Domain Group Employee Reviews

An inclusive workplace dedicated to your happiness & well-being
Product Writer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 October 2018
It's clear from your first interview that this is a company that really cares about you. They're actually interested in who you are, what makes you happy and how they can help make your role fulfilling. There's a genuine concern for mental health and well-being; not just a couple yoga classes masquerading as "mental health awareness", but it's actually embedded in how we work and treat each other. There are regular check-ins for career development, flexible work conditions and an incredibly inclusive work culture with extra-curricular activities for every interest you can imagine. The best part of the job so far is I've not had a single day where I didn't want to work. The worst part is they bring a giant bowl of lollies out at 3pm every Friday and it's really not great for the waistline.
Pros
3pm lollies, flexible work arrangements, on-site gym & yoga studio, on-site cafe, career development, competitive salary, realistic work hours
Cons
parking
Official response from Domain Group
10 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Excellent Place to Work
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW30 October 2018
Having worked across a diverse range of industries and companies in my career I can honestly say that Domain is one of the best places I have ever worked.
There is a culture of care, learning, collaboration, innovation and fun! No two days are ever the same.
I feel really supported by management and my colleagues and Domain leadership are really taking steps to ensure we are all happy and engaged individuals!
Pros
Great Culture, Social, Challenging
Cons
Salary and career advancement could be improved across certain business units
Official response from Domain Group
10 April 2019

It's a good, could be a great.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW25 June 2018
Joined as a contractor, have enjoyed great people, culture and office/location. Its a company that is going places and is already most of the way there.. once tools and management wrinkles are ironed out it will be a 5 stars.
Happy to say it looks like they are making all the right moves and there is a general feeling of prosperity and growth. Facilities are excellent and well managed and career opportunities are there if you want them.
Pros
Culture, growth, facilities, people, atmosphere
Cons
Ironing out tools and managment, underway but not complete.
Toxic Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2018
Domain Group is a great company that has real potential. However, bullying and sexism is very common and often ignored.

The company claims to offer a safe and diverse environment, but is largely run by a group of white male managers who feel that employment law does not apply to them.
Pros
Reasonable salary, flexibility to work from home
Cons
No respect for staff
A great company with a fun culture and fantastic opportunities!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 September 2017
I joined Domain Group nearly a year ago. When I first started, my team was extremely welcoming and supportive, my first week and onboarding experience was very well planned out! There aren't many companies where you can feel right at home pretty much straight away.

The company is fast growing and fast paced which is one of the things that makes it so exciting and enjoyable. It is a dynamic company which really supports your growth and development.

We're lucky enough to have a gym in the office which I use regularly! The office facilities are amazing. It's great to relax and sit out on the sun deck in this perfect weather and have the work-life balance to be able to enjoy it.
Pros
Office Facilities (gym, yoga studio), BBQ's, sun deck and culture.
Cons
It can be busy and fast paced so you need to be adaptable.
Amazing company with a unique fun culture!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 September 2017
I joined the company this year and I can honestly say it feels like home! I slotted into my new role with ease and the process from applying to my first day on the job was a breeze!

I met weekly 1 on 1 with my manager to discuss my workload, expectations and to work through any problems I can't resolve on my own. I am encouraged to attend any courses and have a development plan in place, which I do often!

The company seriously celebrates wins, coming to work is fun and everyone works hard but the atmosphere is buzzy yet relaxed! Everyone who works here is very passionate about what they do but there is always something to laugh about. There is a very flat structure and a seriously approachable senior management team.

The office is out of this world and the facilities are now even better since the gym and bar have opened onsite. The ping pong table is a great way to relax during the day!
Pros
BBQ's, Monthly drinks and a fun and supportive environment!
Cons
You need to be dynamic to work here, things are always changing in a good way!
A Company you would be proud to work for!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 September 2017
When you join Domain it really does become one of those jobs and companies that you are proud to say you work for. The business is kicking goals and going through an exciting growth period which opens up lots of opportunities for you when you work there.

The office quite literally becomes your home away from home. The Sydney HQ is full of sunlight, electronic stand-up desks, cool meeting spaces like the bean bag meeting room and tree house hang out. They also have a BBQ, sundeck, onsite gym, yoga studio, end of trip facilities, games room, an office bar and so much more.

They encourage work life balance however the offices are so nice, you don't mind coming in!

Although the offices are fab, the people really make Domain what it is. So many people with a great sense of humour, relaxed culture and super approachable management. We are a social bunch who love a beer when the weeks out.

The business is growing, so that means the environment is fast paced and there are lots of changes. Which is exciting and isn't for everyone.
Pros
The people, amazing offices and approachable management
Cons
Huge growth and lots of change. You must be able to thrive in this environment
It is great working for Domain. You get exposure on a great deal of things including print and online advertising.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Southbank VIC7 August 2017
A typical day at work in Domain involves dealing with clients either by phone or email. Most of the day is involved in managing their expectations and getting results. The workplace culture is great!
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
It gets pretty busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domain Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2