Doors Plus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Doors Plus Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
Featured review
Doors Plus selected this as a representative review
Great relationships with management & other team members. Opportunities are there for everyone who wants to work hard. Company does not limit possibilities or your ability. You look after your own clients/leads - run your own career path. Limitless potential.
Never seem to have enough time to complete all the work I want to. There's always more to do. I have high expectations of myself, so I want to get more done than time allows.
Pros
No limits to commissions/ progression
Cons
Not enough time to complete all the work I want to
You be lucky if you can serve the customer because the most senior sales person has the first right to serve the customer. In other words, new sales person can serve the customers when the senior sales persons are busy with other customers. If you know what I mean. No matter if you see a customer or not but your personal target will be there. You can be a good sales person but if you have no chance to see a customer, whom do you sell. But the upper level management counts on your sales figure. Finally, your success does not depend on you or your skills but other factors like carpenters, the team leader and your team member.
Pros
uniform
Cons
too long hours
Worst experience of my life,look elsewhere before going to doors plus,long tedious hours doing very little all day, heavy lifting, no health and safety adhered to, kpi difficult to achieve
From the interview to present I have found DoorsPlus to be a great place to work. The job is always given to those willing to work hard and progress even if they have no knowledge of how to get there yet. Comprehensive training both online and in store is provided by the company and all resources are available to make you excel.
Probably the best part of the job is the earning potential. The commission structure is fairly and clearly laid out and is uncapped, meaning that you are in control of how much you earn. On top of all that you are rewarded with a cash bonus and free holiday if you excel above the average. This is all handed to you every year at a beautiful venue with great food and accommodation all FREE! And to top it all off you also get rewards like trophies and fun surprises to reward the hard work.

It's truly a great place to work if you are willing to work hard and be committed.

Would recommend to all!
When I started I had a lot to learn about everything, culture, doors, sales. I came from another environment so I adjusted quickly to this, the training was online and there was a lot but now we have more face to face training, which is great.
Pros
Good work ethics and balance
Cons
Big days, long hours to achieve what I want
Hi
i worked for doors plus. the environment is toxic. mangement encourages bullying culture. upper mangement is just dogs breakfast. staff stabs at your back.
Good to start with; as time went on for me, it got more stressful to work there. All warehouse workers were treated unfairly; there was no reason to want to work there anymore, the more effort you gave them, the less you got back.
Drug addicted staff.. mentally unstable manager..employees cheating each other for reputation credit..unachievable targets..I ended up a nervous wreck during my employment..I genuinely believe I can hold my own, but I would turn up for work and say to myself "am I going to die today? Due to someone else's negligence or a deliberate attempt at my life" that's fine for a prison yard..not a workplace
Great company to work. Very good salary structure. Long working hours but rewards follow.
Paid holidays once you achieve targets and good reward system. Prizes throughout the year.
Doors plus is great when you love talking to people, love learning and growing in a great career. A typical day is mostly speaking to customers you have your great ones that you could talk to forever but then you have the ones you can’t wait for them to leave but you get that everywhere. The learning is great, the first company l have been to that the actual directors come and train which is awesome, this shows me how much they want you to grow. Great place with great people.
I began working with this company straight after school, starting at an entry level position.
Throughout my time I have been educated and mentored in many areas of the business and given a plethora of opportunities.

The team environment is a positive one where everyone works together to get the job done.

The management team encourage and nurture your strengths to help you to succeed.

Every day is different for me which is something that I enjoy. I am given the chance to be creative and utilise my talents and interests.

When I became a parent it was encouraged that I work from home, and I was provided with a full set up and support.

My transition back to work has been easy because of this.
Coming from someone with no sales background experience upon starting my employment with Doors Plus.
The company has been an incredible journey of self development

With the consistent support and guidance from other sales members, management and directors to ensure the best that I can become to maximise my earning potential.

The recognition of the achievements we make within the company are excellent and there is always something to keep you motivated and hungry to push on.
I work to book orders, deliveries and to assist store requests. My roll is continuously changing and adapting as the company grows.
I have worked with Doors plus for more than two years, I started off new to administration and system management, they helped me to grow and I was rewarded for my efforts. During my time I have worked for various teams and have been supported throughout with any challenges I have faced.
It’s a great company, no one has the quality we do or the service we do, the customers we have know we are the best and they come back for it. It’s a stable company, so you always feel secure and the product training is great. There are a lot of resources, so your never alone.
There are videos, check ups and face to face training with industry leaders.

They really invest in opportunities and training for staff.
Doors plus is an excellent company to work for, if you are willing to put the time and effort in you can earn more than double your base salary. The directors of the company are directly involved in training the new staff which is a great thing you do not see with many other company’s.
Unqualified salesman with no knowledge of carpentry selling bad quality products. Trying to turn 💩 into gold every day, and all down time is on me. No responsibility will be taken by head office or office manager.
A typical day at work is driven by you. There's always something you can do if you want it.
I've learned great sales techniques, how to work with targets & KPIs, how to approach customers from different backgrounds with different needs and to take pride in my appearance while at work.

Management are supportive most of the time, but can fall down in times of need on occasion. Management take time out to see how I'm going and get to know me. They are passionate about what they do.

I love the culture of my store. We work together like a family towards a common goal.

The hardest part of the job is trying to finalise an order when a customer is hard to contact. Also trying to please every customer.

The best part about coming to work in the morning is knowing that I'm not going to bored. There are targets to be met, but the main pressure comes from yourself. You want to work hard because you know that's where your results & success comes from. The recognition for a good job comes in the pay check at the end of the week.

If you're wanting a lazy, easy job, you won't find it here.
Pros
Good team environment, friendly company-wide competition, helping people with the best solution
Cons
Can be stressful at times juggling multiple tasks with deadlines, dealing with general public
Following up is very important. Always have to be ready for customers to walk in the front door. Each day is different, with different people and different things to do. Different customers are a different challenge everyday. Building relationships and getting them to talk to you can be the biggest challenge some days.

I've learned to face my weaknesses and mistakes head on, to become better at my job.

The support office is great, Higher management is approachable & supportive with a diverse range of management styles. The change of command allows issues to be dealt with properly. The sales manager provides a lot of experience to learn from and inspires me to do better.

Good positive team culture within the branch with experience all around to answer any questions I have.

The hardest part is relating to such a diverse range of customers and finding the best solution possible for their situation, resolving any issues that arise.

Depending on the branch, opportunities for advancement to Team Leader are more or less available.
Pros
You get out what you put in. If you are prepared to work hard, you'll get the rewards. I enjoy coming to work because I get rewarded for doing a good job.
Cons
Working hours can be long due to measure and quotes, but I enjoy doing them because the more I do the more I make
Love working with the people - both customers & staff. The systems and procedures are well thought out and work well.
Uncapped commissions!!!

Great team environment.
Pros
People, systems, $$$
Cons
Internal communication channels
my experiece of working in doors plus was quite good
i enjoyed working as a team player there

john cota guide me well as a junior

someone willing to work in doors plus should have good selling skills
Pros
good management
Cons
Lack of training and support, inferior quality materials and ripped off in the end, short paid $2,000. Went to head office and did not do anything about it.