Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology Employee Reviews

Run away
Collector phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 April 2019
Terrible place to work
Stressful, underpaid and the trainers, manager is up them self.
Too much gossiping and everyone pretends to like each other.
Work as a cleaner better than a collector
Rubbish job
Pros
Not much honestly
Cons
Management rude and couldn’t care less
Work anywhere else but not here
Collector (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 April 2019
Not worth the stress, the workload is too much, underplayed and not enough staff.
Working anywhere else, you will get payed better and have less stress dealing with trainers and patients who are rude if you miss a vein. And you will miss a vein. Even the collectors and trainers that work there for years still miss.
Cons
Not paid what you are worth. You are paid on a basis of how well you are liked by supervisors and management!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 March 2018
If you are not liked by management they bully you. You can, at times, work on your own with grand expectations to succeed at the impossible. No appreciation or compliments for your hard work. You do everything from reception to cleaning to specimen reception to data entry as well as you collecting job all for Bad pay, and just about no chance of an increase. Years of service and ability to perform your job extremely well or do extra/restricted procedures are not taken into account for pay increases. If you are liked by management and have no voice or opinion of your own you will be given a higher wage than someone with years of excellent qualifications, loyalty and experience.
Pros
Interaction with public
Cons
Bad management unless they favour you
Afternoon - Night shift
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW19 September 2017
Data Entry: I entered pathology data was into the computer. Great team to work with. Shared babysitting arrangement with my husband. He looked after our children after business hours, whilst I worked evening/night shift.
Pros
evening/night shift
Cons
long way from home
Nice company
Pathology Collector (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW20 February 2017
Good colleagues and nice work environment. The company will train you how to do the procedures and you will get certificate iii after 1 year of training program.
Job not as advertised. Be prepared to lose work/life balance and risk your health.
Scientific officer (Health Professional) (Former Employee) –  Macquarie University NSW13 December 2016
Good atmosphere to work in, but during the day shift only. All of the pathology staff were friendly and capable. The hospital staff were less friendly and less competent than I was used to. The nurses were rude and did not know how to collect blood and most of the experienced ones refused during the night shift leaving ALL of the hospital's collections in the afternoon/evenings to the lone lab staff member. Lab manager was lovely but the division of hours in the roster was terrible. All of the day shifts were unfairly reserved for the long term staff and the remaining shifts were on a short notice chop and change arrangement. Be prepared to lose your weekend as you won't get two days off in a row. High new staff turn over. Public transport timing was horrible and there were just enough parking spaces for everyone with the exception of the afternoon staff member. I was not the first and I won't be the last to leave during my probation period, of that I am certain. Pay was low but adequate for the role however it was insufficient for the stresses associated with out of regular business hours operations. Even though I have no dependant children I can say this role will not be good for someone with a family or a partner.
Pros
Lab staff were friendly and the job was not difficult.
Cons
Very ridiculous roster system that is inflexible. Poor work/life balance.
any
Pathology Collector (Former Employee) –  Collector NSW27 July 2016
I have worked in a pleasant environment. I was given an opportunity to improved my skills and I have work with different people in different backgrounds. It's a busy job but very enjoyable because I have a good and fair Manager.
Technical Officer
Cytology Technical officer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde, NSW28 September 2015
Specimen reception in cytology, preparing samples, from slides to sputum's and urine for cytologist review, trouble shooting. Learned time management here , co workers were all great, very friendly, very happy to help out, nothing was hard about the job, everything was enjoyable about the job, something new every day
Pros
flexible
Cons
nothing
Large established company to work for / On-job training provided
Pathology Aide / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Central Coast, NSW2 June 2015
Working in a busy collection centre environment
Assisting patients with inquiries and instructions regarding pathology collection procedures
Pros
Meeting a wide variety of people