Djarragun College
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Djarragun College Employee Review

was not a productive workplace are OK to bend the law to suit themselves

2 June 2020
During my time there I was asked to do things that were against the law and against school policy and could have harmed one of the children and then when I challenged them on this matter they fired me. I worked in girls boarding for 9 months and they have people with no nursing background giving medication, they knew nothing about these medications and I questioned them as some didn't even have the correct name for that child. I myself have a 27 year nursing background and a 12 year social work background. They would also allow kids to drive unrestrained, which would cause friction between me and the children as I would not allow any of the above scenario's. Management told me not to question and mind my own business then fired me the next day.
9 March 2015
Same location
Learning Support worker (Former Employee) - Cairns
Working as a learning support worker was really good for me, as I enjoy working with young people. Djarragun College is where I graduated and finished my year 12.
15 June 2014
Same location
Learning Support worker (Former Employee) - Cairns, QLD
Typical day at work- My co-worker was a math teacher so we got along really well, I often work with the sports teacher as well.
Cons
Fair Hours
10 July 2018
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) - Gordonvale QLD
i Clean class rooms, office and toilets. I also work in the Kitchen as a kitchen hand/cleaner.
The job is every rewarding in seeing how good of a job you did cleaning up after the kids , and everything shining again, even though I have learned it doesnt stay clean for long. I work with a great crew and all work well together, It is a indigenous and tara strait Island college so some times there is a communication barrier, but makes the job more challenging and enjoyable, the kids are great towards me and we get along great.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Djarragun College. Our community is ready to answer.
Djarragun College Reviews by Location