Discovery Parks Employee Reviews

4.7Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Enjoyable workplace environment, learning new skills
Kitchen Hand, Mount Cuthbert (Former Employee) –  Cloncurry QLD8 April 2019
Mine management, and staff were impeccably pleasant, polite and well-mannered as well as very helpful.
My fellow colleagues were fantastic, and very helpful, to work with.
Pros
Free accomodation and meals
Cons
Didn't get on well with one chef.
Great place to work, and a lot of fun.
Assistant Manager. The entering of details (Current Employee) –  Port Augusta SA13 September 2018
Interesting times are had, you meet some great people every day, and get a lot of fun stories about people and there travels. There is always things to do around the park so can be very busy at times.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Can be very long hours
very hands on job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Emerald Beach NSW17 March 2017
house keeping at discovery is very hands on and time limited sometimes you feel rushed to get the cabins cleaned, but i have learnt a lot of new things through discovery,
Pros
times
Cons
no breaks
Camp Job where coworkers become family
Supervisor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Onslow,Australia26 September 2014
I worked with this company in the outbacks of Australia in a camp environment. My typical day was a variety of duties such as cleaning cabin rooms to a high standard. Setting up a laundry system and taking care of it and training in new staff. Radio control doing room checks and pre-arrivals and reporting to office for maintenance issues. Sweeping of yards in camp and keeping areas clean. Hosing down of cabins and vans. stocking of trolleys and linen room. Driving company car to pick up laundry bags and setting up of new laundry areas. Doing final cleans on new building during construction and setting up new rooms. I worked with a group of people of which also lived on camp so we all became very close as we had to live and work with each other for months.It was a life changing experience I will never forget.
Pros
Free Accommodation and Meals
Cons
Long hours -no shops or things to do
Very nice work environment, good salary and interesting leisure activities
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Onslow, WA10 April 2014
Starting early in the morning, doing housekeeping work in the different types of accomodation in the Park, normally finishing by 4-5 pm. After work we play table tennis with some workmates, we enjoy the swimming pool or we work out at the gym.
The weather has been the most difficult aspect of being here.

The most enjoyable part of the work is to meet people from different parts of the globe and share our lives experiences
Pros
Accommodation and all meals are included
Cons
Weather is to hot and humit sometimes