Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia1,581 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 1,581 reviews matching the searchSee all 35,366 reviews

Bit of a bad culture

Constantly overworked as an e-bike delivery driver, would work over time and receive no pay. The incentive was I could become a manager, kept wanting me to work extra even when I couldn’t telling me if I could I could “rise up very high here”

They prey on lonely people

Easy to make a bunch of people who don't fit in when you give them all the same task and make them work together, however nice that sounds, the exploitation of that house-made sense of morale is the true killer of personalities.

Pros

free garlic bread

Cons

existential dread

It was good

Was a great experience. Very productive and was a good job to begin with. Work-life balance was ok and depends on the amount of shifts you get on a weekly basis.

Long hours and no breaks

It was an okay job but mentally and physically exhausting. They left me to work alone during busy rush hours as a teenage relatively new employee. Pay was minimum for the stress endured. Management has bad communication

Poor work life balance

Only care about making money, no care about burning out of employees. Driver and customer service positions are okay but as soon as you become a manager they own you.

Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

I fulfilled my Ryan Gosling ’I drive’ dream at dominos

Working at dominos has been my favourite experience in the food service industry by far.Getting paid to drive around, listen to music & make people happy is awesome, and when I’m not on the road my coworkers make every moment enjoyable. The morale in our workplace is incredibly high, always. Surprisingly I’ve learned a few skills- this job does require problem solving from time to time, but for the most part you can do everything with your eyes closed- and for decent pay too. All you really need for this job is a drivers license, time efficiency, initiative and social skills. And quick comebacks. Because those instores can be brutal 😭If you have great coworkers, nothing about this job seems bad. Cleaning kinda sucks but it’s a shared workload. Dealing with customers is a double edged sword- people can either be the sweetest souls you have ever met or downright awful. Trying to find someone’s house at 10pm with no streetlights and no house number can be a nightmare but honestly, you get used to it. ps. Bring a torch.

Pros

Discounts and free food, great coworkers, flexible hours

Fun, Keeps you fit, Good environment and team to work with, Extra pay in commission

Relaxing once you know what to do and understand how the work days flow. Customer service and customer social skills. Fun, joking work place culture. Hard work and sweat. Able to listen to music/ podcasts

Pros

Music, Discounts

Cons

Work later then your shift times.

It was ok

Overall the job was quite good, the team I worked with were lovely and there was a fun balance of jobs to do, the franchisee however was not good, made the job difficult due to poor treatment

Not just driving

Working as a delivery driver isn't just about driving and delivering pizzas, when the store is quiet you are expected to prepare and clean around the shop. driving is fun but they dont pay fuel levy when you have your own vehicle (atleast not in my case)

ok

What stands out the most is the cohesive team dynamic; colleagues aren't just coworkers but supportive allies in achieving common goals. The company's recognition of hard work and dedication by providing avenues for career advancement is commendable. My time here has not only honed my professional skills but also enriched my personal growth.

Good work life balance

Enjoyed working here and easy to get bonuses, really enjoyed my time at dominos! Would absolutely reccomend to teenagers or even semi retired persons

Chill and Easy Job

I mostly do delivery driving. When there aren't any deliveries, drivers will clean work benches, containers etc. Gets hectic in store around 6pm - 8pm but it's pretty peaceful when you're out on a delivery. Even more fun if you get to drive the company cars but that depends on the store you work at. Overall would recommend as a first job / for someone who just got their P's.

Ok to work at

Pretty good, horrible pay. Don’t feel supported by upper management at all. Would only get 3 hours shift once a week which is not enough and felt looked over in all my work

Good for uni

Good for uni cos shifts are mostly in the evening. Have to work on weekend nights tho which is annoying also u will most likely always finish later than u are supposed to

Good place to work most of the time.

When you have a good manager, and good employees around you, Dominos is a great place to work.It is only let down by the sometimes dangerous customers you deliver to, or dangerous people in the areas you deliver to.

Understaffed all the time

Delivery Overload, don’t pay you for fuel when they said they would, everyone is rude including customers. They do not care about you and they will manipulate you.

Fun workplace, terribly run

Although some might argue that the store runs pretty bad. Location of the store is the downfall of this place, not the people. While working here I’ve had a pretty good time. Working as a delivery driver part time is an easy way to make some small income to start with. Do I recommend this job to everyone? No, but when you have employees who you know and are friendly, the shifts go by fast and mainting the store’s values isn’t that hard once you train

Cons

Bad management

Pretty good

It’s ok

Depends how the other people who you work with. If you are a delivery driver make sure you are prepared to put on a lot of kilometres on it and be mindful that even though you get compensated ablut 50c per km you will bring the value of your car down, it will stink, other maintenance such as oil, tyres etc will be more frequent so doesn’t really pay out unless you got a throw away car

Find a good team

I've done the rounds with DPE a couple of times now, and how your work experience is, is wholly based on who you work with. If you want to move into management you really need to make sure your store management is okay with that and doesn't feel threatened. As a company in general I love them, but it's on the floor where you will have most of your issues.

Pros

Flexible work, great team, quality training

Cons

Bad customers, sometimes bad management

Last job that I would take, if I had a choice at the time.

What is the best part of working at the company?Very rewardless experience I have experiencedWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Always chasing time and worrying that something has been forgotten or not up to customer standard.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very dirty kitchen work area, culture was fair.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Run run run, drive drive drive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd with

Learn about Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd in popular locations

• Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?