Djarragun College
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Djarragun College Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
i Clean class rooms, office and toilets. I also work in the Kitchen as a kitchen hand/cleaner.
The job is every rewarding in seeing how good of a job you did cleaning up after the kids , and everything shining again, even though I have learned it doesnt stay clean for long. I work with a great crew and all work well together, It is a indigenous and tara strait Island college so some times there is a communication barrier, but makes the job more challenging and enjoyable, the kids are great towards me and we get along great.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not enough hours
During my time there I was asked to do things that were against the law and against school policy and could have harmed one of the children and then when I challenged them on this matter they fired me. I worked in girls boarding for 9 months and they have people with no nursing background giving medication, they knew nothing about these medications and I questioned them as some didn't even have the correct name for that child. I myself have a 27 year nursing background and a 12 year social work background. They would also allow kids to drive unrestrained, which would cause friction between me and the children as I would not allow any of the above scenario's. Management told me not to question and mind my own business then fired me the next day.
My position generally involved preparing for and hosting boarding camps for groups of Indigenous students arriving from Cape York or the Northern Territory. These camps usually lasted for one to two weeks.

In the interim duties included the upkeep of the Wangetti Campus.
Working as a learning support worker was really good for me, as I enjoy working with young people. Djarragun College is where I graduated and finished my year 12.
Typical day at work- My co-worker was a math teacher so we got along really well, I often work with the sports teacher as well.
Cons
Fair Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Djarragun College. Our community is ready to answer.
Djarragun College Reviews by Location