DLA Piper
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DLA Piper Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
I did for the most part enjoy my time here however the offices where VERY quiet which in my opinion was quite awkward. Some of the management or Lawyers where a bit unapproachable. Longish hours but not too bad. Work was quite repetitive and not very interesting.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
stale corporate atmosphere
I was paid minimum wage to do 50-60hrs a week, doing my own job and that of a paralegal. They would gaslight me into working extra hours because they were permanently understaffed and management (who went home on time everyday and did no extra hours ever) would get angry if I was unable to do extra hours. No benefits for all the overtime work that was done.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, minimum wage
Had a big Deed's room which made it easy to work in. People were friendly and the Partners were helpful, Premises had a spectacular view of the Melbourne skyline.
Highly ranked global law firm, very professional.

I held the position of document production technician in the Perth office performing all aspects of document production to lawyers globally on a daily basis.
I found DLA to be a friendly place to work. Because of the culture that the business encouraged, most of my co-workers were my friends. DLA has a social club which held monthly gatherings and other events throughout the year. There were plenty of opportunities for learning and brushing up on skills. Business systems that were used were as up to date as possible for the firm's business needs. I would go back to the firm tomorrow if there were any vacancies but sadly as is the case for all multi national firms, staff are being kept to a minimum.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
putting oneself through yearly reviews