Djarragun College
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Djarragun College Employee Reviews in Cairns QLD

Cairns QLD3 reviews
Working as a learning support worker was really good for me, as I enjoy working with young people. Djarragun College is where I graduated and finished my year 12.
During my time there I was asked to do things that were against the law and against school policy and could have harmed one of the children and then when I challenged them on this matter they fired me. I worked in girls boarding for 9 months and they have people with no nursing background giving medication, they knew nothing about these medications and I questioned them as some didn't even have the correct name for that child. I myself have a 27 year nursing background and a 12 year social work background. They would also allow kids to drive unrestrained, which would cause friction between me and the children as I would not allow any of the above scenario's. Management told me not to question and mind my own business then fired me the next day.
Typical day at work- My co-worker was a math teacher so we got along really well, I often work with the sports teacher as well.
Cons
Fair Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Djarragun College?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Djarragun College. Our community is ready to answer.
Djarragun College Reviews by Job Title