Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd
Domino's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd Pay & Benefits reviews: Assistant Store Manager

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
2.8Pay & Benefits

Found 73 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,830 reviews

Not too intensive, but hours can be long and unpredictable.

You will find out your schedule the week of and on any given day your out time is never a guarantee. Pay is not too great starting out but if you move up you can make much more, but the cost of this is your personal life. Driving is a good gig if you have the vehicle for it.

Pros

Many opportunities, free pizza, relatively easy work

Cons

No breaks, unpredictable schedule, rude customers

Not a forever job

Job is not meant forever. People are very competitive and will turn on you. Also the pay is very low for the stress you put into the job. Better working as a driver.

Single worst company ever

Worst job i have ever held. Everything was rotten from the Team Washington CEO down to the drivers. Very intolerant company. Poor benefits, even for management. Terrible food and health records and quality.

Pros

Cons

Corporate management, store management

It was fun

It was a fun environment when I was younger, but definitely not a career. No benefits, but you do gwt free pizza and get to meet a bunch of new people.

Turns out to be a bust

I worked for the company for about 4 years , in different states and was promoted to management within the first 2 years. As management team, employees were rude, disrespectful, lazy, and that would be on a good day. The pay rate is BS also. You don’t get breaks, constantly on your feet, running around because no-one wanting to help out. Upper management is terrible at helping with employees interactions/conflicts. I would, honestly, not recommend anyone I know to work for this company. Also, they do NOT offer paid time, or health benefits. I don’t understand why that is in the job listing.

Pros

Free Meals, Lots of Hours.

Cons

Disrespectful/Rude Employees, No Breaks.

Zero Stars

The pay is minimal, scheduling is sporadic and work is fast paced and stressful, with no breaks given even for long shifts. They do not care at all about their employees, and there is no recourse for employees with complaints since they do not have an HR department. Have a problem with management, getting screwed on hours or have an issue with your paycheck? Too bad, there is nothing you can do. Most stores are franchises so experience may vary depending on the owner.Driving for Dominos would be significantly better. Less stressful and at least you make tips. Definitely deliver rather than working inside if you have the choice.

Pros

Its a job, if you can't find anything else

Cons

Everything about the job

Only good for work/life balance

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Domino's is goodPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Domino's are terribleJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Domino's, I think its okManagementIn general, managers at Domino's are lazyCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Domino's is easyOverallMy experience working at Domino's is ok

it’s a good place to work!

I learned a lot about customer service skills & management skills. I worked an average of 40 hrs per week while in school. This job is flexible with hours & it’s a great working environment

Not a place anyone wants to work

You work your butt off for your entire shift with maybe a 10 minute break. Franchise and corporate don’t care what’s happening to you. The franchise owner in Shawano is horrible. He don’t care if you run yourself to the ground working your butt off you will never get a raise. Between the owner and district they make sure that your over worked and under paid. Only thing that’s worried about is making them money.

Double standard company

No holiday pays, no overtime even straight duty bcoz of no reliever manager. Double standards when it comes to policies. Can't follow own international standard.

Depends on co-workers and employees

Worked Domino’s as an AM for 2 years at one location with one franchise, and then a different franchise as a driver for one year. Bottom line, it just depends who and where you work with. If your GM is competent and customers are friendly then it’s an enjoyable job. It’s just when the work environment sucks that the job really isn’t worth it.

Great advancement opportunities.

Fun fast paced place of employment. Plenty of advancement opportunities within the company. Health care benefits at reasonable costs for either a single person or families.

Supervisor never really fixed any issues and wouldnt write up coworkers that were inappropriate

I had issues with how some of the employees would at inappropriately in the store and many times I was working 60+ hours a week. I dont mind the work just need benefits

Inconsistent hours, high stress, low pay

The Dominos model is backward and unsustainable by nature. While drivers are making ~$20/hr from tips, Assistant Managers make $1-2/hr over minimum wage with no paid vacation or bonus opportunities. This makes it extremely difficult to attract qualified individuals to fill and remain in those roles resulting in a high turnover rate and an unstable and unpredictable work environment.

Walk away and don’t look back

You won’t get anywhere under a franchise. I made that mistake. I worked way to hard with no compensation. I didn’t get any time with my family because I was always at work. Then I didn’t get proper management wages. As an assistant store manager I only made 90cents more then all other employees. That’s horsedoodoo

It's pizza

If you want to make money, work as many hours as you can delivering pizza. As the snow falls, your deliveries will increase. When I was working up there I was making 20 an hour (hourly, mileage, and tips). definitely worth it.

Pros

Money, free pizza, real casual work environment

Cons

driving in snow isn't the best

Okay place to work

Working for Dominos is extremely stressful, they ask the employees to do so much but only pay them minimum wage. Did not like to give raises. Did not care about employee issues. Its too many friendships and sweeping stuff under the rug.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management Unfair Pay

don't trust anything the higher ups say

Promised promotion promised pay raise promised paid leave what did I get nothing but lies and complete debauchery of higher management when I say do not trust higher management I mean do not trust them because they won't lie to you every step of the way just that you can work you in Tire life she has to make them more money and you make nothing so yeah I'm not recommending this job this job is literally a stepping-stone if anything that's the only thing you use it

Not what it seems!

Only intended to be a part time job for extra money. High school and college kids kind of job. If a driver dont count on tips if working during the day and expect to be stiffed quite a few times every single day. If assistant manager and work day hours expect to do 3 other postions on top of your own with 1 driver until 11 & then 2 drivers in and out of the store constantly leavi g very little help in the store.

Almost enjoyable

Always busy environment, sometimes working crazy hours as manager. Depends on the shop but you can easily do 65+ hours sometimes. If you have good colleagues, you can actually enjoy this job with sometimes having a good laugh. Wages are not outstanding but for a start and gain experience in hospitality this job is perfect.

Pros

Flexible hours if required, free meals and bonus

Cons

Long hours, pay rise is hard to achieve

Smaller frachises are better

Worked 2 different franchises. Now asst. Manager at smaller one. Much better. Know the owner, who cares about his people. Hard work. Long hours, but worth it. Have to work with different personalities, which can be difficult at times. Started as a driver at large franchise. All about the bottom line. Wore my truck out for little compensation. Spent more on upkeep and repairs than I made. I've learned, thru experience, that most of the drivers are lazy and just want to drive. Have to stay on them to actually get anything done. Advancement is possible if you're willing to work for it. When I left the Covington Ga store, most of my coworkers followed me to the new franchise. All management now

Pros

You become family

Cons

No benefits, lazy coworkers, rude customers