Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Downer Group reviews

Downer Group

Downer Group Employee Review

The company fell away once the old manager left the business

Getting all supervisors to agree on scheduled times for training and safety related meeting and issues. That made it very hard to get the message across to all the employees in a timely manner

Pros

Most of the guys were good to work for

Cons

New manager was hard to deal with.

Same role

Poor management

Lack of respect and support for the HSE department. Supervisors not demonstrating good work ethics.

Pros

Support from all the work crews

Cons

Lack of support from management
Same role

A grewat place to work and assist to drive saafety programe.

A typical day would be, read emails from previous day, attend prestart meeting. Update registers as required, Go out into the field and visit work groups and speak to them to ensure that there are no safety or general concerns. Return to the office and discus any concerns with management. If changes are required complete these changes and ensure that they are fully communicated to the crew. From this project I have learned traffic management skills having gained a basic traffic management ticket. This has allowed me to view traffic management set ups and ensure that they are safe and correct, I also have a better understanding of road maintenance principles. The hardest part of this job was to convince senior management of the need to have a construction risk assessment so that we could look at our most serious risks and plan for changes.. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the managers and crew, They would come to us with ideas and most of the time they would recommend improvements, we were able to make some changes for them .

Pros

A goodd safety culture.

Cons

Some upper managers are resistant to safetty concerns.
Same location

Workplace is good and well ventilated

Company is very supportive to the workers. The management is looking after the workers. The communication between the workers and the management is well planned. It is so good to work this company because there is no decrimination they also avoid bullying, so the workers are working as one and has teamwork. Abuot the salary they give as upto date on weekly basis.

Pros

Byo

Cons

12 hrs daily mon-fri

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Downer Group
  • The company fell away once the old manager left the business