Downer Group

Downer Group Employee Reviews in Newcastle NSW

Newcastle NSW9 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

worked with them before i would definitely work for them anytime

worked with them before i would definitely work for them anytime, Everyday i learnt something different, they direct you in the courses that you are willing to do & met great people on sites which are now friends even the bosses & supervisors i still keep in touch with them

Pros

great crew & safety comes first

Cons

it depends what site

Average place to work,I have been at at a lot better.quite a few bett

Downer management at the time I was there approximately 7 yebetter9ars was a boys club very insular and nepotism was rife. Purcasing preferences within this company were given to suppliers who were giving the most benefits to those providing the orders, thus providing a lucrative overall package to those in the club. Not a good place to work if you are trusting and basically honest.

Pros

Fellow workers are frendly.

Cons

Management not consultative. Unrealistic targets.

Downer promotes a standard that employees take pride in their work

Management promotes a safety orientated work place with a high standard of employee participation, and the willingness of employees to show and teach others to work safely and efficiently. The typical work day is to complete the work according to job priority.

Pros

Localised work sites

Cons

Contract work sites

Hard working team

Hard working team with strong commitment to project quality, timeliness and budgets

Pros

Large company

Cons

Beaurocracy

A good workplace, friendly people

I have been there for several years and it has its ups and downs but at the end of the day it was good. Co- workers was mostly all helpful. The atmopshere was okay.

Pros

Free PPE and good wagers

It was a quick learning curve on the maintenance area and always productive.

There a projects that where to be beneficial to improve the customer service that was later put on hold indefinitely due to the redundancies which will impact later on the customer.

Pros

Moral boosting BBQ's

Cons

Not enough Moral boosting BBQ's

good work great people to work for

good management, good co-workers,hrs were good, you felt like you belonged.

I would have stayed with Downer if work was available

The day would begin with our pre start meeting and then get our tasks for the day. I learnt from skilled Supervisors who did not hesitate to assist. Management were motivated in job completion but NOT at the expense of safety for there employees. Thoroughly enjoyed working with my workmates whom I am still in contact with after 9 years. Hardest part of the job would have to be leaving Downer as no work was on offer at the time of project completion. Forming friendships.

Pros

Good mates

Cons

Leaving Downer

Could be a lot better

Job changes with each job site & site Managers. Rail procedures Still in Training, Good to work with. Changes to all rules & Mind reading. Varied work sites seeing different parts of the state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Downer Group with

Learn about Downer Group in Newcastle NSW

• Downer Group
  • Newcastle NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?