Discovery Parks
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Discovery Parks Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Can be enjoyable

It was always nice to meet new and happy people in a great environment. There wasn't much company computer training that would have been a great help. But all n all, I enjoyed maintaining the resort with an awesome crew.

Do not work at this place

Townsville Discovery parks is the world’s worst place to work . Bad behaviour is encouraged by management. Bullying and harassment is so bad . The mangers wife and old receptionist run the whole place . It is pure corruption and when reported to HR department they cover things up and protect management. Stay well away from this place for your own mental health and safety. You are given no breaks even when you work 8 hrs or more . Whole place dodgy .

Pros

Cons

Long hours no breaks and no correct wages

Don’t work here

They pulled out of my contract after 3 days with no valid reason and it was clearly due to the fact I have trouble with my mental health. Supervisors gave me the wrong idea about how the company functions and I was doing a completely different job to what I was hired to do.

Pros

Hour long lunches

Cons

Don’t like to adapt to people with disabilities

Terrible HR team - rude, never respond or follow up with applicants

Tried for a job at Adelaide park - I have extensive relevant experience and put forward a great application - I never heard from HR at all, despite me calling them several times, left messages, emailed them, but they couldn’t even be bothered to get back to me at all. HR should mean Human Resources, but I don’t know what this team does, because they have no Human skills at all. This leaves a very bad impression of their company overall, and senior execs should be concerned. I won’t bother applying with you again, and my family and friends will stay clear of your parks when we travel.

Pros

Cons

Poor attitude of company

Just loved it..feel relaxed

Very nice environment..takes only a minute to the beach..nice view..good manager good staff good co-workers.. helpful, co-operative , friendly..sometimes had barbecue and morning tea

Pros

Not stressful

great management , fast paced

Love working there management is good very fast paced lots of native animal, snow in winter , hot summer very busy with tourists and great place to work.

Work

The worst place to work back stabbing People who suck up are the favourite among the manager, who is never there and utterly useless,stressed all the time as you don’t no as to what was said and who back stabbed you

Proactive team member,

All rounder front of house, working proactively in a team. Communication between employees and management could improve a lot. Ensuring their staff are informed on things that can help them. Being able to work in the best environment on some days was really great.

Great Park & facilities. Location to town is close Friendly staff

Enjoyed the staff I had to work with both housekeeping/laundry and grounds man We had regular clients/guests & permanents & the variety of various accommodation on offer Always busy and something to learn and problems to solve Enjoyed my time there as receptionist n meeting people

Great job friendly people

Easy place to work Company also great to work for Work varies from dayto day but always interesting Management always changing sometimes it was difficult to adjust

Job was good, manager was horrible

Manager was arrogant, belittles staff, constantly putting staff down behind their back. Name calling, was not a positive experience. The job would've been good if not for the bully manager.

Good money for busy season.

Stressful environment when it's busy, nothing to do when it's not, so casual position is not needed during the low season. Good payment. New faces everyday. As a kitchen Hand you will feel not well valued.

Pros

Payment

Cons

Stressful, position not well valued

A typical day at work

Caught the ferry to Rottnest at 0730, worked all day, got a 1 hour lunch break the came back around 1-5 depending on the day. The work was hard but enjoyable

Enjoyable workplace environment, learning new skills

Mine management, and staff were impeccably pleasant, polite and well-mannered as well as very helpful. My fellow colleagues were fantastic, and very helpful, to work with.

Pros

Free accomodation and meals

Cons

Didn't get on well with one chef.

Great place to work, and a lot of fun.

Interesting times are had, you meet some great people every day, and get a lot of fun stories about people and there travels. There is always things to do around the park so can be very busy at times.

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Can be very long hours

very hands on job

house keeping at discovery is very hands on and time limited sometimes you feel rushed to get the cabins cleaned, but i have learnt a lot of new things through discovery,

Pros

times

Cons

no breaks

Camp Job where coworkers become family

I worked with this company in the outbacks of Australia in a camp environment. My typical day was a variety of duties such as cleaning cabin rooms to a high standard. Setting up a laundry system and taking care of it and training in new staff. Radio control doing room checks and pre-arrivals and reporting to office for maintenance issues. Sweeping of yards in camp and keeping areas clean. Hosing down of cabins and vans. stocking of trolleys and linen room. Driving company car to pick up laundry bags and setting up of new laundry areas. Doing final cleans on new building during construction and setting up new rooms. I worked with a group of people of which also lived on camp so we all became very close as we had to live and work with each other for months.It was a life changing experience I will never forget.

Pros

Free Accommodation and Meals

Cons

Long hours -no shops or things to do

Very nice work environment, good salary and interesting leisure activities

Starting early in the morning, doing housekeeping work in the different types of accomodation in the Park, normally finishing by 4-5 pm. After work we play table tennis with some workmates, we enjoy the swimming pool or we work out at the gym. The weather has been the most difficult aspect of being here. The most enjoyable part of the work is to meet people from different parts of the globe and share our lives experiences

Pros

Accommodation and all meals are included

Cons

Weather is to hot and humit sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Parks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Discovery Parks
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?