Domayne Employee Reviews

Nice working Environment
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2018
-See new places
-Experience new things at every site
-Learning new things from fantastic colleagues
-excellent management in roster
-less availability of hours
Domayne North Ryde Bedding is shocking.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW18 March 2018
If I could go back to my job interview, I'd walk out the door and apply literally ANYWHERE else. The pay is shocking, the management even worse. No penalty rates but you MUST work EVERY weekend (at least that was my stores experience, I can't say whether or not this is company wide as they are franchised, but I can say North Ryde Bedding is a nightmare without hesitation).
You will be promised weekly Spivs and you wont get any, even when owed and/or earned.
You will be told that you don't get any penalty rates as you make commission but what they didn't mention is that each sale you make will have money deducted out of it for what they call "Warehouse Cost Recovery", this money pays for when the Warehouse staff accidentally break stock you've ordered, as if that's somehow your fault or responsibility to pay for- but you do pay for it, as you make a % of your overall sale and they are taking $ out for things that don't involve you before you even start talking commission- which 9 times out of 10 is stuff all as it is. As it stands, I am the 4th person to leave this store in 12 months due to the treatment of staff and North Ryde have 0 intentions of changing their ways or even listening to their staff's concerns.
All staff are run down, over it or on the look out for a better opportunity to pop up.
If you want a job where you're treated like a door mat, not listened to, paid terribly and report to a toxic individual that steam roles their staff, look no further than North Ryde Bedding at Domayne. Apply within.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay, Lied to constantly, Sleazy sales tactics, Backwards priorities, Toxic Management
Nice atmosphere to work in
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW8 December 2017
I had learned how to follow up on credit claims with suppliers. The most enjoyable part was the fun team of professional people working there. Everyone worked as a team.
Pros
sensible working times in the Admin Office (not beyond 5.30)
Cons
Answering phone to irate customers on people who had issue with English
Terrible enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belrose NSW2 March 2017
The management was all over the place, and the culture was everyone for them selfs, not a good place to work at all.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of diverse people.
Productive and a fast paced environment
Cashier/Homewares - Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 May 2015
A typical day at work included receiving phone calls, going down to the bay to get the stock wheel it up on flatbeds, unpack the stock and dispose of the rubbish, mark off the invoice, ticket the items and place them on the shelf. Also manning from counter and dealing with customers via phone call and in store. Proceeding with cash sales and customer service.

I obtained effective cash handling skills with EFTPOS and invoice sales, customer service, retail experience and Point of Sale, also working in a team. I learnt how to make purchase orders and work with layby's and further payments as well as dealing with the stock and having to collect, unwrap, ticket and pack.

Co-workers were lovely, warm and friendly. Very welcoming towards me as I was new to Brisbane. Management were understanding and willing to take me on board as their youngest member.

The hardest part of the job was learning their computerised system it was very complicated but I picked it up quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been greeting the new customers that walked in and being able to help them with their enquires.
Pros
Friendly team environment
Cons
Short lunches
Beautiful environment but miserable existence
Sales Consultant / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill30 October 2013
Loved to fix the beautiful merchandise

The franchisors change so often that whoever hired you may not be there in the next week.

Nice co workers and supportive administration staff.

Always with a new franchise owner that never lasts, these new people only want very young individuals to work for them and give them 2IC positions.

Unstable work environment
Pros
commissions and staff discount
Cons
you have to be at work thirty minutes before openning, and stay back 30 minutes after closing of shop and not get paid for those extra 30 minutes
Domayne Proprietors constantly change
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill, NSW24 October 2013
Looking for customers to purchase a variety of Domayne products.
Maintain customer files and follow up on sales. Answer customer questions and resolve customer complaints and problems.

Good teamwork with colleagues. However not much sales generating in this department.

The hardest part of the job was to come in 30 minutes before shops opens and not get paid for it. Closing of shop usually happens around 5:30 pm. Staff would usually leave the shop around 6:00 pm and not get paid for the thirty minutes. This is a regular scene for all sales staff that work in Domayne.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours and not getting paid for the extra hours that happen daily.
productive and fun working environment
Homewares Sales -F/T (Former Employee) –  Albion Park Rail15 January 2013
Customer where not always nice but they always gave you a sale.
The commissions weren't so bad. the hours where good. The pay was good.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
staff where not very friendy

Want to know more about Domayne?

Ask a question