Domino's Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 19,837 reviews
an easy job
Customer service and delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 April 2019
making dough
prepping the stuff
cleaning the store
taking orders
attending calls
solving any customer's issue
quality is the primary factor
signing out of deliveries in time
The worst workplace ever
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 April 2019
Actually it is not an actual domino. Its the francihise. We have one very cruel manager. Who thinks when a person is on training he should work for free and he should learn everything in one go.
Pros
Pizza discount
Cons
Worst manager
Fantastic place to work
Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 October 2018
MANAGEMENT
My boss is fantastic, he is more like a friend, and often he hosts party's for all the staff and we all get along really well.
There is always a designated manager present, which means there is always a genuine pizza expert in store who you can always ask for help. (I say this because I know other fast food chains that do not do this). Its an incredibly friendly environment.

TYPICAL DAY
Arrive,
Tag your vehicle and take a new photo (yes a new one each day)
A delivery pops up on the screen,
Check if there are any drinks or a mouse ect.
Remember where to go (Some people have a GPS, you don't really need it after a while).
Sign out
Drive there with pizza
Take payment (Cash is the worst as they give you what is basically a pencil with money in it)
Sometimes get tip :)
Drive back to store
Sign back in

When your not on delivery, you will (mostly):
Do the dishes (its cool, there is a dishwasher, one of the easiest jobs)
Clean, (there is A LOT of cleaning, its not that bad though)
Take out the rubbish and check the bins
After a while you will learn how to make pizzas as well and will help if you can (you will probably cut them more than make them)
Talk to friends (while working)
Serve customers (This is really easy, but for some reason the system does not automatically apply a meal deals to your order, so if i'm taking a while be patient I'm probably trying to save you money)
Have fun!

THE HARDEST PARTS OF THE JOB

Navigation

This is easy after a while (and one of the best bits) as you learn where all the streets are and know all
  more... the shortcuts, but sometimes you you sill get odd orders that have the wrong address, or are just down 25 obscure streets you never go down and difficult to remember.

Leaning to use the order system

I still don't know what 99% of the buttons do, you don't use them anyway. But there is defiantly a learning curve there. If you want to do your best by the customer you have to remember whats on sale so that you can give them a discount if possible (its not automatic). Customers will be upset if they are overcharged, and if you can offer them say an extra garlic bread with their order not just for free, but for 0.50c less they will be ecstatic and will probably come back. (at my store 2 cans are $2.75, there is a deal for 2 cans + a garlic bread for $5).

Giving cash change on delivery

They give you a pencil case with money in it, its hard enough looking for a green pencil, yet alone the obscure 0.05c at the back somewhere, buried under blankets of notes in the middle of the night.

Cleaning the dough machine- Not hard, but its defiantly the least fun thing.

Night time - cant see house numbers numbers... (also houses that don't have a number, so you have to check the neighbour).

Hours can vary A LOT. I work near a uni, and during the latter months, and during breaks it is very quiet and hours can be few and far between. (Although some staff go on holidays so its normally not too bad).

THE BEST PARTS OF THE JOB

Hanging out with friends and getting payed for it

Making costumers happy by giving them a good deal. (I know this sounds cheesy, but its really nice and they value you for it)

Definitely the deliveries
I'm a scooter driver and its the best thing ever (Despite the cheap scooter). Driving around all the shortcuts and knowing they way to someones house better then they probably do. That feeling when someone says "Wow, that was FAST!". Sometimes kids answer they door, and for them its the most exciting thing ever, (be careful though, mum may not be happy with doped pizza).

Just about everything

Discounts!!!!

PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY!!!!!
Domino's is one of the highest payed first jobs. I'm 21 and earn around $23 an hour (casual). You get payed penalty rates for weekends and past 10pm weekdays and overtime. (you tend not work work overtime though) I earn $30 + on Sundays.

SKILLS YOU NEED FOR THE JOB

Ability to talk. You don't need to be confident, this job will do that for you (trust me, I wouldn't even talk to lectures at uni I was so nervous before I started).

Desire to do a good job (For everyone). Do a good job for the customer, the company and the staff. Don't rip anyone off or give your friends free pizza, don't insult anyone (pretty simple really).

Drivers Licence (sort of). Ebike riders are a thing now (although I would stress that personally I would recommended getting a full licence or at the very least a learners with a few practice hours in the car).
TO ANY PARENTS OF YOUNG APPLICANTS you can be seriously injured if you don't know the road rules (and sometimes even if you do), I have heard horror stores of Ebike riders been hospitalised because they pulled out in front of people, or don't know how to turn at traffic lights. Having some experience of driving would really help.

Be a confident driver. You don't speed at Domino's, but if your stuck there too scared to make a left hand in a 3 minute gap, well... But if you have passed your test this should be fine

APPLICATION TIPS

Dress for success.

It's not the sort of job that you need to come in a suit for the interview, but I did and it really does show if your wiling to put in the effort.

Don't be daunted. Interviews are scary, but only because you are new. The interviewer understands this and wont mind so long as they think your a good candidate.

Rumours. I hear a lot of people say they wont get a job because they are not Indian or don't speak Hindi. FACT: there are a lot of Indian's who work here. But that's because 90% of people who apply are Indian. So long as you put in a good days work and respect others they don't care, if anything they are probably looking to diversify their staff. (I'm white and I got the job).

Hand in your resume in store AND apply online. If they ask why you did it twice just tell them your eager for the job. Most people get the job because they hand a resume in person. Although there are exceptions like myself.
Pros
Fun, Cheap meals, great envrioment
Cons
Variable hours
Fast paced environment
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 August 2018
- managing staff
- Learnt management
- Good senior mnagement
- culture is a fast paced stressful envirionment
- Enjoyed meeting targets and KPI,S
- Didnt enjoy working nights
Pros
free lunched
Cons
working nights
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 May 2018
Perfect for a first job, Good pay and lets you work in an environment that isnt scary nor negative. All training and help is provided to allow you to excel
It was an average job
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne22 January 2018
A typical day working at dominos would consist of me cleaning the kitchen, taking orders and delivering pizza. The workplace culture at Domino's pizza was good.
Pros
My colleagues were good people to be around
Cons
Not many hours were given
Good place to learn the value of time helps in gaining the good comminication skills on call.
Domino's pizza delieveries (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2018
while working here in dominos u learn how to deliver every order on time and do all the tasks assigned to u on time which helps u to learn management of time as well.. while taking calls on phone helps u to retain experience for productive communication skills.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
insufficient hours and insufficient management
productive
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 September 2017
Developed skills working in fast paced environment. It was a good experience to learn about working in a team and making team work effectively. Serving customers and interacting with them was really helpful to boost my confidence level.
Stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2017
Fun environment to work. I really liked to work there, its fun and I met great people. It was a challenging environment. I would recommend this place to others.
Productive and fun workplace - word hard play hard
Customer Service/Pizza Maker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 July 2017
Always lots of work to be done depending on the role in the store. For example, physical advertising, serving customers, preparing for the coming days, cleaning and actually making pizzas. As a driver as well there is plenty of variety in the work day.
Pros
Free Pizza!
Cons
Uncertain work hours
Best place to work , very good work environment. managers are cooperative. Learned to make all sorts of pizzas. There is no hardest part of this job.
Delivery boy (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 April 2017
Great company and a good working environment to get involved! unfortunately i wasn't available at the time as i was busy with sport and just stopped working! Don't have a negative word about this company as they are determined and encouraging!
fun workplace
Fast food (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2017
I love cooking and pizza is my all time favourite food and yeah it was a great work place I really enjoyed it and spent at least 1 week working here even tho they don't no how to clean
Pros
free nothing
Cons
long hourses
very satisfied with the work and the company
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 February 2017
not a typical day at work since ,learned many things regarding character and work,a very good managment,enjoyablbe work since
good
store manager in different stores around Victoria (Former Employee) –  Melbourne6 February 2017
Dominos: I worked as a store manager in different stores around Victoria, Australia for about 5 years. I was responsible for ensuring that the whole chain of fast food is working flawlessly. My work style emphasized teamwork which in turn, engenders customer satisfaction and recurring business. I comprehend the need for constantly supervising all preparation activities and other aspects of operational management
Dominos
Dominos (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2017
Its a suitable environment for everyone, however the pay isnt that great. It does get busy and the pressure does come in however the managers are great and have it under control most the times.
Good place for learner working in hard environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2017
It was my first job it was hard working there as I was learning work there . The overall experience was fine and the payrate was bit was low but thats ok as my first job.
Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2017
Company helps you in letting you know your capabilities and abilities in busy times.I learned working with different types of people under different circumstances.The overall experience was good.Working with whole team is a fun environment.
Cons
No proper job security
place with good friends and lots of fun and hard work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 November 2016
I don't know anyone before I join dominos, after one week of my joining I made friends and everyone are very close to me now and are fun loving. we enjoy working with dominos. the work here is a mix of fun and hard work.
Good first job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 August 2016
Good learning experience, met some great people along the way. Good work/life balance, with flexible hours, works well if you study during the day and want to work evenings/nights.
Pros
flexible hours
good place to work
store manager domino,s pizza (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 June 2016
had a great work experience in cleaning.
Increased work efficiency.
learnt good management skill. also learnt team work and how to face different task at work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K