Dodo Connect
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dodo Connect Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
It was such an amazing experience.
I have learned many things while working with Dodo company. Most important things is to work in team. Team work is most important in achieving desire successes or goal I believe.
Such an amazing experience
I like to work in customer service field. According to me, it was totally fun of cource all days are no same there was a day where all teams need to work hard to achieve desire goal thats pretty stress but at the end if your team is strong you can achieve it easily.
Stress
Dodo= Stress,

Clueless Management, useless products, and whole lot of pressure to reach the target. no training provided, managers use bad language.
The people I worked alongside with made the job enjoyable and competitive.
Very poor management. Was pressured to resign my position as they sold the Kiosk as a franchise and they wanted me to work for the franchisee. I was not given many options where I could work.

However, I enjoyed the job and it was a great experience meeting so many different types of people
Cons
Low commission/incentive scheme
fast paced work environment
work at DODO was very fast. we started the day at 9 am and finished at 5:30 pm. its sales position so it was all about approaching customers all day long trying to sign them up to our products. it was very engaging and communication skills were tested.
Pros
always something new
Cons
very demanding
learned a lot things, doesn't have great work culture
I have learned a lot from my colleague, and most importantly I gained knowledge of Australian Market and how to communicate with people from different nationalities.
But the sad part is the management doesn't care about the employee satisfaction and they just talk about numbers. Stores are not managed properly due to no permanent staff. Hopefully they will bring changes and improve the way of working.
Unsuccessful mall sales - commission based
I thought I would try my hand at mall sales however this was unfortunately not the right fit for me, whilst able to make some sales I was unable to accumulate the numbers required to live off of.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
tough to catch peoples attentions for sales.
square pegs & round holes.
overall it was a reasonable experience & until area management shifted it was a positive experience. Control the Controllable & roll with the punches sometimes wears thin. otherwise the company was responsive to the reality of their situation & worked with me to adjust targets to achievable. helping grow confidence within my team and drive realistic success.
Best Company to have worked for with lots of culture
Typical Day at work - Get up dress up and go visit on my stores, get a coffee for my sell and my team member, go through weekly sales results, talk to customers have fun most importantly make sales.

What i learned was how to do rosters, how to approve staff hours worked, how to approve their annual leave, how to accept called in sick staff, how to report my numbers to my state manager. how to set target and follow up on them etc

Management skills i got was how to get staff to perform, coaching and teaching them my skills and more to succeed

Our workplace culture was pretty strict but also chilled, we had to wear uniforms at all times but we were in style and and ensured our customers who we worked for, there were free lunch, coffees, movies all given out to staff by me if they had reached their KPI's and targets.

The hardest part int he job was if we missed out on our sales numbers for what ever weird reason.

another was staff calling in sick

Most enjoyable part of my job was that i was always out performing other area managers in all key product sales. coaching my staff to be a full timer or a manager and best was when they worked hard and i would promote them that was the best part of my job. also having the flexibility to move from store to store on daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Movies, Cheap Internet deals, cheap Electricity and gas deals.
Cons
Not the best salary provided
customer service and fun at work
A highly organised, motivated in Customer Service and Sales Person with exceptional attention to details and the proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, who loves getting things right to customers and make them happy.
Pros
great experience
Cons
have to stop the customer and make them sign in the kiosk
Great place to work.
I loved working at Dodo was a great place to work, customers were always so easy to get along with and the training for the business was easy to understand and easy to explain to customers when making sales.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Sometimes left on own as new person.
Get to help people with their internet, mobile, gas and electricity.
Dodo Connect is a very good company they work very hard to be the most loved telecom company, and always have the customers best interest at heart. Listen to their needs and wants and then find them the best deal for what they are looking for. I have learned a lot about the telecom business and how internet installations work.
It's a job - not a career
doesn't matter if you hit target, improve the system, win awards, there's no where to really go in Dodo. A lot of higher up positions are outsourced which creates ignorant leaders and disgruntled employees.very unorganized, sporadic and unsympathetic management.
Terrible management that don't care
Terrible management that don't care how you get sales as long as you get them, also very rude and hostile towards employees. Also very limited tools and marketing.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
No security, terrible management
stressful work environment
day start with opening check list and then receiving loads of mails regards the target for all stores they are asking for high target compared to the marketing and plans they are doing.
most of the employees are casual contracts and they get rid of them very often.

the team work was nice as team mates we were supporting each other to get the target.
good
great experience and people. the environment is amazing, however looking to open up more doorways and gain more experience in business and retail, overall i like the company
Boring Job , with too much to handle
Job with great pay and Support , with no security whatsoever, Support tools were limited or non existent, Very bad reps and Area managers, who come 1 per week.
A very multicultural company that has achieved enormous growth over the last few years.
Lovely day to day shifts in a friendly environment helped me exceed my targets
Grind
Questionable sales methods.
Extremely high staff turn over, searching for another job within weeks of starting.

Often two or less days on a week.

Mostly immigrant staff members.
Dodo Connect
On a day to day basis I would coach my team, make sales, perform general administrative tasks and complete rostering. The job was fun and challenging but definitely has room to improve.
Productive & overall personality development, good work life balance, good competition, good pay, great incentives, follow up on targets and goals.