Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Downer Group reviews

Downer Group

Downer Group Employee Review

Snr Electrical Engineer

Downer has a changing culture dependent very much on the Area and local Project Management of the particular Project. There is a strong work ethic and loyalty from seasoned Project team members and the teams seem to be chosen by word of mouth - strong politics are involved and a high standard is demanded. I was involved in 3 FIFO Projects and overall I enjoyed my time there.

Same role

FIFO lifestyle & conditions are similar to other companies

Dynamic fast paced role typical of mining construction projects. Seeing the project evolve and coming to life is very rewarding. Has the usual challenges & time constraints of remote sites.
Same location

Good working environment, some management issues

I enjoyed my time with Downers. The work environment and the crew were good. Sometimes there were management issues which would delay the works.
Same location

concentrate on job, then go home

To be honest. The workman in Australia, have too many issues and bad work ethic. Especially Downer , Vic. I wouldnt work with them again. They seem to think their EBA, is better than any other. All management came from Geelong. They would rather wait for a little rain to come, instead of actually working. My Supervisor from South Africa didnt want me too leave. But i put up with enough immature people. Safety went out the window. The wrong flagging used when hydrotesting, if they actually put it up...! Threats from workman, because the bledisloe cup was on, which was disputed by most people to watch. Because they dont watch or support that sport. AFL only. So i had to leave early with others.

Pros

safety lady bringing ice blocks around site.

Cons

Bad work attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Downer Group