.
Well, i worked with Direct Couriers nearly 1 1/2, years, and i have learned different things during my job e.g how to lodge freight at airport, similarly, what types of businesses are in SA and what they are doing, how to carry freight during transit, etc. Well overall , it was a very Good experience except few things which was related to management which result in ending my contract with them and it was shocking. REASON: As i delivered the same type of freight (in same condition) from same pickup location and dropped to same customer as 1-day before and by chance next day one of the job was the same type and i did the same thing but i don't know wat happened and result was termination of my contract. STILL THINKING WHAT HAPPENED?????????
Pros
very good from income point of view
Cons
required some more good people in management
Upon retirement I have reflected on all the places I have worked at - and Direct Couriers has to be the best - the owners are like family and the office environment and workplace is a credit to them and those that work there
Pros
Family environment
I am working in transport for 4 years as my certificate in plastic is I like to extend as a career, I am a reliable to any type job l am assigned to
Pros
good and honest
Cons
hardest jobs is loading and unloading iteams that you need two people.sometimes you need two people. good company to work for
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
Great owners to work for. Enjoyable work colleagues. Although busy no pressure placed upon anyone from owners.
Pros
good salary
Cons
middle management
Great working environment an good people to work with.Loved meeting the customers new and old.Enjoyed working with people.
Pros
worked on my own as well as with others, i enjoyed it.
Cons
none at all.
  1. Employee Reviews