Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews in Blackwater QLD

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good Company to work for. Good Culture.

Have worked under BMA with Downer Mining. Downer keeps thing simple with a lot of discipline. BMA make a lot of changes to policies and over complicates matters. Over all I enjoy working in the mining industry I have done so with working for OEM,s and directly working for Contractors over most of my life.

If it wasn’t for the camaraderie among workers the place would be intolerable

Management have a bully response to any real and genuine concerns as they find it easier to shut it down and belittle people with their arrogant attitudes rather than try to actually resolve real problems and issues. Lots of friends and relatives make it into roles that would have been better suited to other more qualified and experienced people. It is quite a depressing place to work and the staff turnover and absenteeism directly reflect that.

Pros

It pays the bills

Cons

Some of the management only have a position because they have a mate in a higher role, Some are just terrible and sad people that are way out of touch and lack basic people skills.

Boilermaker/ welder

I liked this job they had a family friendly roster 10/4 ... great job .. good leadership team. Well organized. The right gear.. good job to work on..

Pros

Dream roster

Cons

It wasnt long enough

not a nice crowd

management have no respect for the real workforce and is made up of supervisors whome are overloaded with unrealistic exspectations by higher management.This is then transferred through the workforce,where the hypocracy of safety is only superficialy relayed through prestarts meetings to appease the major client.This company uses peoples fear of not being able to pay their morgages to enslave them in a workplace with less respect then being in prison.

Pros

nil

Cons

unrespectful

Team work environment

Contract was for eight months. Great team effort to get the job done with safety a priority. Co-workers knew their jobs and got on well.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Downer Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Downer Group