Discovery Parks Employee Review

View all Discovery Parks reviews

Camp Job where coworkers become family
Supervisor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Onslow,Australia26 September 2014
I worked with this company in the outbacks of Australia in a camp environment. My typical day was a variety of duties such as cleaning cabin rooms to a high standard. Setting up a laundry system and taking care of it and training in new staff. Radio control doing room checks and pre-arrivals and reporting to office for maintenance issues. Sweeping of yards in camp and keeping areas clean. Hosing down of cabins and vans. stocking of trolleys and linen room. Driving company car to pick up laundry bags and setting up of new laundry areas. Doing final cleans on new building during construction and setting up new rooms. I worked with a group of people of which also lived on camp so we all became very close as we had to live and work with each other for months.It was a life changing experience I will never forget.
Pros
Free Accommodation and Meals
Cons
Long hours -no shops or things to do

Other Discovery Parks Employee Reviews

Great job friendly people
Boulder - Caretaker/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boulder WA10 September 2019
Easy place to work Company also great to work for Work varies from dayto day but always interesting Management always changing sometimes it was difficult to adjust
Job was good, manager was horrible
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Tannum Sands QLD31 August 2019
Manager was arrogant, belittles staff, constantly putting staff down behind their back. Name calling, was not a positive experience. The job would've been good if not for the bully manager.