Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Management is the biggest bully. To be told by the managers that you get paid enough for what you do is a slap in the face. Pathology colllector is the face of this company but are looked down on by the bully management.
Pros
Was good few years ago.
Cons
Is going down hill .
Working at a computer all day was the only downfall for me personally, everything else about the job was great. The management/supervisors are extremely helpful, the working area has a relaxed feel though it can get very busy at times. Really enjoyed my time there.
DHM staff is amicable and also the management. Great team environment. They offer successful training methods, evaluating methods. They want always to maintain better performance management and still give accurate results to the patients.
the pay is very low for high skilled staff, there is no room for advancement as none is offered. If you manage to get into a specialist position there is no extra pay or recommission of skills. constantly short staffed putting extra demand on existing staff with no compensation.
Pros
free pathology
Cons
low pay, no advancment
The patients are lovely . However if you want to be bullied , unappreciated, underpaid Dhm is the place to be . Management and training are pathetic unorganised and unprofessional.
Pros
Supporting the patients
Cons
Management and lousy pay
Terrible place to work
Stressful, underpaid and the trainers, manager is up them self.

Too much gossiping and everyone pretends to like each other.

Work as a cleaner better than a collector

Rubbish job
Pros
Not much honestly
Cons
Management rude and couldn’t care less
Not worth the stress, the workload is too much, underplayed and not enough staff.
Working anywhere else, you will get payed better and have less stress dealing with trainers and patients who are rude if you miss a vein. And you will miss a vein. Even the collectors and trainers that work there for years still miss.
Cons
If you are not liked by management they bully you. You can, at times, work on your own with grand expectations to succeed at the impossible. No appreciation or compliments for your hard work. You do everything from reception to cleaning to specimen reception to data entry as well as you collecting job all for Bad pay, and just about no chance of an increase. Years of service and ability to perform your job extremely well or do extra/restricted procedures are not taken into account for pay increases. If you are liked by management and have no voice or opinion of your own you will be given a higher wage than someone with years of excellent qualifications, loyalty and experience.
Pros
Interaction with public
Cons
Bad management unless they favour you
Data Entry: I entered pathology data was into the computer. Great team to work with. Shared babysitting arrangement with my husband. He looked after our children after business hours, whilst I worked evening/night shift.
Pros
evening/night shift
Cons
long way from home
Good colleagues and nice work environment. The company will train you how to do the procedures and you will get certificate iii after 1 year of training program.
Good atmosphere to work in, but during the day shift only. All of the pathology staff were friendly and capable. The hospital staff were less friendly and less competent than I was used to. The nurses were rude and did not know how to collect blood and most of the experienced ones refused during the night shift leaving ALL of the hospital's collections in the afternoon/evenings to the lone lab staff member. Lab manager was lovely but the division of hours in the roster was terrible. All of the day shifts were unfairly reserved for the long term staff and the remaining shifts were on a short notice chop and change arrangement. Be prepared to lose your weekend as you won't get two days off in a row. High new staff turn over. Public transport timing was horrible and there were just enough parking spaces for everyone with the exception of the afternoon staff member. I was not the first and I won't be the last to leave during my probation period, of that I am certain. Pay was low but adequate for the role however it was insufficient for the stresses associated with out of regular business hours operations. Even though I have no dependant children I can say this role will not be good for someone with a family or a partner.
Pros
Lab staff were friendly and the job was not difficult.
Cons
Very ridiculous roster system that is inflexible. Poor work/life balance.
I have worked in a pleasant environment. I was given an opportunity to improved my skills and I have work with different people in different backgrounds. It's a busy job but very enjoyable because I have a good and fair Manager.
Specimen reception in cytology, preparing samples, from slides to sputum's and urine for cytologist review, trouble shooting. Learned time management here , co workers were all great, very friendly, very happy to help out, nothing was hard about the job, everything was enjoyable about the job, something new every day
Pros
flexible
Cons
nothing
Working in a busy collection centre environment
Assisting patients with inquiries and instructions regarding pathology collection procedures
Pros
Meeting a wide variety of people