Play YouTube video button
Domayne
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Domayne Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Featured review
Domayne selected this as a representative review
-See new places
-Experience new things at every site

-Learning new things from fantastic colleagues

-excellent management in roster

-less availability of hours
Demanding and poor systems in place expecting you do run your own systems for purchasing, order management which takes away from time when you could be focusing on closing sales
Management only look after the staff who bring in money. The sales dept where cut throat towards each other - this was encouraged by management. Admin and customer service staff where treated quite poorly.
Pros
Discounts on some of the products
Cons
Goal posts constantly changing.
Don't work here if you are hoping to move up anywhere into management or get a fair wage. You don't get penalty rates and are made to work every weekend (sometimes both Saturdays and Sundays regularly). You get commission but more than often it doesn't cover the fact you don't get penalty rates.

Very slow business and bosses expectations are far too high considering the lack of foot traffic and over priced items. Extremely long probation period and bosses will let you go without warning.

Sales people are vultures on the sales floor and constantly trying to take other peoples sales. Money is the only thing people care about.

Only would recommend working here as a temporary job while you study or while you find something better as it is very easy work.
There is a great culture within the company to work for but I’m looking for a change as I feel I can not progress any further within the company I feel I need to challenge myself
Worst job I've ever had. Pay is not worth the work and pressure they put you through. You get no breaks. Lunch breaks are frowned upon . Management don't care about staff. You never know what time you will finish. They will have you working to all hours as long as it suits them. Just a toxic environment. They have had 3 resignations in the last week. Because of unhappy staff. If you're reading this and considering applying. DONT!!!!!
sales one on one with customers, store visual merchandising and presentation. follow up client orders dealing with the suppliers and ensuring kpi's are met
Pros
training and commision
Cons
on feet all day
the job was mostly to sell furniture to the public. Such as lounges, dining settings etc.
There was a weekly sales target of $20,000 which I found quite easy to achieve.
If I could go back to my job interview, I'd walk out the door and apply literally ANYWHERE else. The pay is shocking, the management even worse. No penalty rates but you MUST work EVERY weekend (at least that was my stores experience, I can't say whether or not this is company wide as they are franchised, but I can say North Ryde Bedding is a nightmare without hesitation).
You will be promised weekly Spivs and you wont get any, even when owed and/or earned.

You will be told that you don't get any penalty rates as you make commission but what they didn't mention is that each sale you make will have money deducted out of it for what they call "Warehouse Cost Recovery", this money pays for when the Warehouse staff accidentally break stock you've ordered, as if that's somehow your fault or responsibility to pay for- but you do pay for it, as you make a % of your overall sale and they are taking $ out for things that don't involve you before you even start talking commission- which 9 times out of 10 is stuff all as it is. As it stands, I am the 4th person to leave this store in 12 months due to the treatment of staff and North Ryde have 0 intentions of changing their ways or even listening to their staff's concerns.

All staff are run down, over it or on the look out for a better opportunity to pop up.

If you want a job where you're treated like a door mat, not listened to, paid terribly and report to a toxic individual that steam roles their staff, look no further than North Ryde Bedding at Domayne. Apply within.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay, Lied to constantly, Sleazy sales tactics, Backwards priorities, Toxic Management
I had learned how to follow up on credit claims with suppliers. The most enjoyable part was the fun team of professional people working there. Everyone worked as a team.
Pros
sensible working times in the Admin Office (not beyond 5.30)
Cons
Answering phone to irate customers on people who had issue with English
A very good company to work for .Had a good time with the staff and franchise, very helpfull and freindly.Its a good company to work for. I loved my time working wit them
Pros
Very freindly and lots of parties
Cons
No long hours except when asked but that does not happen
good solid employer to work for, good base wages with excellent bonus structure.
Fun employment environment where your able to meet great friends as long as you make the company money and never have sick leave
fun work environment and job culture. Friendly people who will help you out if you are lost. Very sales orientated but at the same time providing excellent customer service. Pay is award minimum.
The management was all over the place, and the culture was everyone for them selfs, not a good place to work at all.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of diverse people.
Our small team of 5 in the Accounts and Administration of Domayne/Harvey Norman, undertook but was not limited too general duties of answering enquires, emails, daily banking and reconcilling etc. and supporting each other when required. All of the Staff in each department worked closely with us to keep a smooth running of the office and retail floor. The hardest part was leaving being pregnant with my son.
Pros
Hours were flexible and suitable to my needs
Cons
Limited progression within the Company
Busy workplace with very high standards. It is the flagship store for the Domayne brand. Workdays change from day to day from dealing with customers to setting up new products.
A typical day at work included receiving phone calls, going down to the bay to get the stock wheel it up on flatbeds, unpack the stock and dispose of the rubbish, mark off the invoice, ticket the items and place them on the shelf. Also manning from counter and dealing with customers via phone call and in store. Proceeding with cash sales and customer service.

I obtained effective cash handling skills with EFTPOS and invoice sales, customer service, retail experience and Point of Sale, also working in a team. I learnt how to make purchase orders and work with layby's and further payments as well as dealing with the stock and having to collect, unwrap, ticket and pack.

Co-workers were lovely, warm and friendly. Very welcoming towards me as I was new to Brisbane. Management were understanding and willing to take me on board as their youngest member.

The hardest part of the job was learning their computerised system it was very complicated but I picked it up quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been greeting the new customers that walked in and being able to help them with their enquires.
Pros
Friendly team environment
Cons
Short lunches
I love he fact the job changed from day to day, the early mornings didnt phase me at all
Mostly busy on weekend trading
I had a refreshment learning at this store with a very keen old friend who put me into electrical again

Management was very cool and fun to work with

I loved working with each and every member of my team members, 2IC and manager

Nothing was hard with this company

I got some very valuable training in the field of electrical after 12 years in furniture/bedding with this place and enjoyed every moment
Pros
No Pressure
Cons
had to work every single weekend
Loved to fix the beautiful merchandise

The franchisors change so often that whoever hired you may not be there in the next week.

Nice co workers and supportive administration staff.

Always with a new franchise owner that never lasts, these new people only want very young individuals to work for them and give them 2IC positions.

Unstable work environment
Pros
commissions and staff discount
Cons
you have to be at work thirty minutes before openning, and stay back 30 minutes after closing of shop and not get paid for those extra 30 minutes
I was involved with sales and administration. Not only was I involved in selling bedding and homewares I also was exposed to administration such as payroll and customer service. I was often the main person in the department who was in charge of the cashiering and financial contracts. I also touched on online selling here.

The hardest part of the job was that often it was a learn as you go situation as well as often finding that there was not enough hours in the day to fulfill my role The most enjoyable part of the job was organising and setting up some ground rules in the administration area of the job
Pros
learning organisation and how to deal with people
Cons
learning on the job, long hours trying to fulfill my role